Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheNotoriousT
    • Oct 2009

Want to buy a new bag and have been eyeing and wanting a guidi bag for quite some time now.
    Still on the fence if I should go for the classic medium or the classic large bag.
    For my daily needs the medium should be perfect and definetely large enough, also when worn in hand it should be perfect too. Just a little scarred it might look akward when worn like a satchel over the shoulder, I guess over the shoulder I prefer the look of the larger bag.
    Any thoughts from owners or experts in general? :-)

Medium:

Large:
    "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• nictan
      • Jul 2009

from what i can see, dont quite understand how the medium might be awkward over the shoulders. looks pretty much the same as the large when carried. would say go with the medium since it suits your daily needs more.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by nictan View Post
        from what i can see, dont quite understand how the medium might be awkward over the shoulders. looks pretty much the same as the large when carried. would say go with the medium since it suits your daily needs more.
        I thought it might look a little small over the shoulder, more like a womens handbag. But you are right I guess I'm gonna go with the medium size.
        Thanks
        T
        "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• nictan
          • Jul 2009

i think the medium size is fine, doesnt look too small. on the contrary, the large one looks a tad too big, depending on the physique of the person carrying it. :)

Comment

• mononon
            • Sep 2009

can someone comment on the true colour of this piece?
            also, how is the leather - does it stain easily or mark easily?
            and how does this size small run> i'm a true 46 (i owned another leather in m in ss09 but was way too big)...

calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• kvjan
              • Nov 2009

Jgan85, like Croatoan, I owned the same w+h coat, and there is no way it will hold up to a cold winter, unless you use a lot of layers. it is a nice fall/early winter coat, though, especially for the price.

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

it's basically a slate grey, very flat and uniform in color being the oiled calf i assume. runs tts

Originally posted by mononon View Post
                can someone comment on the true colour of this piece?
                also, how is the leather - does it stain easily or mark easily?
                and how does this size small run> i'm a true 46 (i owned another leather in m in ss09 but was way too big)...

Comment

• jgan85
                  • Apr 2008

much obliged for all the answers gentlemen.. looks like i must find a warmer coat.

J
                  ________
                  Zuma
                  Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Who?
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
                    Want to buy a new bag and have been eyeing and wanting a guidi bag for quite some time now.
                    Still on the fence if I should go for the classic medium or the classic large bag.
                    For my daily needs the medium should be perfect and definetely large enough, also when worn in hand it should be perfect too. Just a little scarred it might look akward when worn like a satchel over the shoulder, I guess over the shoulder I prefer the look of the larger bag.
                    Any thoughts from owners or experts in general? :-)

Medium:

Large:
                    http://darklandsberlin.com/site/bran...er-satchel-bag
                    Go for the large one. The awkward aspect of the classic bags comes from the length of the handles, too long to be carried in the hand and oddly feminine when worn on the shoulder. The large size of the classic bag limits the effect. The only guidi bags that don't suffer from this are the old classic bags with the over the shoulder/messenger style strap and no handles or the newer shoulder bag. I agree that the medium sized bag one looks like a woman's handbag but I may be biased as my gf uses one.
                    WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• theaddict
                      • Apr 2008

I agree with who, if you can, get the big one. I have handled both sizes from the very first day on and if you want to pull the "over the shoulder" look the big one is much much better. Back in the time when I worked for KH I saw him and other people a lot with guidi bags. The most impressive look was always with the big one when he left for Paris fashion week with a fully packed guidi bag (large)
                      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

down to 3 coat options:

Shop the best in high-end, Japanese and European designer clothing and accessories. Explore men's and womenswear collections from Rick Owens, Yohji Yamamoto, Alexander McQueen, Issey Miyake, Carol Christian Poell, Layer Zero and many more designers represented in the Bilzerians' expertly curated collections.

or

or

Comment

• CUTUP
                          • Sep 2009

^ I say that last Rick coat, I am very partial to the cutting/style of that coat

All they have left is a large though, u gonna fit?
                          Originally posted by marco-von
                          this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

which one? 2 dicks there

Comment

• CUTUP
                              • Sep 2009

The last one from L'elaireur, the wool trench
                              Originally posted by marco-von
                              this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• loot
                                • Aug 2010

i was just drooling over the down parka a few minutes ago, does he put that out every f/w?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎