Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Classic dilemma. Any other leather, I would buy. This... too pimp? I mean bad pimp.

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• bestial
      • Jun 2008

you would atleast be someones knight in shining armour.

don't really care for the back vent either.

Comment

• Nikov
        • Nov 2008

i think they also have that same jacket in a different type of leather. saw some pictures on mindtrive where the leather did not look nearly as stiff.

Comment

• deleuze
          • Jul 2007

100% no. That shit doesn't even feel like leather, more like some cheap crinkled paper ski jacket.

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Originally posted by deleuze View Post
            100% no. That shit doesn't even feel like leather, more like some cheap crinkled paper ski jacket.
            Yeah, that's what I thought...

Originally posted by Nikov View Post
            i think they also have that same jacket in a different type of leather. saw some pictures on mindtrive where the leather did not look nearly as stiff.
            You mean this one:

Originally posted by bestial View Post
            you would atleast be someones knight in shining armour.

don't really care for the back vent either.
            I quite like the 'cape'. People don't wear enough capes.

While I have your attention - this one, yes or no? It's brown, not black. Anyone seen this in real life?

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

would say no as well.. that cut looks great in regular leather or nylon but in that material it looks very awkward.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                Yeah, that's what I thought...

While I have your attention - this one, yes or no? It's brown, not black. Anyone seen this in real life?

That's the SZ-jacket last season, it's great.

what leather is it?

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                  That's the SZ-jacket last season, it's great.
                  Yea, I know - should have been a no brainer but I opted to buy other things when this was more readily available ... came across this one at a really good price, but I have never seen a brown one in real life. And not sure how this violent dash of colour would sit with the rest of my wardrobe.

Comment

• Catfood
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post

I have that in black and I've handled the brown too. Can't say I like the brown as much, but I guess this is down to personal preference. I would skip it if you if you actually prefer the black, there are so many people on SZ that have this jacket that it's bound to show up in the classifieds at some point anyway

Comment

• BeauIXI
                      • Nov 2008

Don't get brown. It's too future tech to be brown, brown is more classic leather jacket, black allows the construction and silhouette to really shine, brown kind of competes.

As for me, I've been killing myself for ages over this one..

I know the Rick sneakers are thought of as a little overdone, but that doesn't really change my liking them. Especially since summer is around the corner and they look great with shorts.

Then there're the combat boots. I probably wouldn't be able to wear them all the time, because of summer, but they do have a slightly more elegant feel. Far more grown up, I would say. I'm only 20, however. I love the way they let my jeans bunch up at the top.

They're both about the same price. How do you all feel about them? Or should I wait and see if I can get my hands on some derbies, or nicer Ann sneakers, etc? Rick looks nice on me because I have a larger build.
                      Originally posted by philip nod
                      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Catfood View Post
                        I have that in black and I've handled the brown too. Can't say I like the brown as much, but I guess this is down to personal preference. I would skip it if you if you actually prefer the black, there are so many people on SZ that have this jacket that it's bound to show up in the classifieds at some point anyway
                        it would be fun to do a thread where everyone posted up in theirs...then we could see just how many are in the motorcycle gang.
                        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

mrbeuys, i agree with deleuze. that RO "leather" screams wackarnolds.
                          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• BeauIXI
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Eternal
                            BeauIXI: Finally planing to get trainers as well. The price did always set me off, but now I'm reddy for ful retail. And they have never been available in store in Norway either ( I prefer to try on 1000USD+ sneakers before i buy them).

As for the combats, I like this much more, and always will. Those you posted sort of reminds me of docs.
                            Yeah, they're all nice choices. I think I like the fact that the ones at Komakino look like Docs. It's very classic, and yet he hasn't made a carbon copy, there's something special still there. When they're on me, they remind me of this:

Not exactly SZ material, but that's the image that comes to mind. That or someone very official. I like the higher cut of that particular boot.
                            Originally posted by philip nod
                            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Beau, I like the docs one. I warmed up to them while witnessing much Rickowensness. I don't like the ones with the crepe sole at all. Very inelegant.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
                                ¤¤¤
                                • Sep 2006

Funnily enough, having seen more of them worn in person, I have to say the slightly upturned exaggerated sole shape and rough indestructibility of the crepe is growing on me.
                                let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎