• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Yes or No?

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

point well taken fuuma. i think right now i'm in a transitional phase in my wardrobe and views on fashion. i've really been a simple hoody/sweater/jeans/sneakers type of guy for some time and figured at my age (25), it might be good to branch out a little bit more, and experiment with different cuts/materials/silhouettes that i haven't really worn before; in the end, dress a little bit more mature/'edgy' (hate that term), experimental, yet practical (this being really key). i won't deny that reading sz has really piqued my interest in searching for clothes by certain designers that have a certain aesthetic that would fit with the overall aesthetic i'm going for.

[/quote]

I can 100% relate!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

I can definitely relate to ddohnggo as well. Although I do believe in loving what one has and enjoying it, sometimes deals are just too hard to pass up.
      What I usually go by is this; If I don't think I can live without a certain piece, then I will most likely buy it. If I can, then I wont.

Now with all that being said....

I usually don't buy too much during spring or summer but this year I am aiming at getting 2 pairs of light weight trousers. Looking for something slim and then another that is maybe a bit relaxed. Dark navy and light grey would be ideal.
      So I came across these;
      I love them, but man are they expensive! What do you guys think of Lanvin? Are there any other cheap alternatives?
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

I think Lanvin is unbelievable, quality-wise, but absolutely not worth it for something as casual as this--you'll be wearing them all the time and probably beating them up.

Excellent taste you've got there, though. [:P]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• macuser3of5
          • Sep 2006

Yeah, you would be better off scouring the Yoox sales rack for costume national and etc, there are a few similar pants at great discounts. I have trouble concieving of buying on LVR; yoox may have poor styling tastes and iffy color balance, but at least they aren't shooting with a fisheye lens [*-)]

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

laika-Yea I do love Lanvin's quality and fabrics, but you're definitely right about me beating them up. They are going to get salt water on them all the time, sand, all sorts of stuff so $440 is a little much to justify. :(

The only thing I hate about yoox is thier pictures. The pictures always look so plain and they don't give any life to the product. I have came inches away from ordering many things on there but just can't do it because of the lack of detail seen in thier shots. They do have some wonderful prices though, so I will still look through thier site and see if I find anything worth taking a chance on.

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

Junya jacket? I'm waiting for it to get marked down more time....it's $370 now.

I would wear it with black.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

huge yes! although he did better versions in my opinion, i'm not sure they are on yoox in your size - in any case they are all untouchable in my opinion. it will keep you warm, too!
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

I would wear that jacket for myself, so that's a huge yes from me.

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

Thanks dears! This is the other one that Yoox has in my size. I do like the fact that it's black and white, but I'm concerned it might look too Chanel-ish without the accompanying skirt. And I love the hood on the other jacket...

Thoughts? This one is cheaper ($250)

Comment

• sbw4224
                      • Sep 2006

Laika, I really like the first one. The second one is just okay.

Comment

• Servo2000
                        • Oct 2006

The second one looks great the way it's styled, but on it's own its not as impressive as the first one.
                        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Thanks dears! This is the other one that Yoox has in my size. I do like the fact that it's black and white, but I'm concerned it might look too Chanel-ish without the accompanying skirt. And I love the hood on the other jacket...

[/quote]

Bah, just buy the skirt, too - what's the problem? [:P] It's hard to say which I like best - I think the hood wins it for me, too.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="laika"]

[/quote]

Bah, just buy the skirt, too - what's the problem? [:P] It's hard to say which I like best - I think the hood wins it for me, too.

[/quote]

sure, i'll buy the skirt. As soon as you find it for me. [:D]

Comment

• explicit
                              • Jan 2007

the first one is absolutely beautiful.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="laika"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

sure, i'll buy the skirt. As soon as you find it for me. [:D]

[/quote]

Be careful what you wish for. It's not the first time I've found something for you, you know. [;)]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎