X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bakla
    • Oct 2006

Re: Yes or No?

[quote user="LanceP"]^^ That's where I was actually hoping to purchase it upon closer inspection. I'll be in NYC tomorrow for the day, so I'm planning to stop by Seven. What coats would you recommend I consider, in terms of formal wear, and from what shops could I take a look at them? I was also planning to stop by Atelier and the Yohji Yamamoto flagship store.
    [/quote]

I think Raf's Jil Sander coats are nicer for formal wear, but you'll have to see how they fit you as I can't vouch for how they fit me. Barneys might still have a selection to peruse.

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

A lot of the Raf for Jil coats are very padded so watch out. There is one basic cashmere coat that showed up in quite a few mags (front of recent men's vogue) that's cut beautifully, I would highly recommend it for something more formal, if you can find it at this point.
      music

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="LanceP"]^^ That's where I was actually hoping to purchase it upon closer inspection. I'll be in NYC tomorrow for the day, so I'm planning to stop by Seven. What coats would you recommend I consider, in terms of formal wear, and from what shops could I take a look at them? I was also planning to stop by Atelier and the Yohji Yamamoto flagship store.
        [/quote]

Yohji is not on sale until January, so unless you have some serious money burning a whole through your pocket... They do have some really nice coats though. There is still an awesome Ann Dem coat left at IF, a perfect mix of formal and casual, but it's also not very warm (although with this winter, it maybe your best bet). It's the same as AlohaRag had, only in black. You should go to IF regardless, it's right across from Yamamoto. At Atelier, there are some Raf and Rick Owens coats on sale. I don't like the fabric that Rick has used though. There was a really nice Les Hommes coat there, but it was not on sale when I saw it. Everything at Atelier is double-breasted, which I rarely like. Not sure where else to send you. Barneys, I guess, if you are going to make it uptown. Let us know what you find. Maybe I will bump into you tomorrow - I am going birthday shopping to all the usual suspects (AND have a coat as my #1 priority, lol).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LanceP
          • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]

Yohji is not on sale until January, so unless you have some serious money burning a whole through your pocket... They do have some really nice coats though. There is still an awesome Ann Dem coat left at IF, a perfect mix of formal and casual, but it's also not very warm (although with this winter, it maybe your best bet). It's the same as AlohaRag had, only in black. You should go to IF regardless, it's right across from Yamamoto. At Atelier, there are some Raf and Rick Owens coats on sale. I don't like the fabric that Rick has used though. There was a really nice Les Hommes coat there, but it was not on sale when I saw it. Everything at Atelier is double-breasted, which I rarely like. Not sure where else to send you. Barneys, I guess, if you are going to make it uptown. Let us know what you find. Maybe I will bump into you tomorrow - I am going birthday shopping to all the usual suspects (AND have a coat as my #1 priority, lol).

[/quote]

Here is my post from the "Your recent purchases" thread. I actually went to IF, thanks to one of the employees at Atelier who gave me some pointers as to where to stop by. I'm pretty sure I saw the Ann D coat you had mentioned. The Barneys here in Boston has it on sale as well, but for cheaper, so if I decide to grab that particular one I'll just head over to the Barneys here... thanks for the tips though. I actually really liked that piece when I first saw it in person last week over at Barneys, but I just might wait until the discounts get higher. As for Atelier, I loved it, especially with half the store being on sale haha. I ended up grabbing an Undercover long sleeved button-up (as seen in that "Your recent purchases" post) -- it's such a great shirt that fits slim and long throughout, along with some interesting stitching details as well. I wish I could've taken advantage of the Atelier sale and purchased more, but maybe next time...

Good luck with your coat search!... as I'll continue on with mine.

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

Contemplating ordering these pants from Cloak. The rise on them looks rather high but I can't tell if it's just the back pockets playing tricks on me.

Anyone with any experience with these Cloak pants?

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• bakla
              • Oct 2006

Those look great - I say get em. The high rise is very directional now - women's jeans are now edgy when they're very high rise, as some brands are already doing, so men's pants aren't far behind. You'll be ahead of the game, pleats and all![;)]

edit: just saw those on shopejake.com and they say they're an 11.5" rise for the size 34 - if that's your size, that's a medium-high rise.

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Yea that's where I got the pics from. I figure I usually wear a 32 but if I get the 34 I can wear them around my hip area. Ahhh, the decisions, :)

I hear you about the women's high rise pants, but I don't want to go too far. haha

Comment

• deuxmille
                  • Nov 2006

I love high rise pants (and pleats [:D]) so I say go for it as long as your ok with having loud pockets, I'm not a fan of that.

Comment

• bakla
                    • Oct 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Yea that's where I got the pics from. I figure I usually wear a 32 but if I get the 34 I can wear them around my hip area. Ahhh, the decisions, :)

I hear you about the women's high rise pants, but I don't want to go too far. haha

[/quote]

Maybe you should see if they still have them - and on sale - at the soon-to-close Cloak store. You might get your real size.

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

That's a good idea! Except, does the Cloak store ship stuff out? If so, I am in trouble, haha.

Comment

• bakla
                        • Oct 2006

[quote user="Casius"]That's a good idea! Except, does the Cloak store ship stuff out? If so, I am in trouble, haha.

[/quote]

I think a few posters have ordered things like shoes from them. I don't see why not. Call em! They need the cash anyhow![H]

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                          • Nov 2006

$20 Flat Rate for shipping, they will email you an order forum, you fill it out & send it back. Very easy.

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

andrewislasorad-Thanks man. I'll have to call them tomorrow and see what's up.

Comment

• CHRIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2006

[quote user="andrewislasorad"]$20 Flat Rate for shipping, they will email you an order forum, you fill it out & send it back. Very easy.
                              [/quote]

they charged me $45 for shipping out boots [via UPS ground]!

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]andrewislasorad-Thanks man. I'll have to call them tomorrow and see what's up.[/quote]

They had them a weak ago at 40% off.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎