Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kirkmitchell
    • Apr 2009

Does anyone own the Wings + Horns leather service boots? I'm looking at a pair in brown, my size, but haven't tried them on yet. Any comments on the construction, durability, etc?

If it's a definite no to the boots, any suggestions for something in a similar (or cheaper) price range? They are around $700. This is my first designer purchase and I want to make sure it'll last.

Comment

• tricotineacetat
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by kirkmitchell View Post
      Does anyone own the Wings + Horns leather service boots? I'm looking at a pair in brown, my size, but haven't tried them on yet. Any comments on the construction, durability, etc?

If it's a definite no to the boots, any suggestions for something in a similar (or cheaper) price range? They are around $700. This is my first designer purchase and I want to make sure it'll last.
      Those look classic to me, pretty much a shoe last and style that would transcend any silhouette, depending of course on how well they last with continuous wear (to be honest, I have no idea how the quality is like as I've never heard of the brand to start with...). As for the leather quality - make sure to buy something that is not too distressed and too thin/soft from the moment you buy your shoes. A nice pair of boots usually demands to be broken in from wearing and it pays of with a nicer ageing process.

One thing I'd definitely exchange would be the shoe laces - I've had a few pairs with leather laces and they'd either rip or twist in an unpleasant way!

Comment

• eton97
        • Dec 2008

I'd hold out and see if any really nice second hand guidi's or similar come up in the classified section of the forum. I have no experience of wing + horns, but a good and well kept pair of second hand guidi, poell or augusta which you might be able to pick up for $700ish will make you walk with a spring in your step (as long as they are broken in nicely

you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• eckblk
          • Mar 2010

I've had both colorways. The boots are actually made by Dayton Boot Co for W+H. Construction is super-solid and the boots will last for a last time. The boots were a little too rugged for me, personally. Not enough Ninja going on. Toebox is much more pointed than pics show.

Comment

• comex9
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by JoniF
            Nay to the tank top. A graphic on a tank top, especially a graphic of religious connotation, is a no-no for me.
            Did hell just freeze, cuz i think we agree on something!!!

Comment

• comex9
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
              I'd hold out and see if any really nice second hand guidi's or similar come up in the classified section of the forum. I have no experience of wing + horns, but a good and well kept pair of second hand guidi, poell or augusta which you might be able to pick up for $700ish will make you walk with a spring in your step (as long as they are broken in nicely
              you're dreaming if you think you can get poell or augusta for that price

Comment

• endersgame
                • Aug 2009

those service boots suck ass. they feel terrible and they look totally different from the wearer's perspective. the oversizing just adds to the frustration...

you can do much better with a $700 budget...

Comment

• stretcheroo
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by kbi View Post
                  Do augusta derbies work with slim (not tight but slim) jeans?
                  I wear mine with Dior jeans and get a ton of complements. Maybe more so than any other shoes/boots I wear (which always surprises me).

Comment

• eton97
                    • Dec 2008

700 'ish' actually meant $1000+ ......but valid comment.......point being I'd still save up and spend the $ on something really special.

Originally posted by comex9 View Post
                    you're dreaming if you think you can get poell or augusta for that price
                    you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• mononon
                      • Sep 2009

1000 for wings and horns is outrageous. i never like those at all, maybe i just have a dislike towards anything borderline 'workwear'
                      calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Avantster
                        ¤¤¤
                        • Sep 2006

If it's your very first designer purchase I'd suggest you at least try them on before spending that much. Fit and comfort for shoes are paramount, and at this price range you have plenty of options.

Buttero's can be had for around $450 at retail and if you're after something with more classic last, look into Aldens (click) and Trickers.

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                        No.

Guidi, Poell and Augusta make great footwear but they are not simple substitutes for brown workwear boots with a classic last.
                        let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• misuse_me
                          • Aug 2008

RICK OWENS LEATHER ANFIBIO BOOT

Are these RO boot the same pair? Anyone had any idea why the pricing has such a huge difference in oki ni and Luisaviaroma?

I LIVE THROUGH OBJECTS.

Comment

• beardown
                            rekoner
                            • Feb 2009

I'm not seeing a huge price difference.

The Oki-Ni version is around $1300 USD
                            The LVR price listed for the US is $1479 USD shipped.

The LVR price includes shipping and customs' fees, which can be outrageous, depending on where they're shipped to.

I don't know what shipping fees are at Oki-Ni but between shipping and customs/taxes, I'd say they'll be close to a similar price.
                            But $150 retail difference between Rick's footwear isn't too odd really. Just a matter of margins and demand.
                            Originally posted by mizzar
                            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• xeraphim
                              • Nov 2008

love the color, but i'm not sure if it's going to work with a dark wardrobe... same bag, but in dark grey a better (safer) choice?

Comment

• DamageX
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Eternal
                                Anyone tried the Wool gauze and poplin skirtdrops from this season? I did not have the opportunity to try this on yet in this fabric. Yes or no?

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.as...seasProdID=52I
                                I purchased those recently and find them to be very comfortable and light, however unlike the gauze wool from Crust (which was heavier) it doesn't drape as nicely. But the difference is minute.

I would say yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎