Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skye X
    • Oct 2010

/\ Classic Doc Marten style shitkickers? Everyone should own a pair.

Comment

• michael_kard
      • Oct 2010

Yes or No: Y-3 'Kutetai' boots?

Here's another view.
      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

they make them but the zippers are really shitty on the docs. i just had my 14 hole steel toe black and oxbloods repaired for the 9th time. had them 20 years i think.

Originally posted by Eternal
        Looks like it, but those are RO. I got the pair and I really love them. doesn't blend in with the clean and structured look of some of the designers I own that are also discussed here, but good for everyday wear if that includes the usual RO/drkshdw stuff or something along those lines.

BTW, if someone can find docs that height with zipper then please let me know.

Comment

• Real Real
          • Feb 2007

Not quite a yes or no, but:

I am having a pair of black french calf wholecuts (dress shoes, oxfords, one smooth piece of leather all around) made.

I am thinking about getting a toe/front cap put on them (so, one additional piece of leather across the toe). My shoemaker is suggesting putting both a front cap and a rear cap (an piece of leather, covering the heel, that arches downwards), for balance. Or, I could just leave the shoe completely smooth.

So:

Yes to:

-true wholecut
          vs
          -wholecut with a front cap
          vs
          -wholecut with a front and rear cap

Or, no, instead I should buy a pair of cordovan hurricane zip boots object-dyed in goat urine.

Comment

• seatbelts
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
            Yes or No: Y-3 'Kutetai' boots?

Here's another view.
            I'd personally pass. How much are they?
            julius leather jacket size 2
            http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14217

Comment

• michael_kard
              • Oct 2010

Very cheap, less than 100. Might as well just give them a try for the lolz, i think they look interesting anyways.
              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Real Real View Post
                -true wholecut

Or, no, instead I should buy a pair of cordovan hurricane zip boots object-dyed in goat urine.
                Yes to true whole-cut. The entire idea of a wholecut shoe seems kind of undermined by caps. The construction being so immaculate there are no seams is quite a statement.

That said tsunami-zip goat-urine boots sound like a viable alternative for meetings.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• gnow
                  • Jun 2010

I need an outwear for winter-spring.

(image courtesy of yoh05 from sufu)

Not sure how well it'll hold up for winter though. Some layering might help; I have in mind wearing probably 2 termals / 1 termal + a LS.

But this would probably work terrificly well in spring.
                  Last edited by gnow; 02-17-2011, 10:25 AM. Reason: junya coat already sold!

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

both are great pieces, and I think with some layering would work in mild winter conditions.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• t-bone
                      • Dec 2009

After hesitating and missing out many times, I finally just bought that Junya coat in M. Too late for this winter, it seems!

Comment

• premierminister
                        • Jul 2008

RO chucks: New or used?

I could get my hands on a brand new pair from this season for 600 Euro (new sole-design without fixing staples) OR a used pair in very good shape from S/S 10 (crepe sole) for 350 Euro... ?

USED VS NEW

used:

new

(photo by oki-ni)

Comment

• kuugaia
                          • Feb 2010

Is this really a new vs. used question? Because the answer should be obvious if that's what you're asking.

If it's about the soles then the new season one should be more durable.

If it's about the money then only you can answer that question.

Comment

• premierminister
                            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                            Is this really a new vs. used question? Because the answer should be obvious if that's what you're asking.

If it's about the soles then the new season one should be more durable.

If it's about the money then only you can answer that question.
                            Is it just because of the pictures or is the new season's one more shiny than the S/S10 chucks?

Comment

• lost53
                              • Dec 2010

Indeed the new one's are more shiny.. and I have the feeling the leather is softer. It doesn't seem as tough as on the older ones. What size are you?

Comment

• premierminister
                                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
                                Indeed the new one's are more shiny.. and I have the feeling the leather is softer. It doesn't seem as tough as on the older ones. What size are you?
                                I am size 44 in the cucks (and 43 in classic trainers).

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎