X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quiet noise
    Banned
    • Dec 2008

What do people actually think of it? is it tasteful or a bit over the top? would it work out to wear it under a black cardigan or something? i dont know really, been watching this for some time and with the current state of the canadian dollar i really should go for it...

Comment

• Wiggles
      • Sep 2008

^I'm personally not a big fan. I feel like it's a little over the top, like you said. Plus I really hate the way the buttons work, that 4 work that way and 2 work on the other side... it just bothers me that they don't all work all the time... but that might just be me.

Comment

• quiet noise
        Banned
        • Dec 2008

Yeah, thought about that too, i dont really like this "two waistcoats in one" idea, but i do kind of like the pattern.

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

Proportions are a tad off imo, and I don't like this "frame in a frame" pattern.

Comment

• Silk
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post

What do people actually think of it? is it tasteful or a bit over the top? would it work out to wear it under a black cardigan or something? i dont know really, been watching this for some time and with the current state of the canadian dollar i really should go for it...
            I think with a piece like this, only you know if you can pull it off. You really have to have the right clothes to go with it and some swagger.I think that all of Ann's stuff is even more beautiful and impressive in person, and I have no doubt that is the case with this vest. Where you live and work, etc may effect your decision to buy something like this. So, if you think you can rock it, go for it

Comment

• jamesd
              • Sep 2008

Has anyone seen/handled this in person? What do people think of it? I like the cut of the KKA jackets this spring and like the idea of the strips on this one but can't really get a great idea of how well the idea is actually executed.

Comment

• sshum88
                • Dec 2007

I agree with one of the other posters in that only you will know if you can pull it off. I also considered this piece, but as much as I like the piece on the rack, I didn't think I could wear it. Or at least not frequently enough to justify the purchase.

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post

Originally posted by eat me
                If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• dji
                  • Feb 2008

thanks guys, consider me enabled .

Comment

• sshum88
                    • Dec 2007

Hi,

would appreciate your comments on the Tim Hamilton Ian Leather Jacket and the Julius Leather being sold by Klangspiel.

====
                    Only in Royal Blue and probably not within the general color scheme of SZ but I like color. I'm not sure if I like the cuff details. I have no way to see this in person here in Toronto.

====
                    Julius: I'm not sure if I like how the collar folds over. It looks good when it is zipped right up.
                    Originally posted by eat me
                    If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• magic
                      • Feb 2009

I will get the Julius. I really dont like the strap details on the Tim
                      Focusing on object details

Comment

• sam_tem
                        • Apr 2007

yeah, that tim hamilton definitely isn't appealing to me in color or design and i don't think it really compares to the julius. the julius looks nice but maybe ask klangspiel to get a picture of it zipped down further with more foldover or something.

Comment

• Yan
                          • Mar 2008

The resale value of the Julius wll be way more as well. Last years Tim Hamilton blue leather bade it onto Gilt for like $800 or maybe less

Comment

• TRSltd
                            • Feb 2009

as to me, i would prefer def-definitely julius.
                            tim's looks not so high-quality (leather, furniture) to me as julius do.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

the straps on the tim hamilton jacket look terrible imo, plus the colour is pretty bad and the fit, well, not that perfect. the retail price is ridicilous and even on sale its overpriced. so as you can guess I'd advice to go with the julius.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• sagaji
                                • Feb 2008

if u r looking for a blue leather jkt. i think undercover done it super well.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎