• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Re: Yes or No?

[quote user="laika"]

Junya jacket? I'm waiting for it to get marked down more time....it's $370 now.

I would wear it with black.

[/quote]

Very interesting piece and I happen to love the styling Junya used, in fact I think it was the pic I remembered the most from his show. Definitely an excellent buy but I must say I'd see it as something than can be paired with more than black (everything can be paired with black...).

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

/\ and, BTW, Laika - should you wish to style it like that, you can borrow these leg warmers from Mrs. Faust :-)

P.S. Fuuma, I can't get enough of your sig.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

/\ and, BTW, Laika - should you wish to style it like that, you can borrow these leg warmers from Mrs. Faust :-)

[/quote]

All thanks to your interest in the finer points of innovative american fashion design. BTW I think that woman wasn't even kidding [:'(]

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"][quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]

All thanks to your interest in the finer points of innovative american fashion design. BTW I think that woman wasn't even kidding [:'(]

[/quote]

I'm positive she wasn't. I mean, who kids about the meaning of life?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
            • Sep 2006

First jacket is better by far. The second one is quite unflattering in paerson because of the gore tex lining - it actually doesn't really work in my view (since a chanel jacket should be drapey and figure hugging). First one is loovly though.

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="laika"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="laika"]

Thanks dears! This is the other one that Yoox has in my size. I do like the fact that it's black and white, but I'm concerned it might look too Chanel-ish without the accompanying skirt. And I love the hood on the other jacket...

Thoughts? This one is cheaper ($250)

[/quote]

Bah, just buy the skirt, too - what's the problem? [:P] It's hard to say which I like best - I think the hood wins it for me, too.

[/quote]

sure, i'll buy the skirt. As soon as you find it for me. [:D]

[/quote]

Be careful what you wish for. It's not the first time I've found something for you, you know. [;)]

[/quote]

Who's wishing? [^o)] I am counting on you!

Thanks so much for all the feedback, guys. Since I remembered I have some ebay money, and since it's my birthday on Sunday, I went ahead and ordered the first one.

Fuuma, I'd be curious to hear your styling ideas--I'm a bit intimidated by brown and tend to only pair it with black. And I love the brown and black on the blond model.

Faust, how does Mrs. Faust wear those legwarmers? I have a pair of Ann's wool leggings, which are very similiar, but much longer. Was thinking those might work...

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

[/quote]

All right, you are on!

[quote user="laika"]

Faust, how does Mrs. Faust wear those legwarmers? I have a pair of
                Ann's wool leggings, which are very similiar, but much longer. Was
                thinking those might work...

[/quote]

... as arm-warmers, of course [;)] She wears them both ways, actually - they are incredibly skinny, but incredibly stretchy. She usually just pulls them other her boots. It's cute.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                  • Sep 2006

i have this unexplainable attraction to these helmut lang sailor pants. i'm not usually big on the nautical thing but these do it for me for some reason? are these too hard to pull off in for spring/summer?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

do it! have wanted a pair myself for ages.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

coldrice, I love them, and I think they will really suit you. [Y]
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• macuser3of5
                        • Sep 2006

Get them; if they were a 31 I would have already purchased them [:)] Without the ropes and such from the runway, they don't really look nautical at all, just kind of odd/unique. Very Cloak-ish.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

those pants are really nice. i would say get them, depending on how shiny those buttons are though.
                          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="laika"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="laika"]

Thanks dears! This is the other one that Yoox has in my size. I do like the fact that it's black and white, but I'm concerned it might look too Chanel-ish without the accompanying skirt. And I love the hood on the other jacket...

Thoughts? This one is cheaper ($250)

[/quote]

Bah, just buy the skirt, too - what's the problem? [:P] It's hard to say which I like best - I think the hood wins it for me, too.

[/quote]

sure, i'll buy the skirt. As soon as you find it for me. [:D]

[/quote]

Be careful what you wish for. It's not the first time I've found something for you, you know. [;)]

[/quote]

Thanks so much for all the feedback, guys. Since I remembered I have some ebay money, and since it's my birthday on Sunday, I went ahead and ordered the first one.

Fuuma, I'd be curious to hear your styling ideas--I'm a bit intimidated by brown and tend to only pair it with black. And I love the brown and black on the blond model.

Faust, how does Mrs. Faust wear those legwarmers? I have a pair of Ann's wool leggings, which are very similiar, but much longer. Was thinking those might work...

[/quote]

It depends on your hair/eye/skin colour but I think this shade of brown might look quite good with apple green, white or even lavender. Black isn?t a bad idea at all, but it never is unless you believe the boring ?no black with brown or navy? rule that I try to break every time I adorn myself with one of those two colours.

By the way I was reading your signature; thinking it must have been written by a surrealist, and found those were Maurice Blanchard?s words. This tortured poet could have written this Abou-ala Al-Maari (who died in 1057) citation I recently had the pleasure to read:

Le destin nous démolit comme si nous étions de verre,

Et nos débris ne se ressoudent plus jamais.

My (crappy) translation:

Destiny demolishes us as if we were (made) of glass,

And our fragments are never again resoldered

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

i have this unexplainable attraction to these helmut lang sailor pants. i'm not usually big on the nautical thing but these do it for me for some reason? are these too hard to pull off in for spring/summer?

[/quote]

Those are dark, relaxed, summery pants in a light fabric, why wouldn't you be able to pull them off. If you like them, have a place for them in your wardrobe, go for it.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                                • Sep 2006

i guess my initial write off of nautical themed things when its over done. i guess i actually do like nautical things though - i really like the 45rpm aesthetic (kind of a fishermanish thing going on). anyway i got them- struck a deal with the seller :)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎