• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mononon
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dropt View Post

^same as these ones.

I don't mind some opinions.
    these cloak boots are a classic. i own these and the suede and leather ones, but the suede and leather ones are a bit too tight for me now. imo, the leather version is far superior. sorry if this is a plug, but i am selling the suede leather version right now in classifieds if u are interested.
    calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Dropt View Post
      ^same as these ones.

I don't mind some opinions.
      NO imo...they look pretty ugly...

Comment

• asho
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
        NO imo...they look pretty ugly...
        agreed, I always hated these boots

Comment

• Raw
          • Oct 2009

swami, I say the tornado boots, gotta agree with everything DRRRK said. For me spiral zip > back zip > side zip.

Comment

• Castor
            • Nov 2009

The Cloak boots remind me of Prince.
            Originally posted by DRRRK
            The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• swami
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Raw View Post
              swami, I say the tornado boots, gotta agree with everything DRRRK said. For me spiral zip > back zip > side zip.
              Thanks for all the input guys , Tornado wins by TKO

Comment

• Dropt
                • May 2009

Thanks.

I'll pass on those.

Comment

• coccodrillo
                  • Nov 2009

Guidi high back zips vs AnnD motorcycle boots

Help me decide:

Guidi high back zips or the AnnD motorcycle boots

the difference in cost is minimal - any info on the AnnD's irl is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

hard call - both are amazing. they are different boots though, Ann's are supersoft goatskin, if i remember correctly - awesome for slouching, but not as warm as guidis. I say ball and get both!
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• coccodrillo
                      • Nov 2009

Faust - you naughty man- - getting both= hubby.

I agree that there is warmth to the Guidi's and should I get them they would be a special order in donkey or calf in a dark grey or black.

Do you remember if the AnnD's were very supple?

Comment

• sam_tem
                        • Apr 2007

i have a pair of those ann d motorcycle boots from the old season. i've only worn them a few times since they're kind of big on me (someone hit me up if you have big feet and might be interested in them), but the upper leather on the older ones is thin and definitely very supple in that it's really just the straps that hold the leather up.

edit: here's a recent auction for a pair that has some fit pics

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

/\ was thinking to bid on those, but was priced out at the end (and they would probably be a tad small anyway). my only hope is collection blanche!

coco, have not seen these particular, but the ones from a year ago, which interest1 has (and which one day i will steal from her) were very supple. i like that, because you could bunch them down if you wanted.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

coccodrillo– I have essentially that same Ann boot and yeah, the leather is incredibly supple. So supple that the boot actually doesn't keep its shape on the leg. It's meant to slouch, so you'll have to fasten those buckles tourniquet-tight if you want them to remain high on the leg. And to be honest with you, even then they start slipping downward if you do any amount of walking.
                            I have issues with my left boot, which seems to always head south first. Might just be a fluke, dunno.

I own 2 pairs of Guidi's, one of which is back-zip. Love them to DEATH. These will be your every day boots. They'll be sturdy whether you go for calf or donkey (donkey is thicker, and I personally love the texture more than calf). I love all my Ann, but I'd put my money toward Guidi, hands-down.

If I might offer a suggestion: go with black. I love grey, but a lighter-colored shoe tends to visually shorten people. Unless you're over 5'9''. Then disregard.

sain't

Comment

• interest1
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              /\ was thinking to bid on those, but was priced out at the end (and they would probably be a tad small anyway). my only hope is collection blanche!

coco, have not seen these particular, but the ones from a year ago, which interest1 has (and which one day i will steal from her) were very supple. i like that, because you could bunch them down if you wanted.
                              I had no idea you were writing this as I was sitting here crafting my 2 cents-worth on the boot debate. Was wondering why my ears were starting to burn..
                              sain't

Comment

• coccodrillo
                                • Nov 2009

Interest1 - I'm 5'11" - and am debating between the black and a dark grey...

I recently purchased these in dark brown kangaroo and I love them.

You read my mind as far as wanting something that is perfect for everyday goes!

What do you think rich grey donkey or black?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎