X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I think you'll get sick of it fast, scott.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

I saw a similar iteration at if yesterday and dint really like them at all...............too "busy" i THINK
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Servo2000
        • Oct 2006

I feel like it's a step in the wrong direction Scott I haven't seen your whole wardrobe obviously but I think the Junya / Undercover thing you've got going on is working super well for you. I feel like there's got to be another dope Undercover piece out there that would work better for you than that thing.
        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• scott.m
          • Mar 2009

Thanks guys, yeah thats what I'm worrying about, there is alot of room left for junya and undercover pieces but I just don't know what to cop and where. Maybe I should just buy some Visvim boots?

Comment

• MoFiya
            • Sep 2007

Damir Doma Jacket... does anybody own this piece and can share some thoughts? Other oppinions appreciated as well, of course.
            I have dreams of orca whales and owls
            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

I don't own that DD jacket, but it looks great!

So, I actually already returned this but now I'm having second thoughts. It's cut really huge, especially in the upper body (big kimono sleeves) but it is called kimono coat so it's intentional. It doesn't look as big in this pic because it's belted and closed, it looks really huge open. I'm trying to decide if a smaller size would work or if this style is just not for me. Any thoughts?
              Photobucket
              music

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

it does look very bulky. hard to say if a smaller size would work without seeing, but it might just be a challenging cut.

not a fan of the lapels on the Doma jacket, he has made many nicer blazers.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• jogu
                  • Jun 2009

that looks like siki im's coat am i rite ? the shoulders fit well on u , sleeves look fine to me for that style . wat did it look like untied tho ? i think it looks better when its not tied around the waist .

i woulda kept it mang , i love shiny materials like that tho .
                  Last edited by jogu; 05-13-2010, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• MoFiya
                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                    not a fan of the lapels on the Doma jacket, he has made many nicer blazers.
                    Yeah I am concerned about the lapels as well... Just realized that the one pictured on runway is different, too.
                    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Chant
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2008

^ Mofiya : I checked again now with these big pictures, and what I said via MP is wrong. The jacket is not FW 08 but SS 08. The runway pic isn't the proper one (check the lapels, which are different).

Comment

• thomcat
                        • May 2009

hey mofiya, i think it looks great, but if you are not getting it, and if its a size 44, would you mind telling me where one can find it, its not for me though a friend of mine is looking for it. cheers!

Comment

• MoFiya
                          • Sep 2007

Yeah I noticed that, too (see my previous message).
                          Thanks for rechecking and more than that, the fit pic!! The jacket looks to have the perfect fit and all untill it comes up to the lapels, unfortunately :(
                          Guess I'm passing on it. Ain't the best time for an expensive purchase anyway these days with the week Euro..
                          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• messenoire
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by sargon97 View Post
                            I would love to have both but I can't and now I can't decide. If it matters I intend to scuff up the canvas. These would be everyday boots as well...

or

my vote goes to the first pair. the 2nd pair, in my opinion, is a very traditional boot and should be made in leather.

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

Yep, Siki Im. I don't wear much oversized/drapey clothing so I think it's just a matter of fitting into my wardrobe. I think something like this would look great on Christian or others who do drapery well. I guess I'm trying to figure out if sizing down can make it work for my wardrobe or if it will just be awkward going against what was intended for the garment...

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                              that looks like siki im's coat am i rite ? the shoulders fit well on u , sleeves look fine to me for that style . wat did it look like untied tho ? i think it looks better when its not tied around the waist .

i woulda kept it mang , i love shiny materials like that tho .
                              music

Comment

• huckleberry
                                • Jul 2009

Casem, I think you personally look alot better in more fitted clothing from what I have seen. Your ervell fits are always nice, and I believe you own my desired jil sander knit which looked great on you. As you said yourself that piece would suit someone like christian perfectly but I cant imagine it flowing well with your usual aesthetic.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎