• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Yes or No?

[quote user="Johnny"]

This Ann Dem jacket. Anyone seen it in person?

http://www.brownsfashion.com/BrownsF...ster/79295.htm

[/quote]

I say Yes because of the fabric, same fabric and color as my blazer. BUT, it is NOT warm. It'll be good for spring.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Johnny, definitely yes. It's not very typical Ann, is it? The color and the hood make it more cute. I really like it.
      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

I say go for it, I've got basically the same jacket in black velvet and I love it.
        music

Comment

• Jorge Hache
          • Sep 2006

I got the same jacket as casem (thanx to a casem photo in waywt btw) and it`s beautiful, the hood is detachable and the details are amazing (i`ve got it in black but the brown seems great too)

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

i'll have to agree with everyone that the demeulemeester jacket is very cool. i have pants in the same fabric composition and it's amazing!
            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

Not sure where to put this but it's kinda yes/no.

I had decided to go get a Thom Brown oxford because they're relatively reasonably priced and I thought it'd be great for warmer weatherplus oxford cloth is nicebecause I don't have to worry about messing it up.

So I tried one one at Barney's, the body fit beautifully, just perfect. Problem is, the front and back is quite long and flaresa bitso it doesn't look good untucked which is how I want to wear it. I remember someone on here saying they have one, are they all this long? Do you have the same problem or do you always tuck it in? I tried tucking, but it starts to flair slightly higher than my pants so there is undesireable extra fabric where it's tucked in. It seems like he really wants you to tuck it in to high pants to make it work. I would just forget about it, but it looked so nice from the waist up. Do you guys think it's worth altering, like having the botton chopped off?

music

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

/\ yea, that's why I don't like buttonups and avoid them whenever I can. I always try buying ones with a flat or nearly flat hem.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nairb49
                  • Dec 2006

I use to do that with alot of polos (when I used to wear polos) that had that same problem Casem, and it worked out fine.

Granted, the material is different, but I dont'see why you would have a problem straightening out the hem.

Comment

• sbw4224
                    • Sep 2006

I am normally sure if a certain item works for me, but I'm lost with when it comes to wider cut pants. What do you guys think of the fit of these pants? They are a straight wide cut, with a single pleat. They are also made of a thick cotton which gives the pant some rigidity and structure. Should I leave it how it is, or should I taper them a bit? I didn't include the bottom of the pant because I haven't had them hemmed yet, but the leg opening is the same width as the rest of the pant (making it look slightly bootcut when its resting on a shoe). I would love them to look like Buckwheat's pants, if possible...

Comment

• Buckwheat
                      • Sep 2006

I think they look fine sbw. I wouldn't taper them (unless they are like bell bottom kind of flare) I think they will go well with sneakers. And they look really comfy too....especially they are made with thick cotton. That's a plus for me. I would keep them.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I like them, sbw. Besides, the fact that they are black will not make them look too wide anyway, they will blend in with the rest of the look well.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                          • Sep 2006

Like them too, they look great with that outfit, a yes from me

Comment

• pbt
                            • Jan 2007

My local Ann D stockist has (as of last week anyway) this Ann D jacket in black wool, size L. It's really nice, and seems like a pretty warm jacket. At 30% off it's around US 450.00. If you'd like more details, PM me. The store ships, I'm quite sure. Probably would fudge customs declaration as well.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="sbw4224"]

I am normally sure if a certain item works for me, but I'm lost with when it comes to wider cut pants. What do you guys think of the fit of these pants? They are a straight wide cut, with a single pleat. They are also made of a thick cotton which gives the pant some rigidity and structure. Should I leave it how it is, or should I taper them a bit? I didn't include the bottom of the pant because I haven't had them hemmed yet, but the leg opening is the same width as the rest of the pant (making it look slightly bootcut when its resting on a shoe). I would love them to look like Buckwheat's pants, if possible...

[/quote]

The legs look fine to me as straight leg. Especially with the structure they'll look nice. A bit of a change from the slim cut pants you know? I'm sure you already have a pair (if not more) of some black slim leg pants so these would be a nice complement to the rest of your wardrobe!

btw, who makes that shirt? It fits nice and the color is a nice shade!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• xcoldricex
                                • Sep 2006

leave as is. don't taper, it'd ruin the pants.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎