Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theaddict
    • Apr 2008

I just bought a pair of white derbys from David (props to him!) and i hope that the size 6 will fit me since i think i am a size 7 in the side zips...another try...but what i heard from Diego and uparmoured is that the derbys are indeed bigger and especially in SS07 they were bigger than the side zips from this season...hope it will work out this time for me, if not i will resell the third pair of Poells here...sigh...

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
    Daniel, that's what I generally experienced with the derbys... I'm a size 8 in the zipup boots and I know I could take a 7 in the derby's solid.

Can't speak for this season though... leave it to Brother Nod, AKA*NYC and others on here for that hot info
    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• maldoror
      • Jun 2007

well, if worst comes to worst, at least you shouldn't have that hard a time with resale.

Comment

• unujnha
        • Sep 2008

nom de guerre
        990$
        the thing is shop jake only have M - 21inches across chest
        i tried it on & the shoulder fits me perfect.
        and im 36 - would S fit me better? or is it suppose to be a little roomy with trench coats? i never bought NDG before
        "Man is certainly crazy. He could not make a mite, and he makes gods by the dozen."

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

No. Looks like something from H&M
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• reborn
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            No. Looks like something from H&M
            NO to the trench.

Faust is right.

Unless there's an amazing lining or interesting details (which are not apparent), you are better off buying a less expensive trench at H&M or any other fashion retailer. Use the extra cash on something awesome: footwear, knitwear, etc.

Comment

• croatoan
              • Jul 2007

If it is your thing, I say go for it. It is quite beautiful. As for details; the fabric is a really cool polyester twill (closeup below) and it is lined with a thick removable wool felt.

Comment

• Pinoy
                • Dec 2006

Thanks for your sharing your sizing experiences, Albert & PNod.

PNiddy- what shoe size do you normally wear? I take it you're a 44?

A has the derbies in a CCP size 8, and I'm really hoping they'll work out. Gonna be in NYC in a little over a week, so I'm really crossing my fingers the CCP sizing gods bless my pilgrimage to A.

Comment

• Johnny
                  • Sep 2006

the ndg is quite nice, and it does have what looks like a pretty good quality removable lining in black wool, so it's way above H&W in terms of quality, and therefore looks (in person), but it's not brilliant and its quite expensive.
                  on sizing, I think ndg is very small this season. my wife bought a man's cardigan in small and its fits her a little loose, and she's quite small. i am a 38, and couldn't get it on. (the cardigan that is, not with her)

Comment

• Pinoy
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                    i am a 38, and couldn't get it on. (the cardigan that is, not with her)

Comment

• maldoror
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by danieldy View Post
                      Thanks for your sharing your sizing experiences, Albert & PNod.

PNiddy- what shoe size do you normally wear? I take it you're a 44?

A has the derbies in a CCP size 8, and I'm really hoping they'll work out. Gonna be in NYC in a little over a week, so I'm really crossing my fingers the CCP sizing gods bless my pilgrimage to A.
                      it's good that you'll be handling the shoes in person, not only due to sizing issues, but also because, if you're talking about the particular pair that I think you are (the display pair), there is some weirdness with the leather that may or may not be your thing. specifically the leather has that sueded "fuzzy" quality in places which you can see on aka's derby's. I'm not that into it, but you may love it. either way, you can only get a good sense of it by seeing them in person.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                        the ndg is quite nice, and it does have what looks like a pretty good quality removable lining in black wool, so it's way above H&W in terms of quality, and therefore looks (in person), but it's not brilliant and its quite expensive.
                        on sizing, I think ndg is very small this season. my wife bought a man's cardigan in small and its fits her a little loose, and she's quite small. i am a 38, and couldn't get it on. (the cardigan that is, not with her)
                        That's it - I am sending this to the missus!!!
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
                          • Apr 2008

Not sure about this scarf, so yay or nay?

Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• how's the quality? Looks a bit too much like a table cloth with the fringes in my opinion. if it wasn't as fullbodied, like the stephan schneider scarf, I would've said yes. If it didn't have that much fringes, I would've said yes.

Comment

• Real Real
                              • Feb 2007

This Y's wool trench:

Anyone familiar with the material on this one? It looks transparent on the bottom...

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Real Real View Post
                                This Y's wool trench:

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/Y'S+FOR+MEN+YOHJI+YAMAMOTO/tskay/3FD17CD7/cod10/411138832C/sts/dreambox80/areaid/74/id_code/1079970_36_9_2C_70

Anyone familiar with the material on this one? It looks transparent on the bottom...
                                That's because it's partially lined and the flash exposed the thinness of the fabric. Probably not very warm, but I like how it looks (love the pattern and the piping).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎