• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Acid, Bitter and Sad
    • Mar 2007

RO Intarsia

Thanks for the thoughts.
    The high collar would be my pick too.
    Considered the mid 'cause i wondered if it's more classic/timeless compared to the high.
    Dealing with the high collar's collar when unzipped also concerned me a little.

Comment

• hurricane08
      • Nov 2008

tried both and you're absolutely right.Loved the high collar,but the mid is more classic and looks better unzipped.When you have to choose for a rick leather ,don't think that your first priority will be a "classic piece"

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

high collar = classic RICK

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
          Considered the mid 'cause i wondered if it's more classic/timeless compared to the high.
          Those are the reasons why I'd go with the mid. For me, it would be something I'd more likely still wear after a year or 5 years. But its of course personal preference.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• BSR
            • Aug 2008

high neck works better with oiled calf... i would say,
            if oiled calf ==> high neck
            if not ==> mid neck

(but i must say i tried on a mid neck one in lamb from the current collection, and the leather was ugly...or to be fair, it was dioresque, by KVA standards)
            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
              • Mar 2007

RO

I tried the Oiled Calf High Collar in NYC, and found it way too thick and stiff. It's nice, no doubt, just too substantial for me. I felt I couldn't move in it at all.

Tried the Lamb (LS) High Collar in Tokyo, and really loved the leather...perfect weight and thickness for me, and so buttery soft too. Fit was great, whereas the oiled calf was a little roomy in the same tagged size.

Comment

• theaddict
                • Apr 2008

The thicker and stiffer the better for the high collar! If it's soft the collar just doesn't hold it's shape, especially when you wear it open. I have the oiled calf version and it's like an armour...;)
                Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                  • Mar 2007

I hear what you're saying SA.
                  However, I actually prefer the collar to drape when unzipped (as seen on some pics posted by members here) and only propped up when zipped.

Comment

• eton97
                    • Dec 2008

Thanks for the thoughts.
                    Y - i had the high neck rick geo in calf....stunning jacket, but really hard to wear undone - the collar for me was just too big and flapped around - done up it was much better, but just found it wasn't as versatile as I'd hoped...
                    I agree with Lowrey - the mid is something I'd more likely still wear after a year or 5 years.......
                    you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• theaddict
                      • Apr 2008

i hear you too mate;) guess it's a personal preference.
                      For me the staley big collars never worked when they were flattering aroun unzipped. That's why I hesitated buying a calf version since te first iteration calf version was not stiff. Totally the opposite withthe oiled calf. Unzipped I wear the collar like a 14th century womens high collar dress...dunno how to describe it better...;)

I hear what you're saying SA.
                      However, I actually prefer the collar to drape when unzipped (as seen on some pics posted by members here) and only propped up when zipped.
                      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• graydot
                        • Aug 2009

ABS i'd go with the mid. can be worn just as easily open as it can zipped all the way, without looking silly. has a classic styling to it that will make it just as wearable 5 years from now, as lowrey has already pointed out. my kangaroo mid has been through the ringers and still looks brand new. can be dressed up or down depending on pairing without looking overly trendy, as i feel the high would. mind you it's my only leather and i need something versatile. if you have other leather jackets with similar design you may be looking for something with a little twist.

Comment

• Castor
                          • Nov 2009

High. I have the high collared Intarsia in drkshdw Hammered Lamb and it's still my favorite leather of all time. I have an Intarsia moto collar that doesn't get as much love, so I would say mid collar is better than moto as well.
                          Originally posted by DRRRK
                          The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Nikov
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                            if anyone is looking for a great winter coat, this one here is fantastic and reasonably priced. the mouth/face guard worn fully upright is very sinister looking. it can also be pulled in different angles-sort of adds like an ornamental element near the face.. you don't need a scarf with this coat as the collar is so close to your face, it's like wearing a bacalava.

the cooked wool is very warm, the inside feels like 1/2" thick neoprene and the hand pockets are just right..

M = 50

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                            I was determined to get this coat after I've seen this picture in january. But nearly all the fit pics I've seen online made me change my mind. I'm glad that I've tried it at Darklands. I looked different from the really stiff impression in the pictures.
                            To my surprise not all the coats have the extra face guard. I've bought mine without it. Unfortunately both coats in S didn't have it, M and XS had it. Campbell will try to get one from Boris and sent it to me.

I agree that you won't get very much warmer wool coats but I'm not sure about M=50. My size S is an exact 46. The coat is cut very slim around the shoulders, so that I'm sure no 48 could wear S.
                            Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                            that's strange the face thing was not shipped in all sizes. it's the best part of the coat. it's just a strip of the same material sewn on the inside collar.

i agree the runway pics don't look so hot, but if you are tall, this looks fantastic..

i dunno, i usually wear 50 and i always wear M in boris.
                            Originally posted by semper View Post
                            I think M=48, as it fits my 48 shoulders exactly.
                            HI endersgame, DRRK and semper

Any chance that we can get a fit pic of said coat? I've been looking at it a lot and I really like it. The only thing that is keeping me from pulling the trigger is how rounded the shoulders look in some of the fit pics. When it is zipped up, the stiff torso plus rounded shoulders almost make it seem... balloonish. Is that something that is noticeable in real life? Or am I just looking at some bad fit pics?

I imagine that a coat like this will not fit well on everyone. I am about 6'1 145 lbs. I think I would need a M or 48.

Comment

• sshum88
                              • Dec 2007

^ Boris Wool Coat

No fit pic. You and I are about the same size (weight and height). Normally I take a 46-48 in coats and tops. I tried on the S in the summer and it felt about right although I had only a t-shirt on at the time. I didn't feel that it was balloonish at all.

The thing that I didn't love about it was where the bottom ended up on me, which is just around the knee caps. With the zipper enclosure, you have to reach down and fuss with the zippers with the bulkiness of the coat up top.
                              Originally posted by eat me
                              If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡