Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Canaduh0415
    • Feb 2008

i think the idea is cool, but then it has to be a more of a exaggerated aesthetic and i think you could do it as you are on the thin side, thin trousers, LUC tops, as they are shorter anyways...take a leap forward for the taller crowd!
    It has been a very difficult year

Comment

• sshum88
      • Dec 2007

I agree with others about the wide lapels. Given your WAYWT shots, I think a slim lapel would be better unless you want that exaggerated look. Wouldn't you also need to go up a size from what the model is wearing and that might address some of the 'shortness' in the sleeves?

Originally posted by Casius View Post
      Thanks guys! Yea, the arms do look short and I'm guessing the model is anywhere from 5'10" on up and me being 6'3" that might not bode very well.
      Originally posted by eat me
      If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• quiet noise
        Banned
        • Dec 2008

Is it a big concern that this jacket from obscur lacks the leather piece wich is usaly placed under the zipper on this kind of jackets (i think its meant to protect the garments that you wear underneath from getting stuck in the zipper or something?) does it bother you guys on the aestetical level? perhaps it would look slightly better when worn open if this piece was actually there

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

the piece of leather you're referring to is there as a wind protector. it isn't on all leather jackets however it is on most F/W season jackets, and all RO leather jackets. personally I think that most leather jackets look better without one when worn open but it doesn't really bother me either way.

Comment

• sshum88
            • Dec 2007

I wouldn't be concerned if there isn't the extra leather under the zipper. The jacket doesn't look like it is missing a piece to make it complete so the overall aesethetic is fine. The jacket in your pic looks good when worn open.
            Originally posted by eat me
            If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Oct 2008

maybe you could have one added?

Comment

• ironman
                • Apr 2008

yeah i don't think that's a problem. yes if you like it

but i don't think i like the wavy looking zipper to be honest :|

Comment

• quiet noise
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by ironman View Post
                  yeah i don't think that's a problem. yes if you like it

but i don't think i like the wavy looking zipper to be honest :|
                  it looks badass when its closed :). and doesnt all zippers get wavy after a while?

thanks for replies btw!

Comment

• ironman
                    • Apr 2008

i really don't think all zippers get wavy after a while

but if you like it then go for it :)

Comment

• quiet noise
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2008

well, it doesnt bother me too much :) and shouldnt there be something wich can be done to flatten it out a bit? like ironing the leather next to the zippers or something

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

zippers dont get wavy themselves, sometimes when the material its attached to shrinks, the zipper doesn't and becomes "too long" and and wavy because of that. or it could simply be too long to begin with, it can be intentional or not. ironing probably wont help much, you'd need to stretch the leather for the zipper to sit straight.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• quiet noise
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2008

Mike, what are you? some kind of bottomless well of fashion-oriented knowledge? but i suppose it will get better with wear then since the guy who wore it before me was to small to stretch this one out. Not that it really bothers me, but i was kind of concerned that it would get even more curly with wear

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

I'm someone who has washed a zippered garment and ended up with curly fries

I've noticed it when sewing though, if the fabric is stretchy and its pulled a bit when you sew the zipper on, it will create the same effect.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• morsto
                              • Nov 2008

quiet noise, is there an actual obscur retailer you're buying from? (sort of off-topic question, I apologize)
                              I do not recognise the vessel,
                              but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• quiet noise
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2008

bought it on sufu, been searching for months but now i finally found someone willing to sell it for a reasonable price :)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎