• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kbi
    • Feb 2009

Rick owens vs. Odyn Vovk

OR

I find this a really difficult one. I really like the leather on the odyn jacket and the idea of the pockets but not sure about the length (bit short?) and the slightly crooked zip up.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

that particular material on the rick jacket is pretty bad imo, the cut is nice and classic though. I like the OV one as well.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• gt2-josh
        • Sep 2008

I'm with A! Definately check out the Rick jacket before you kop. The leather treatment is "unusual". Barney's SF bought a ton of pieces in that material. They also have the high color in a great grey color that I haven't seen before. Super nice. And their prices, btw, are otherworldly high!! WTF?!?!

Josh

Comment

• kbi
          • Feb 2009

yeah I was kinda thinking along the same lines. The RO jacket would he just my thing if it wasn't for the material. Still gotta check out measurements on the OV jacket.

Comment

• sshum88
            • Dec 2007

I like the style of the OV jacket but not sure how the quality matches up. It seems that the leathers used for the RO spring collection do not match the high qualities of past seasons. I've looked at the RO ones over at pollyanna due to the attractive pricing but hesitant due to the comments about the quality of the leather.
            Originally posted by eat me
            If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• sshum88
              • Dec 2007

Thanks guys for all the comments. The julius sold and the TH is out of the picture. Search will continue.

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
              the straps on the tim hamilton jacket look terrible imo, plus the colour is pretty bad and the fit, well, not that perfect. the retail price is ridicilous and even on sale its overpriced. so as you can guess I'd advice to go with the julius.
              If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• kbi
                • Feb 2009

It seems that the leathers used for the RO spring collection do not match the high qualities of past seasons. I've looked at the RO ones over at pollyanna due to the attractive pricing but hesitant due to the comments about the quality of the leather.
                Exactly that was what I was thinkin when I saw the jacket. I owned the RO high-neck and the leather was amazing but seeing this pic doesn't really remind me of any kind of leather used before.. doesn't look as high-quality. It's more like they're keeping the price high and lowering quality which I would find very very sad for RO since he always had a reputation of really good-quality italian leather.

However Sizing on OV-jacket is also something that's really a big question-mark to me.

Comment

• sshum88
                  • Dec 2007

I think you will need to find/try one size up from your normal depending on how you like to wear your jackets. As a winter/spring jacket, I need to be able to put on 1 or 2 additional layers. I found that the OV leather jacket is cut so slim that I would have to go up to a large in order for me to wear like a hoodie underneath.

Comment

• Spencer
                    • Feb 2007

Look legit to me. Haven't seen any Rick boots that look remotely fake, only shooz.

Comment

• Wiggles
                      • Sep 2008

Y/N???

Comment

• sshum88
                        • Dec 2007

Hard to tell based on the pics as to where these sit on you relative to your waist and whether these are meant to be a casual or dressier type of pant?

Comment

• ironman
                          • Apr 2008

i think it's safe to assume it's meant to be casual judging by the belt on the side

i'd say sure if the price is right, though i can't recall what your style is (or perhaps you have not posted waywt i dunno)

Comment

• cabl3
                            • Dec 2008

or

I originally wanted the tortoise ones but I think the color will clash with the fact that I mainly wear black/white/grey...any input on this?

or no all together? lol
                            "If you want to tell the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
                            - Wilde

Comment

• sshum88
                              • Dec 2007

Would this be your only pair of sunglasses? The tortoise shells are very interesting but standard black frames are great if you have nothing else.
                              Last edited by sshum88; 03-17-2009, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• cabl3
                                • Dec 2008

thanks, yea it seems like i'll be picking those.
                                and no I also have some black glasses, so no they wouldnt be the only ones I'd have...though I would wear them a lot more on account of their awesomeness...lol
                                "If you want to tell the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
                                - Wilde

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎