Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

if it's a choice between only these two, i say the sellam one, even if i don't really dig the back seam.

the leather trim and the fabric sleeves of the rick just don't belong in a shearling imho...

Comment

• jogu
      • Jun 2009

i wish i saw the appeal of leather garments , are they like warmer than wool ?

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

yeah, i feel like the ro one isn't giving you much leather for the price

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

my leather/neoprene jacket from stag is super warm. in general, i just prefer the look/feel of leather to wool i guess

Originally posted by jogu View Post
          i wish i saw the appeal of leather garments , are they like warmer than wool ?

Comment

• jogu
            • Jun 2009

hmmmm thx , maybe i just need to wear one and find out , wish the fuckin barneys here got a bigger selection , always get told rick is a hard sell for chicago cos we're a " conservative " city

Comment

• AKA*NYC
              • Nov 2007

^ doesn't bonnie and clyde carry the line? i popped in there last year and they had a large and adventurous buy. i don't recall if they had any leathers though.
              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

^they have a pretty healthy amount of ro

Comment

• jogu
                  • Jun 2009

ohhhhh shit ur rite totally forgot bout that place , looks like its in wicker park and i never go that way but ima have to check it out , thx

Comment

• Chim
                    • Dec 2006

sellam jacket looks way sleeker and better than rick, which is reminiscent of (albeit stylish) baltimore dockworkers

Comment

• dunglan7
                      • Sep 2010

^^^^ yes Bonnie and Clydes do sell Rick leathers. I've made a purchase from them before. Very good customer service. Also I believe they sell RO on there website.

Comment

• doldrums
                        • Dec 2008

Everyday bag: ann dem much a question mark in terms of quality (based on my wife's bags) compared to Marsell which I trust. However, the marsell design with the two bags separately connected in one in questionable for my needs. Can anyone vouch for either?

Ann Dem

vs.

Marsell

Comment

• arc
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
                          Everyday bag: ann dem much a question mark in terms of quality (based on my wife's bags) compared to Marsell which I trust. However, the marsell design with the two bags separately connected in one in questionable for my needs. Can anyone vouch for either?

Ann Dem

vs.

Marsell

What about the price factor

Comment

• franz
                            • Mar 2011

Decisions, decisions...

Hi

Just wondering which pairs to get, I'm ordering online and I already may have to order two sizes each to make sure I get the right fit (and return the other pair of course), I'd prefer to set my mind on one pair for each style, but since I have not seen each of them IRL...

Rick sneakers:

I like how the white back gives the left one some balance and a dynamic feel, but the black ones w/white front looks more "classic" in a good sense (IMO)

Ann boots

I was originally looking for a pair w/laces like the left ones (kinda like combat boots) but the back-laced have that S&M/goth-chic thing going on that's attractive.
                            Otherwise, there's still Marsell, cheaper and with cool distressed/rugged look.

Any idea? Whish I could just get everything, but still 2 pairs is already kind of
                            Last edited by franz; 07-28-2011, 04:44 AM.
                            Originally posted by Faust
                            True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• franz
                              • Mar 2011

I'd go with the Sellam. On the pics, the Rick looks cheap almost like artificial leather (we call it skai in french, not sure the term exists in english), and I'm not a fan of the contrasted fabrics (body in leather vs. sleeves in cotton)
                              Originally posted by Faust
                              True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• several_girls
                                • Nov 2010

?

I like them of course and they can fit into the look I'm building towards, but I always like to double-check here in case my choices are really off the mark, aesthetically.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎