Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eye
    • Jan 2010

You're wrong. The seducing points are the material (brushed coton) and the cut, which is clearly not the same than burberrys trenchs (i used to own one), including the work on the collar.
    I'm not attracted by the brand but i feel secured to buy from LUC since it means for me a certain level of quality.
    That said, i agree this stands medium weight and looks very classic (some would say timeless), so the y/n.
    Here are 2 fitpics the seller gently sent to me.

he has the same weight/height than i do.
    WTB : Incarnation leather jkt szXL / Augusta green ankle boots sz42

Comment

• nicelynice
      • Oct 2009

It's a very cool fit and good fabric, I ultimately decided against it because of the scalloping or whatever on the back, and the fact that the sleeves are like an inch too short. It's also quite thin and slim, not something you'd layer for cold weather or rain like a burberry trench..

Here's a fit pic I took if it helps. Sorry, don't remember the size of the coat!

edit; back of coat detail for those who havent seen it:

Comment

• docus
        • Dec 2010

Eye, that's a gorgeous trench - I agree, there's more to it than just the 'LUC' label...

Comment

• luxaeterna
          • Aug 2009

5'7, good call. Too short for Rick...

Thanks so much for the advice, quiet noise and everyone!

Originally posted by crz View Post
          looks a bit too long on you. hem sits at the hips/waist and bunches up around the gut/belly area. how does it look worn open? i dont think it looks small tho. im guessing you are around 5'6 -5'7 ?
          Last edited by luxaeterna; 05-07-2011, 10:01 AM. Reason: To give thanks

Comment

• crz
            • Apr 2008

even with the bunching through the body, i think it looks good on you

Comment

• docus
              • Dec 2010

luxaeterna, I don't think it looks much too big - just very new and a bit stiff.

Comment

• MoFiya
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Eye View Post
                You're wrong. The seducing points are the material (brushed coton) and the cut, which is clearly not the same than burberrys trenchs (i used to own one), including the work on the collar.
                I'm not attracted by the brand but i feel secured to buy from LUC since it means for me a certain level of quality.
                Ahah, no offence intended with my post ;-)
                It looks pretty long, taken from nicelynice's fit pic. From yours, one can't tell how long it is... I would def. ask about that and check wether it might be too long for your taste.

I agree, doesn't look like a burberry trench from these pictures. Looks good from the side but idk about the front... I like how it looks open but not closed. And if you intend to wear it in winter :-\

Fwiw I personally would prefer a slim cut Burberry (Prorsum) trench, and my personal trench grail is this DBSS.
                I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• quiet noise
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2008

high collar moto from 05 theives. i like this style and ram leather is always thick and nice
                  Last edited by lowrey; 05-12-2011, 04:22 PM. Reason: huge picture

Comment

• kukuku
                    • Oct 2009

I thought long time about kopping that julius, but decided not to, because shoulders might be easily off for me (it's not raglan) and I don't like the hooks in the sleeves. The type of leather is pretty intresting, tag says reverse inflamed ram, but it doesn't look nubuck. Great price also.

Comment

• quiet noise
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Eternal

You seriously need to slow down a bit with the leathers though.
                      You're all over the place as soon as something in close to your size
                      is posted. Define what you really want, and then get it when something
                      like it is for sale. Unless you're trying to be the next 15+ julius leathers guy.
                      yeah i thought about this myself, but i decided this was a pretty unique piece that was worth posting. decided against it thought as the measurements are borderline tiny and since the leather is twice as thick as the average moto combined with non-raglan sleeves, it probably wont fit. Im sorry if i have annoyed anyone, but my interest/curiosity is genuine (altough still annoying, probably)

Comment

• Zenith
                        • Jun 2009

Seeing that leather reminds me how fantastic a season Thieves was. If only everything fit a little smaller...That beautiful brown black

Comment

• quiet noise
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2008

Im glad i can make someone happy with my leather obsession. Fashion-Nostalgia is awesome when you can tell that something has aged with dignity. Personaly i think the older Julius seasons get better and better with every year (and every mediocre _7 season). The old seasons where so pure yet complete, there are many garments, like this jacket, that really shine. Materials and treatments combined with simple cuts that really define what Julius used to mean. I'll shut up for now.

Comment

• kukuku
                            • Oct 2009

I bought it after all... If someone is intrested buying it from me if it won't fit PM me.

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
                              Im glad i can make someone happy with my leather obsession. Fashion-Nostalgia is awesome when you can tell that something has aged with dignity. Personaly i think the older Julius seasons get better and better with every year (and every mediocre _7 season). The old seasons where so pure yet complete, there are many garments, like this jacket, that really shine. Materials and treatments combined with simple cuts that really define what Julius used to mean. I'll shut up for now.
                              I like reading about everyone's obsessions/passions...that's why this forum is here, isn't it?
                              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• jscl
                                • Jan 2010

i'm thinking about getting this green RO jacket for my girlfriend.... would love to hear opinions of it (especially from the ladies of SZ)

i was originally thinking of getting her a black one, but she already has a black leather, though not RO. not sure how versatile the green will be, and if i should stick to the typical colors like black, darkshadow, pearl etc. thanks.

RO leather
                                JUST THE HITS

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎