X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • khiev
    • Nov 2006

Re: Yes or No?

I know you guys are not particularly fond of big brand houses, but I figured I'd try anyway. What do you guys of this Gucci jacket? I've searched around for truly outstanding leather jackets (spring/summer) and honestly, I havent found many, outside of Gucci, Rick Owens, Cdiem, and Hermes (though way overpriced)

Comment

• xcoldricex
      • Sep 2006

i don't know what your style is. but i don't like the styling or the luster of the jacket.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I'm with Coldrice. I don't mind just a tiny bit of sheen, but this is a bit too much. I also don't like the flap chest pockets, they make it look like a jean jacket done in leather.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kucejoe
          • Sep 2006

So, these were an impulse purchase, should I keep or return?

They are Dior grey 19cm

Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• sbw4224
            • Sep 2006

I say keep them! Is there something you don't like about them?

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

your vans look a bit clunky with those but maybe its a trick with the different colored shoelaces, i'm not sure... but they fit you well - if you're having serious doubts return. if not i think they look good.

Comment

• kucejoe
                • Sep 2006

Thanks, I'll probably keep them. It was just that it was an impulse buy and I tend to stalk my purchases. Anyways, I just slipped on the Vans to take the picture and looking at the photo, they do look bigger than they are (but I think you are right, Ill put in all black laces)

Oh, and the Gucci leather jacket, I like the sleeves, but to me the pocket flaps on the chest make it look disproportionate.

Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• massymas
                  • Dec 2006

I've been looking for a strap boot lately... and I'm thinking about these boots. Not that I'm choosing between these as an either/or purchase. I'm just wondering about them individually....

Cloak's winter boots... they look nice, but the pricetag is crazy and I don't know how well the wool(?) fabric will hold up.

HLS through yoox, they're nice lookin' but my friend keeps mistaking them as cow-boy boots and I would hate to look like a texan ^_-

Comment

• xcoldricex
                    • Sep 2006

the cloak ones are described as "felt" but i don't know if they're wool or what...

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]the cloak ones are described as "felt" but i don't know if they're wool or what...
                      [/quote]

They are wool, yes. I REALLY don't like them. The sole on them is so flimsy, it looks like it gives no support whatsoever. And $750 for a wool (not leather) boot, I'm sorry. They are 30% off at Barneys and I am sure we'll see them at the warehouse sale.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• massymas
                        • Dec 2006

Thanks faust, I really respect your opinion. I remember you
                        chiming in your opinion when I posted about my curiousity over the
                        dessert boots back in superfuture. I did try the boot on and it
                        felt very comfortable... I'm resolving to wait till the warehouse sale
                        (even though the salesman said there was only one in my size left) to
                        pick these up.

What do you think about the second boot? It's not available in black anymore though, just in tan/saddle.

With
                        both boots I just love the strap detail. The cloak boots being
                        very functional when it comes to easily tucking pants into the boot.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="massymas"]

pick these up.

What do you think about the second boot? It's not available in black anymore though, just in tan/saddle.

With

[/quote]

Thanks. I like the second ones better, although I'm generally not a fan of the cowboy heel. These don't look that much like cowboy boots though (I think the strap is actually what saves them).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
                            • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="massymas"]

pick these up.

With

[/quote]

Thanks. I like the second ones better, although I'm generally not a fan of the cowboy heel. These don't look that much like cowboy boots though (I think the strap is actually what saves them).

[/quote]

Take a closer look: they're exactly like cowboy boots from the toe: they have an piecing and stitching detail that you only ever see on cowboy boots. The minute you were these with pants over them and hide the buckles, they will be regular cowboy boots. And in tan, it just stresses the point.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="massymas"]

pick these up.

With

[/quote]

[/quote]

Take a closer look: they're exactly like cowboy boots from the toe: they have an piecing and stitching detail that you only ever see on cowboy boots. The minute you were these with pants over them and hide the buckles, they will be regular cowboy boots. And in tan, it just stresses the point.

[/quote]

Umm, I missed the part about tan/suede - then it's a skip. Massymass did mention about tucking the pants in, so it would've been Ok.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nairb49
                                • Dec 2006

I'm sure the CCP twist pants will look good, but I think the yes/no answer would obviously be easier with a pic if you can manage to try them on somewhere...

I'm with Faust on the Gucci leather, don't really like the sheen or pocket detailing. Dior makes a pretty nice jacket with somewhat similar overall style, but with epaulets, no front flap pockets, and no luster.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎