Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

quiet noise I don't think any amount of wear will change the fact that the zipper is intentionally wavy like that, as it is a washed/processed leather. btw I think that jacket is great, still a bit bummed that I missed it way back when les was selling it.

Comment

• quiet noise
      Banned
      • Dec 2008

yeah it definitley is a great jacket, cant wait to get it! but i do hope that the sleeves will fit slightly tighter on me than on the guy at the picture i posted :)

Comment

• sshum88
        • Dec 2007

You could always try washing it yourself if you don't like the way it is sitting zipped and then straighten it as best as you can when it is drying on a hanger.
        Originally posted by eat me
        If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• quiet noise
          Banned
          • Dec 2008

by washing, i suppose you mean handwash in cold water? open or closed? thanks for all reples anyways :)

Comment

• sshum88
            • Dec 2007

You can put it in a washing machine. Just zip up everything that can be zipped up. These are all tips from a friend of mine who works in the film industry who does 'break down'.

I would really try wearing it a bit first before doing anything to it. Try layering it up if it is not a snug fit on you. If it is just the zippered section, then the fabric on which is part of the zipper has likely shrunk. It may be easier to put in a nice Riri zipper if the rest of the jacket is fine. Hard to tell from the one pic where it is worn open. Do you have a pic where the jacket is zippered up?

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
            by washing, i suppose you mean handwash in cold water? open or closed? thanks for all reples anyways :)
            If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• quiet noise
              Banned
              • Dec 2008

dont ave any other pictures since i havent recieved it yet. Well, my only real concern is if the arms wont fit as snug and slim as i would like them to do. Woud you in that case recommend washing? if te rest of the jacket is fine, i thought i might try to put the jacket on a chair or something and place it in a half-filled bathtub so that only the arms are dripped in the water, and let it lay for a half an hour or something. The point would be to avoind shrinking the torso part to much, since i suppose it could add to the zippers curviness.

Comment

• sshum88
                • Dec 2007

If you just want to shrink the arms, then I wouldn't recommend putting the jacket in the washing machine. You could try the method that you outlined. Is your jacket lined all the way through and if it is, is it separate pieces on the arms vs the rest of the body? The lining may end up stretching funny relative to the body.

Comment

• Monty76
                  • Sep 2006

Cant decide...

GUIDI ANKLE LACE-UPS from Archive

Those or i keep on hunting for a pair of Black Ankle Boots from Paul Harnden

Comment

• sshum88
                    • Dec 2007

I like those Guidis and I think they are a little easier to find than PH.

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

I like those Guidi's a lot more.

But then again I've never been a huge fan of PH's footwear...
                      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• JetLag
                        • Jul 2008

100% Guidi
                        Originally posted by danman
                        If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• Monty76
                          • Sep 2006

Thanks for all your input...

They are definitly a lot cheaper than the Harnden's would be at retail... so maybe i will go with the guidi's

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

the guidis are really nice
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kbi
                              • Feb 2009

think so too.. 100 % guidi

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I like those, Monty!
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎