Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endersgame
    • Aug 2009

size L or M. i think lowery mentioned the fits suck for rick leather on larger dudes. they tend to be narrow on the shoulders and wide on the pit for me..

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

I wouldn't say the fits suck, but they are occasionally a bit off, at least for me. I have two leathers in L (one from FW09, one from SS10) and both are good otherwise but slightly wide in the mid-upper back. a smaller size would be too tight in the chest and shoulders, and I don't have a particularly narrow back either. oh well, I had my mollino tailored a bit and it fits good now
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• endersgame
        • Aug 2009

i'd also like to add that rick leather jacket arms are really baggy for no apparent reason..

here's an illustrated example with my own fit pics. the geo neck is probably one of the worst offenders. good shoulders, bad everything else. i have a mollino that fits better, but still not a keeper for me..

and a julius that i never bought, but fits perfect, lol..

Comment

• theaddict
          • Apr 2008

A good tailor can make every jacket fit...literally. I also had slight modifications on my GEO, it's perfect now...
          Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• eton97
            • Dec 2008

Maybe there is a real difference bewteen different specific jackets and seasons...I have a medium rick geo neck from ss10 and i have to say:
            1) the leather (calf) is of a very nice quality, matt rather than shiny, and feels very thick/durable. I have no fear of an rips unless i really catch it on something...but then anything would rip in those circumstances
            2) the sleeves are actually very slim fitting with a nice small and tight arm hole......similar to a poell jacket..
            3) the body works in very nice proportion to the rest of the jacket - any smaller and I would have trouble zipping it up and I am a slim size 48...
            you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• endersgame
              • Aug 2009

^^ you and i bought the same jacket. i think you probably have more upper body muscles and i'm out of shape..

Comment

• theaddict
                • Apr 2008

whats the verdict on this MA jacket? Not sure if i should cop. did anyone see other colours or without the inner wool stripes?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ why not ask the guy in the picture?

personally, i did not like it at all. awkward pockets, awkward lapels, awkward sleeves. another example of grandma's new clothes.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
                    • Apr 2008

Haha E, yeah the guy in the pic should know...;)

the prob is that he is totally unsure..so he needs more input...;)
                    this is really no subtle marketing thingy!
                    Last edited by theaddict; 07-19-2010, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• BSR
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post

personally, i did not like it at all. awkward pockets, awkward lapels, awkward sleeves. another example of grandma's new clothes.
                      agree with you on this one, Faust.
                      it's really unflattering, awkward, looks like a total failure...
                      his simple anatomical jackets are so much better than this complicated design.

but grandma FW10 has also his share of hits,
                      and his hits are possibily the best i've seen so far for fall winter
                      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• neonrider
                        • Jan 2008

yes, agreed with faust and bsr on this one. i can see where he's trying to go, but it's a bit complicated, the lines conflict awkwardly for me, i think a slightly darker color would work better. fwiw.
                        ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• nakata
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2009

S-A, try to find this one. it looks much nicer than the one which the dude's wearing in that pic to me. i sold my grey/green m.a+ leather shirt for this (was in-stock in size 44 & 46). i didn't regret doing that at all:

Comment

• BSR
                            • Aug 2008

yep, maybe this last one is better
                            but i don't get this construction
                            reminds me of the geiger alien's double mouth
                            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• nictan
                              • Jul 2009

Thinking about a pair of guidi boots.

994 or 995?

Comment

• RADO
                                • Nov 2007

[QUOTE=nictan;251199]Thinking about a pair of guidi boots.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎