X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mesh
    • Dec 2006

Re: Yes or No?

[quote user="Faust"]Toe sandals are a major fail in my book (just like flip-flops)
    [/quote]

I love it when you post for me.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="mesh"]

[quote user="Faust"]Toe sandals are a major fail in my book (just like flip-flops)
      [/quote]

[/quote]

[Y]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="mesh"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[Y]

[/quote]

aww, just like two peas in a pod you two are. [73]

hiro, i have no aversion to sandals on men, but, unless you are planning to wear them very carefully and rarely, I would not pay that much. They simply wear out too quickly to justify the price. Also, the ankle tie sandals for next spring are far more special, imo. [64]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I've had my Dirk Schonberger sandals for about 8 years now, and they hold up splendidly. That shows you how much I wear sandals. [86] I think I paid $65 for them though (way before Tootsi Plohound turned into eurotrash lalaland).
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

btw, hiro, don't know what your size is, but there is a pair in 43 on ebay for $200

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

I found a pair of black trousers that are very flattering on me. They've got some cool riri zippers on the sides of the waistband. They're a brand I've shied away from in the past (Ann Demeulemeester), but they're $150 right now, and I don't own black trousers at the moment. The thing is, I can't think of when/where I would wear black trousers. The price is right, the cut is right, but where do I even end up wearing black trousers, and with what? They're not dressy in my mind, I'm a little lost, but at that price, with that cut, I feel like I should get them . Advice!
              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Pinoy
                • Dec 2006

[quote user="theetruscan"]I found a pair of black trousers that are very flattering on me. They've got some cool riri zippers on the sides of the waistband. They're a brand I've shied away from in the past (Ann Demeulemeester), but they're $150 right now, and I don't own black trousers at the moment. The thing is, I can't think of when/where I would wear black trousers. The price is right, the cut is right, but where do I even end up wearing black trousers, and with what? They're not dressy in my mind, I'm a little lost, but at that price, with that cut, I feel like I should get them . Advice!
                [/quote]

not sure if this is the right forum to post this on, since black is the uniform of seemingly every SZer. to be honest i used to think the same way as you. i felt that black trousers were reserved for formal events and just seemed so office-like and out of place with my more casual-streetwear wardrobe. however, i soon realized the more important aspect to look at was the fabric on these black trousers. if they're a fine worsted wool like on most formal pants, they i would pass on them? especially since it feels like you don't really wear much formal gear. however, if they are made of a more substantial fabric with more texture (say a wool/ramie blend like demeulemeester likes to use), then i think they'd work very well in a casual wardrobe and would go well with a lot of pieces.

in any case, if you do decide to pass on these demeulemeester trousers, shoot me a PM. ive been on the hunt for a nice pair of black trousers.

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

[quote user="danieldy"]not sure if this is the right forum to post this on, since black is the uniform of seemingly every SZer. to be honest i used to think the same way as you. i felt that black trousers were reserved for formal events and just seemed so office-like and out of place with my more casual-streetwear wardrobe. however, i soon realized the more important aspect to look at was the fabric on these black trousers. if they're a fine worsted wool like on most formal pants, they i would pass on them? especially since it feels like you don't really wear much formal gear. however, if they are made of a more substantial fabric with more texture (say a wool/ramie blend like demeulemeester likes to use), then i think they'd work very well in a casual wardrobe and would go well with a lot of pieces.

in any case, if you do decide to pass on these demeulemeester trousers, shoot me a PM. ive been on the hunt for a nice pair of black trousers.

[/quote]

They're definitely a more casual fabric. If they were the slightly shiny pure wool fabric, I'd skip them. The Barney's in SF has them in at least 2-3 sizes, (S,M,L,XL though), so if there's one you'd want me to proxy for you, I'd be happy to (if it is in stock). I'd need $159 + tax + shipping + beer money, so probably around 195-200, I'll check what they have.

I like, and wear black, mostly tees, jackets, boots, sweaters, socks, belts and the like, I've had trouble getting away from tacky office casual when thinking about black trousers, but I suspect these are wearable, I'm just not sure how yet.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="theetruscan"]I found a pair of black trousers that are very flattering on me. They've got some cool riri zippers on the sides of the waistband. They're a brand I've shied away from in the past (Ann Demeulemeester), but they're $150 right now, and I don't own black trousers at the moment. The thing is, I can't think of when/where I would wear black trousers. The price is right, the cut is right, but where do I even end up wearing black trousers, and with what? They're not dressy in my mind, I'm a little lost, but at that price, with that cut, I feel like I should get them . Advice!
                    [/quote]

</cannot comprehend post. intermittent cerebral cortex failure. brain shutdown.>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
                      • Nov 2007

Haha, seriously. Where wouldn't you wear black trousers? I have a few different pairs, I just wear them in place of jeans on some days. I mean these don't sound like they have pleats, right?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I know which ones he's talking about - I like them. These but in solid black. I think the tabs are the same as Plokhov used in one of his late Cloak collections.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• qnc.hst
                          • Oct 2007

The heat is hitting the dinner roll-basket of the grande olde States and I've been thinking of snagging one/more of the ultra-light Ann D tees from Atelier. I knows that they only have white left, at least in my size... I also know that there's a heavy x-ray factor, which is fine by me... no issues about self-exposure in a casual environment here, and as someone who basically always layers some kind of l/s even in the summer to hide a tattoo at work, lightweight is key. Has anyone handled these? Any opinions I really like how they look in the A pics, but that goes for like everything on that site, so I'm not sure if I should trust my judgment based on that criteria.

I feel ridiculous asking yes/no about white t-shirts, but I figured I'd let it out since I'm basically following "flip flops" (okay, not quite... btw, I like these hiro) and "black trousers" (theetruscan, I know what you mean about feeling weird about wearing black trousers in some occassions. That said, I like these too and you already got 'em I think, so there you go)

Thanks much...

I think they're easily the number one punk item.

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

wowee, those are beautiful, mass!!!!

sorry i missed them before....i agree with the wire.artist, re: the footwear. Big yay! [75]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• swami
                              • Jul 2008

So these CCP boots have been on the bay for awhile ...No takers yet. Has anyone tried this style on...Seems like the top of the boot might be too wide and look funky ...OR could look pretty cool ...Cant decide...Would looove some feedback.

What would be a fair price to offer? Tks for any comments

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carol-Christian-...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

• theetruscan
                                • Jan 2008

[quote user="swami"]So these CCP boots have been on the bay for awhile ...No takers yet. Has anyone tried this style on...Seems like the top of the boot might be too wide and look funky ...OR could look pretty cool ...Cant decide...Would looove some feedback.

What would be a fair price to offer? Tks for any comments

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carol-Christian-...QQcmdZViewItem[/quote]

I love the idea of those boots. The concept of something that forces a specific gait on the wearer is a lot of fun. That being said, you better have a pretty complete wardrobe to even think about blowing significant money on a curiousity like that, because a boot designed to make you walk like an elephant isn't going to see a lot of wear.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎