X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deuxmille
    • Nov 2006

Re: Yes or No?

Servo, as much as I like Raf Simons (I'm slightly obsessed!), those pants really aren't that great IMO. I'd rather go for the high waisted pants with the self belt (incredible pants) or the ones with the high elastic belt (if it didn't have the ugly satin stripe on the outseam!!).

The accordion pants just fall weird on shoes and if you're like me, the accordion will loose its novelty after a few wears. The fabric of the pants isn't that great either.

If you want pants that look as good in a formal outfit than with sneakers and a tee, the best I've found in CCP (not reasonable priced, but I find it worth it). You could also look at CdG. Raf pants aren't that versatile I find.

Comment

• Servo2000
      • Oct 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]
      If you want pants that look as good in a formal outfit than with sneakers and a tee, the best I've found in CCP (not reasonable priced, but I find it worth it). You could also look at CdG. Raf pants aren't that versatile I find.
      [/quote]

Yeah, the more I've been looking at this the less interesting and more 'novelty' they are looking. They still look alright, but ultimately not worth the time + effort to purchase and tailor, especially if they fall weird on shoes. That kills it for me, it always bugs me when pants don't fall nicely on shoes.

And that's why I love this thread: it keeps me from purchasing stuff I don't need.
      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]
        Servo, as much as I like Raf Simons (I'm slightly obsessed!), those pants really aren't that great IMO. I'd rather go for the high waisted pants with the self belt (incredible pants) or the ones with the high elastic belt (if it didn't have the ugly satin stripe on the outseam!!).

The accordion pants just fall weird on shoes and if you're like me, the accordion will loose its novelty after a few wears. The fabric of the pants isn't that great either.

[/quote]

Actually, Raf's classic skinny pants with self-belt (not the ones Seven has that bakla got) are probably the most beautiful/versatile pair I own. I think they are a must in any wardrobe. I own a pair in black virgin wool, and they are incredible. Servo, I suggest you invest in a timeless piece like that if you are at an early stage of building a wardrobe.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
          • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Actually, Raf's classic skinny pants with self-belt (not the ones Seven has that bakla got) are probably the most beautiful/versatile pair I own. I think they are a must in any wardrobe. I own a pair in black virgin wool, and they are incredible. Servo, I suggest you invest in a timeless piece like that if you are at an early stage of building a wardrobe.

[/quote]

You'll have to point those out to me sometime, Faust. PM me a link to the collection / piece, whenever you get the time, I'd really appreciate it.

Comment

• The Baron
            • Jan 2007

[quote user="macuser3of5"]I think I'll go for them... My only
            hesitation is the blue; could be a hard color to coordinate
            with.[/quote]

Well, it's a good shade of blue. I think it would
            coordinate nicely with shades of khaki, mud brown, military greens,
            baby blues, etc. Even some corals and pinks. Earth and sky colors,
            basically.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Servo they are like the ones you posted without the accordeon thingie
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• djrajio
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

anyone try on the junya watanabe women's n3b? sizing looks like its for a guy.. even size SS looks like it'd be roomy for me...

doesn't look like much on the runway.. but it looks very well constructed

opinions?

[/quote]

If you can get it for a steal, then grab it. I like military myself too...

Comment

• xcoldricex
                  • Sep 2006

too late, slept on it - haha. that and a nice rucksack leather yohji bag!

Comment

• deuxmille
                    • Nov 2006

Hehe, I did say in my post that the self belt pants are incredible :) I also recommend the double pleated trousers he did this winter. They're a loose cut and drape very well... they're kinda short though, maybe because the ones I tried are for the japanese market??

I should have specified that he puts out some gimmicky pants that aren't very versatile. Like those accordion trousers or the ones with the high, separated elastic belt.

Comment

• nairb49
                      • Dec 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]too late, slept on it - haha. that and a nice rucksack leather yohji bag!
                      [/quote]

Good sleep, IMO. Not too much a fan of that particular jacket. That bad you missed though, sounds interesting!

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

This CDG H+ reversible (well, not for me, but technically reversible) blazer? I already got the go ahead from my CDG expert, I am still slightly unsure (mostly sure). Price is right. The fabric looks really gorgeous from the closeup shot.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

Faust, yes. I really like the combo of the fabrics and the buttons.
                          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                            • Sep 2006

counting on most of you since you've been to the cloak store...

i saw it in HK but didn't have time to try it on. don't like how its styled on the runway, but thinking it might be better in real life. opinions?

Comment

• Servo2000
                              • Oct 2006

(back photo from the same auction)

At first I thought it looked kind of strange from the back, but I actually really like it now for some reason. Haven't seen it in person or on the runway, but my first reaction would be yes.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                                • Sep 2006

i didn't post that because i probably wouldn't wear it like that- i would leave the hood zipped.

;)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎