Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theaddict
    • Apr 2008

What are your thoughts about the brand WJK guys?
    I tried a leather shirt yesterday and a leather safari jacket and the leather was by far the nicest leather i touched in the recent time. And the cut was just as if the stuff would be made for my body (supertight sleeves).
    No experience with this brand though...any thoughts?
    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• random
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
      I tried a leather shirt yesterday and a leather safari jacket and the leather was by far the nicest leather i touched in the recent time. And the cut was just as if the stuff would be made for my body (supertight sleeves).
      quality is top notch. design-wise Just so so. basically its military pieces + ripoff.
      I don't exist.

Comment

• theaddict
        • Apr 2008

hmmm, yeah the leather shirt looked exactly like the Carpe Diem leather shirts (just saw that the WJK designer worked under Carpe for some years)...

Originally posted by random View Post
        quality is top notch. design-wise Just so so. basically its military pieces + ripoff.

Comment

• croatoan
          • Jul 2007

It is very high quality and they use excellent materials. The factory they use in Japan produces a couple other high quality brands, including Individual Sentiments. This season they have a couple amazing leather pieces which use the same Italian washable calfskin leather that Carpe Diem used (apparently they are one of very, very few brands who are actually "licensed" to use the same leathers Carpe Diem was using) and next season they have a lovely Carpe Diem-style leather shirt coming also in the same leathers.

Comment

• theaddict
            • Apr 2008

Do you meant the M-65 leather jacket? I tried that, and the feeling was soooo nice. Nevertheless the leather shirt did cost exactly as much as the M-64 jacket. And the markup here in Seoul seem incredible. I just checked some japanese pages and the difference is almost 600Euro!!!
            I dont get it, the markup for Attachment is way lower and also for Rick stuff...

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
            It is very high quality and they use excellent materials. The factory they use in Japan produces a couple other high quality brands, including Individual Sentiments. This season they have a couple amazing leather pieces which use the same Italian washable calfskin leather that Carpe Diem used (apparently they are one of very, very few brands who are actually "licensed" to use the same leathers Carpe Diem was using) and next season they have a lovely Carpe Diem-style leather shirt coming also in the same leathers.

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

I dont get it, is WJK really doing a collaboration with (non existent) Carpe Diem?

I just checked the mintdrive webpage and saw these boots which have a "Carpe Diem" tag under the sole and the text also says something about Carpe...but my google translate just translates nonsense..

Comment

• croatoan
                • Jul 2007

Do you meant the M-65 leather jacket? I tried that, and the feeling was soooo nice. Nevertheless the leather shirt did cost exactly as much as the M-64 jacket. And the markup here in Seoul seem incredible. I just checked some japanese pages and the difference is almost 600Euro!!!
                I dont get it, the markup for Attachment is way lower and also for Rick stuff...
                They did two somewhat basic leather jackets and a leather shirt in the washable calf leather. The M65 they did this season is in a horse leather which is equally amazing.

This was probably my favourite leather jacket from the season which was in that washable calf leather..

edit: I believe the "collaboration" things are basically just leftover stock of Carpe Diem that wjk has a license to sell/distribute. Their shop in Omotesando has a (very) small handful of Carpe Diem shoes left and when I was there last month exactly one Carpe Diem leather shirt left -- in my size too.

Comment

• theaddict
                  • Apr 2008

So if i go to Tokyo next month there might be the chance to try some Carpe boots in my size (maybe some boots that would finally fit me?).

Comment

• croatoan
                    • Jul 2007

It's possible, although perhaps unlikely that they are still around. When I was there they had I think six pairs; I think mainly around sizes 42-44 with one or two 40s.. something like that. That is where philip nod got his Carpe Diem shoes.

Of course the other wjk shops outside of Tokyo might have different stock.
                    Last edited by croatoan; 10-14-2008, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                      • Dec 2006

I dont get it, is WJK really doing a collaboration with (non existent) Carpe Diem?

I just checked the mintdrive webpage and saw these boots which have a "Carpe Diem" tag under the sole and the text also says something about Carpe...but my google translate just translates nonsense..

http://www.mindtrive.com/wjk/item/1105_wjk_sho.php
                      i think WJK had a close relationship with CDiem and they were licensed to sell the leftover stock of boots. nice fits, good stuff, a lot of military designs. there's a lot of outerwear that i'd wear for everyday, and they had some crumpled linen hook shirts that were a cheaper CDiem alternative. i haven't owned any WJK, but i had some AKM which is its sister brand that works mainly in leather, and it's pretty nice. i think WJK is available at The Archive and maybe Gamma Player in the US.

Comment

• random
                        • Dec 2007

rick owens leather w/ studs from ss08. no?
                        I don't exist.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by random View Post
                          rick owens leather w/ studs from ss08. no?
                          Only if you are...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• naked? Superman? Smiling? Ripped?

Comment

• Purity
                              • Apr 2007

If you are Jon Bon Jovi!

Comment

• jordache jeans
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Only if you are...

When did bon jovi get so ripped?

You guys notice that there are tons of celebrities now with muscular physiques all of a sudden? Did BALCO move from juicing up ball players to actors and musicians?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎