X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reborn
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Merveilles View Post
    can anyone list off what this guy is wearing? Mainly the jacket :)
    someone pulled it of the sartorialist...mostly YSL, I think.

Comment

• jcotteri
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
      i thought i'd quote these retard shoes one more time cuz i can
      hehe i was scrolling down and thought the same thing..
      WTB: This

Comment

• kucejoe
        • Sep 2006

This shirt...would be worn with a short jacket/sweater and slim pants.

Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• reborn
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by kucejoe View Post
          This shirt...would be worn with a short jacket/sweater and slim pants.
          I like it. if it had sleeves, I would have purchased it when Raf showed it a few seasons ago...if it's priced right, rock & roll

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I like it, kucejoe. I like bold graphics.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LEWisMe
              • Jul 2007

I'm looking for a long clingy LS tee that isn't RO. What do you guys think of this? If not this, any recommendations for a RO type LS tee?

"Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

^ what happened to the Julius one with the leather epaulet type detail? Couldn't score it in your size?

The A one you posted here looks solid. Why not Rick though? They too sheer?
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• maldoror
                  • Jun 2007

the ro ribbed jams really aren't sheer at all. just sooooo soft.

Comment

• LEWisMe
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                    ^ what happened to the Julius one with the leather epaulet type detail? Couldn't score it in your size?

The A one you posted here looks solid. Why not Rick though? They too sheer?
                    The Julius with the leather epaulet type detail is still on my radar. My concern about it is the collar. Being a little broad shouldered, I'm worried that I'll stretch out the v-neck and it might end up being too low in the front. Also, I'm looking to pick it up at Blackbird but they're only getting in 2 of them and to hold one, I'd need to shell out a 50% deposit. Problem is that if I don't like it, I only get 30% back. Not a good deal IMHO. I'm also a little concerned about how to care for the leather details - can I wash them or dry clean only?

I'm looking for more of a closed neck top like the one I posted above and I think most of the RO LS tees have a more ample sized neck opening no?
                    "Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

Comment

• LEWisMe
                      • Jul 2007

Just saw the same shredded bottom Julius LS tee on Komakino and it's hella sheer. I guess I'm gonna have to pass on it. I don't really like my tats showing through...

What a difference lighting makes huh!?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

That's kinda wack that blackbird wants you to throw down 50% to hold an item and if you don't want it you lose 20%. It's not like they're special ordering it for you. Bad business practice IMO.

As for the sheer-ness, a lot of Rick pieces and Julius pieces are sheerish when taken with a flash but in reality aren't so sheer. Even the classic Rick tees are nowhere near as sheer in real life as in photographs. I often just wear one (although I often double layer with them just for the color contrasts at the hem/collar/cuff etc.) without any nipplage.

As for cleaning, I always hand wash my super delicate fabrics.
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Jon
                          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by LEWisMe View Post
                          Just saw the same shredded bottom Julius LS tee on Komakino and it's hella sheer. I guess I'm gonna have to pass on it. I don't really like my tats showing through...

What a difference lighting makes huh!?
                          Honestly, I think this piece is a good pick up. Not actually as sheer as the pic shows (like you said, lighting is everything and that's with a flash lighting the model) also, not as brown/reddish. Great fit, too. As long as you're cool with the shredded bottom, I say yea.
                          Originally posted by merz
                          perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• croatoan
                            • Jul 2007

For the FW08 ribbed tops, keep in mind that they fit incredibly slim. They may not be completely sheer but they do definitely show off every ripple on your body. I would consider them to be more of a layering piece to go with the rest of the Julius stuff.. If you want an easier top to wear that is still long and slim, I would go for one of the cotton/cashmere jersey pieces from this season -- they have a slightly loose neck opening, but it is definitely smaller than past seasons.

(size 1 ribbed [non-shredded] under layer with size 2 cotton/cashmere jersey outer)

Comment

• Chim
                              • Dec 2006

hey guys, what do you think about this RO on ebay? I've never seen it before; anybody have any comments on the leather quality and if its worth risking a transaction with a 81.8% newb?

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
                                If you want an easier top to wear that is still long and slim, I would go for one of the cotton/cashmere jersey pieces from this season -- they have a slightly loose neck opening, but it is definitely smaller than past seasons.
                                I bought a few of the cotton/cashmere jersey long sleeve tees this season and I agree that they are definitely easier to wear than the RO l/s tees, they are nowhere near as sheer but they are still drapey and can be worn without layering. it can be worn as a wide neck or a moderate u-neck too depending on where you wear it on your shoulders and the material is nice and soft .

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎