• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Servo2000
    • Oct 2006

Re: Yes or No?

[quote user="tweedlesinpink"]

a pair of Swear shoes - yes or no?

i've had no experience with the quality of their shoes - although when i took a look at them in-store, they seemed to be pretty rough on the edges.

[/quote]

The quality is thoroughly unimpressive. I have a pair of Swears that I'm looking to get rid of as well, worst purchase I've made so far, especially since they're so goddamn expensive!

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

I agree with servo on this one. I would say the quality is on par with converse and converse shoes can be had for 1/3rd of the price.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• deuxmille
        • Nov 2006

I don't think Swears are worth it either, but they're not that bad quality. One of my friends wears has several pairs and some are quite old but still old up well.

Comment

• sbw4224
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Yea that's where I got the pics from. I figure I usually wear a 32 but if I get the 34 I can wear them around my hip area. Ahhh, the decisions, :)

I hear you about the women's high rise pants, but I don't want to go too far. haha

[/quote]

Casius, I almost always wear a 32, but when I tried on those Cloak pants in a 34 they were just too big for me. The back pockets are really low, and if you wore them around your hips I don't know if you would be happy with the way they looked in the back.

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

[quote user="sbw4224"][quote user="Casius"]Yea that's where I got the pics from. I figure I usually wear a 32 but if I get the 34 I can wear them around my hip area. Ahhh, the decisions, :)

I hear you about the women's high rise pants, but I don't want to go too far. haha

[/quote]

Casius, I almost always wear a 32, but when I tried on those Cloak pants in a 34 they were just too big for me. The back pockets are really low, and if you wore them around your hips I don't know if you would be happy with the way they looked in the back.

[/quote]

Sbw, once again, thank you! They look baggier than most of Cloak's pants so I am going to hold off until I can order a 32. I think I am going to go for them as soon as some stuff I have sells on ebay. Thanks for the input everyone, and I'll be sure to post some pics later on. :)
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

speaking of cloak, does anyone have experience with cloak's knits?

i'm really liking this handknit cardigan, can get it for a decent price, and the quality seemed very good.

should i pull the trigger??????

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• tweeds
                • Sep 2006

thanks for the opinions on the swears, guys! i'll have to watch the price on this one...
                SITE | TWITTER

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

i'm really liking this handknit cardigan, can get it for a decent price, and the quality seemed very good.

[/quote]

Are you getting it at 70% off or something? That frigging thing costs $850. It's a long shot from the FW04 knit I have which is a much more of a stand-out piece (see pic on the bottom - it also has big horn buttons, not seen in the pic), and retailed for $425. Great example of what happened to Cloak's prices. The knit is nice, though - a yay from me.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Tiger
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2006

I'm not sure if I'd be wearing a coat this winter (...so damn warm in nyc)but I found something at Yoox by Raf Simons (AW 05-06) for a good price. $512. what do you guys think?

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="ddohnggo"]

[/quote]

Are you getting it at 70% off or something? That frigging thing costs $850. It's a long shot from the FW04 knit I have which is a much more of a stand-out piece (see pic on the bottom - it also has big horn buttons, not seen in the pic), and retailed for $425. Great example of what happened to Cloak's prices. The knit is nice, though - a yay from me.

[/quote]

yeah, it's around 65% off. the $800+ price tag is definitely out of control. that FW04 is beautiful. i saw it on ebay once, and was close to bidding on it, but decided at the last moment not to.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="tweedlesinpink"]

a pair of Swear shoes - yes or no?

i've had no experience with the quality of their shoes - although when i took a look at them in-store, they seemed to be pretty rough on the edges.

[/quote]

Eh, not really a fan of the swears... when worn with jeans (as I presume you will) they'll be indistinguishable from converses. Save your money and get the converses which would give you the same look and at the same time you wouldn't worry about dirtying them up!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• nairb49
                          • Dec 2006

Well I suppose he'll still get the pointed toe^^

I'm not too much of a fan of swear shoes in general...but they can be pulled off.

Comment

• drexl
                            • Sep 2006

Yea or Nay on this Costume National coat? I love the fabric (a waxed wool/poly/cashmere) and the shawl collar, but not sure about the double breasted-ness. What do you think?

Comment

• xcoldricex
                              • Sep 2006

looks nice to me, even though i'm not a big fan of shawl collars. - what's with the double pockets?

Comment

• drexl
                                • Sep 2006

They're just there I guess...the top diagonal ones aren't exactly practical since they're a bit high, I can't really leave my hands in them unless I wanna look like I'm pretending to be a chicken or something, but the bottom ones are fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎