Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ProfMonnitoff
    • Jan 2007

I also kind of like this Patrick Stephan bag but it has already sold out at the only non-japanese place that carries it, and it looks like the strap isn't long enough to wear it messenger style.

The main Collateral bag on sartorialoft isn't really my thing, and I couldn't find more about the bag on the right in this picture. Is it also by Collateral? Couldn't find anything about it in their thread either.

Originally posted by jogu
    i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• calv
      • May 2009

the bag on the right is also collateral..

Comment

• DRRRK
        • Aug 2009

Take Zamb's Polis bag. I've handled it and it's beautiful and big enough for your laptop. If not, you could always go for a custom made a little bigger but the design and the pockets on the bag leave nothing to be desired.

Comment

• swami
          • Jul 2008

CCP SS/08 Scarred Cordovan VS CCP SS/10 Tornado Boots

* Love the scarring vs * Like the softer leather
          * Dark grayish black vs * Deep Black
          * dislike the thick shaft vs * Love slimmer shaft
          * Like $ 600.00 cheaper vs * Dislike $ 600.00 more

************* VS ************

Comment

• thaiison
            • Dec 2009

i would look at the situation as an investment and to me it sound like you prefer the tonados over the scarred ones. yeah they are $600 more, i can't afford a pair of ccp's but if I had i would put the money on those i really liked and in the longer run be more satisfied.

Comment

• swami
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by thaiison View Post
              i would look at the situation as an investment and to me it sound like you prefer the tonados over the scarred ones. yeah they are $600 more, i can't afford a pair of ccp's but if I had i would put the money on those i really liked and in the longer run be more satisfied.
              + 1 for you , Thanks!

Anyone else care to chime in???

Comment

• DRRRK
                • Aug 2009

Definitely the Tornados. The spiral zip makes the shape more special. The slimmer shaft with softer leather would already convince me and I'd like to destroy the boots myself. Depends on your wallet of course.

Comment

• MoFiya
                  • Sep 2007

Well I would get the first one.
                  The colour is very dark and decent, adds a nice and different shade to a black and other coloured silhouette.
                  Plus, as already mentioned, the scarring is super cool. I also really like the seams on this one.
                  To me, the first one is a decent shoe with yet many many details which I really like.

Compared to the second pair, I personally would prefer Guidi backzips (now start flaming me..)
                  I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                  But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• ironman
                    • Apr 2008

disliking the larger shaft is a big issue in my opinion. also to help you decide, how do you feel about the spiral zip compared to standard side zip?

Comment

• swami
                      • Jul 2008

DRRRK Agreed the slimmer shaft is really a big point for me and like the idea of trashing them myself
                      MOFiya I already own a pair of reverse backzip GUIDI and while I love them the silhouette & look is totally different to CCP .
                      IRON Am a big fan of the spiral zip actually

Looks like we have a winner , Thanks guys!

Comment

• fenrost
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2009

i would like to add, spiral zips.. but they can be quite hard to zip, and takes time to wear. look special nevertheless.

Comment

• snafu
                          • Apr 2008

honestly right now, iv seen both after long period of wear and the first pair is my winner.

If you have a fair height the wider shaft actually looks good, when pulled off correctly its stunning les did it oh so well. They are wider to the side but still have quiet a narrow profile to the front; very interesting actually.
                          The first pair honestly are a more interesting leather and certainly rarer, and the colour is a stand out, it will work with pretty much anything. Black does also but really the grey i would say is more versatile, it will look beautiful as a subtle contrast when wearing mostly black, lift any outfit from becoming too dark.

Personally i think the first pair is of carols better work plus you get that metal thing to carry your keys on ;)

But really what does your collection need, do you need a tight black boot, in that case pay that bit extra you will get they wear out of them. My carpe side zips are my super tight black boot and i live in them, look at what you own and what you already wear see what you find constantly putting on and that should help you.

Really you should have a gut feeling and go for it.

Comment

• fenrost
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2009

^ agree.

fill whats missing in the wardrobe.

love all the shades of colors ccp does. randomness.

there's always next time for black boots anyway..
                            Last edited by fenrost; 02-17-2010, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Dropt
                              • May 2009

^same as these ones.

I don't mind some opinions.

Comment

• Who?
                                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
                                I also kind of like this Patrick Stephan bag but it has already sold out at the only non-japanese place that carries it, and it looks like the strap isn't long enough to wear it messenger style.

The main Collateral bag on sartorialoft isn't really my thing, and I couldn't find more about the bag on the right in this picture. Is it also by Collateral? Couldn't find anything about it in their thread either.

Prof- I own the Collateral bag on the right and have used it nearly everyday for over a year. It has held up great, I carry a 12" laptop but I am pretty sure a 15" will fit in the bag. I'll post another progress report later but here are some first impressions:

WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎