Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nikov
    • Nov 2008

i dont think it's ridiculous. i just don't think it's very versatile. you're better off buying a regular DH blazer (if you can find one) and just rolling the sleeves up for when you want that look. a short sleeve blazer is not easily incorporated into many looks, so it may end up hanging in the closet most of the time.

Comment

• diorowen
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Nikov View Post
      i dont think it's ridiculous. i just don't think it's very versatile. you're better off buying a regular DH blazer (if you can find one) and just rolling the sleeves up for when you want that look. a short sleeve blazer is not easily incorporated into many looks, so it may end up hanging in the closet most of the time.
      Definitely what i am afraid of.
      Thanks nikov, It was in my consideration, of buying a normal devoa blazer (love the shoulder) and roll the sleeves, or this one.
      Well this might not be a wise pick up.
      So its a no?
      :D
      still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• the breaks
        • Sep 2007

I vote regular blazer with rolled (pushed) up sleeves.
        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Raw
          • Oct 2009

^^^ Agree, but don't do that with a Devoa blazer, the cut of the sleeves and shape of the cuffs are too nice to roll up.

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by diorowen View Post
            Definitely what i am afraid of.
            Thanks nikov, It was in my consideration, of buying a normal devoa blazer (love the shoulder) and roll the sleeves, or this one.
            Well this might not be a wise pick up.
            So its a no?
            :D
            i say it's a yes (depending on your available funds and if u feel u need a more traditional blazer or not). i like that it's a bit of a statement piece but still not too much.

Comment

• JD_May
              • Apr 2010

Two things - a) it isn't necessarily that easy to roll the sleeves on a jacket that slim and have it not look awful;
              b) I dunno, I feel like it would work pretty well with a variety of things I'd wear in summer and would get a lot of wear as something easy enough to throw over a T at night.
              In a perfect world you could fuck people without ever giving them a piece of your heart.
              And every glittering kiss and every touch of flesh is another shard of heart you'll never see again.

Comment

• diorowen
                • Aug 2010

Thanks a lot guys for your opinion.
                Well, it might not be a wise buy for winter, but I guess Its a yes for me. Not that I didnt consider the "no" opinion, but you know, I'm just weird and love the unusual stuff.
                thanks for the thought, shucks,raw, the breaks and jd!
                still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• savant
                  • Jul 2011

Basically I'm after some budget combat boots with great quality since I don't want to drop a gold bar on a pair of Guidi's

I'm very keen on this boot but its used. Anyone know why Butteros costs much more in Japan than USA? Higher import tax/cost for leather goods?

Used Japan buttero boot - USD 450 shipped for http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/143098072

But brand new Butteros at Barneys are like $445 shipped to US

My cheapest option will be these for 13000 Yen + proxy + ship. Condition looks pretty roughed up. What do you guys think ?

Yahoo!オークションは、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るYahoo!オークションで、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

Given that I live in New Zealand, proxying from US will be like $40 shipping

Can't decide which to go for but I'm digging the black. Brown one from Barneys will work too. I will be going with a rider jacket and black/blue jeans.

Any other options I have within the $500 shipped budget?
                  Last edited by savant; 07-07-2011, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• endersgame
                    • Aug 2009

^^player, do you even know which size you need?

those .jp auctions are not even the same size.

if price is what dictates your choosing, just buy the cheapest thing and get it over with..

Comment

• savant
                      • Jul 2011

Yeah buttero's run smaller. I'm normally a 42/US 9 so a 40-41 will be fine i suppose

Comment

• several_girls
                        • Nov 2010

Nice pick up!
                        What color did you get?
                        Meanwhile, what do you guys think of short sleeve blazer?
                        I got them in black from luisaviaroma. Grey would've been okay too, brown seems a bit of a hard thing to integrate in the wardrobe.

I'd actually recommend against picking up the blazer. Take my thoughts with a grain of salt because I like having as few items in the closet as possible. I had a blazer that just hung in the closet most of the time. I sold it and realized I'd rather have a full suit; I can always wear the jacket and pants separately.

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

Sounds like you made up your mind, but this blazer reminds me of this dude I used to see around NYC all the time who was the ultimate Dior fan boy. The second this collection came out he was walking around with the silver leather one day, the safari jacket the next day and I saw him in this blazer several times (he also got a blond bowl cut, now that's commitment). Anyway, I thought the blazer looked pretty awesome even if the dude bought all his style.

Thanks a lot guys for your opinion.
                          Well, it might not be a wise buy for winter, but I guess Its a yes for me. Not that I didnt consider the "no" opinion, but you know, I'm just weird and love the unusual stuff.
                          thanks for the thought, shucks,raw, the breaks and jd!
                          music

Comment

• messenoire
                            • Nov 2009

can someone post a real life fit pic of this BBS tee? i am up in the air about how it will fall.

Comment

• arc
                              • Mar 2011

have enough for one crazy boot purchase this season and i think both will sell like hot cakes. help me decide. anybody handled any of these yet?

or

How are the Ann compare to this pair?

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.as...seasProdID=54I

Comment

• Phantom
                                • Mar 2011

I like the ann d boots with the laces all over the place. but i get a little feminie vibe of them. not sure what it is. hard to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎