X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deleuze
    • Jul 2007

Re: Yes or No?

I agree with mass especially considering where the pockets are placed relative to the waistline. For a long coat I just don't think this works on you. It still looks good and the coat is stunning but for the price I think you can do better. However it may wear totally different when not posed.

Comment

• Yan
      • Mar 2008

Yes. The silhoutte is similar to Todd Lynn but the execution is certainly not.

Comment

• awlouie
        • Sep 2007

Niddy...even though it is a top coat...the fabric makes it soft and casual....I'm sure you can rock it! Isay [Y]

"Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
        -Bruce Lee

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

It could just be the cellphone pic, but the pockets seem to exaggerate your hips, and it doesn't appear particularly flattering. It's not bad, I'm just not sure it's good enough to be worth it.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• awlouie
            • Sep 2007

[quote user="theetruscan"]

It could just be the cellphone pic, but the pockets seem to exaggerate your hips, and it doesn't appear particularly flattering. It's not bad, I'm just not sure it's good enough to be worth it.

[/quote]

I understand what you're saying but, it's not a traditional coat. CCP tailoring is very sharp and slim. The pockets are meant to be higher as well as the button stance and acentuates the waist. I think the proportion is right for PNod. It is probably the camera angle.

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
            -Bruce Lee

Comment

• awlouie
              • Sep 2007

Here's a similar coat.

-Bruce Lee

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

/\ I was just going to say that it might be the camera angle. The pocket placement on that coat is fucking awesome. I love the higher setting. Can't find anything wrong with the coat, with the exception of the sharp shift in the silhouette through the waist. It opens up again beautifully though, so I imagine its the angle of the shot. Got any more photos? Cuz at $3k with that pic alone I'd have to say no. I bet that shit looks wicked as fuck unbuttoned though.

Edit: It seems to be clinging on your right (our left) side from the underarm to the waist. Doesn't appear to be doing so on your left.

Originally posted by Faust
                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• mass
                  • Sep 2006

maybe it's the different height between the 2 wear-erz &/or stance (if it's not the same coat)... where the top button hits in pnod's photo seems to be above the elbow (even if just slightly) whereas in the photo awlouie posted it's right at or even below, which i think makes a huge difference and is much more flattering. of course it could also be the angle.... x:

Comment

• Jon
                    • Apr 2008

Pnuts, that coat is sick, but not baller enough. Get the parachute version.
                    Originally posted by merz
                    perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• Who?
                      • Aug 2007

P- [Y] that coat is wonderful. I really dig the sharp silhouette contrasted with the brushed cotton material. It seems to be a perfect spring/summer coat. If you don't have a coat like this already you should get it.
                      WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Spencer
                        • Feb 2007

Looks really good, Pgnarly. The price makes me go "eh", but I'm cheap and shop at like Gap 'n stuff.

Comment

• asho
                          • Nov 2007

In the name of market research for a future project would members here:

A) buy handmade boots like these

B) pay around $800

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

asho, if there was a way to try them on before purchase, yes, would love to support you.

thanks for all the great replies, this decision is not getting any easier. i wish i had a pic w it unbuttoned + or w hands in pockys, the vibe is def. more punk, less formal. i wonder if mr. lowrey has seen this in person and his thoughts...

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• asho
                              • Nov 2007

[quote user="philip nod"]

asho, if there was a way to try them on before purchase, yes, would love to support you.

[/quote]

thankyou very much. The potential to have them included in a baller outfit could justify a personal fitting on its own...

Comment

• DHC
                                • Jul 2007

[quote user="philip nod"]

thanks
                                for all the great replies, this decision is not getting any easier. i
                                wish i had a pic w it unbuttoned + or w hands in pockys, the vibe is
                                def. more punk, less formal.
                                i wonder if mr. lowrey has seen this in
                                person and his thoughts...

[/quote]

Second Pnidster!

You just sold me on the coat without additional pics, but I happen to trust your taste. Did you happen try sizing up to check the fit? If so, how was it in your estimation?

Originally posted by Faust
                                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎