• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • several_girls
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by franz View Post
    Hi
    Rick sneakers:
    I like how the white back gives the left one some balance and a dynamic feel, but the black ones w/white front looks more "classic" in a good sense (IMO)

Ann boots
    I was originally looking for a pair w/laces like the left ones (kinda like combat boots) but the back-laced have that S&M/goth-chic thing going on that's attractive.
    I'd get the RO pair on the left, I really like the paneling. I'm a bit partial to Reebok/Nike looking sneakers over Converse though, couldn't say why. Probably has to do with all the kinds of sneakers I saw my friends wear from middle school thru high school.

I'd also go with the Ann D with the back laces. Those are bit more justifiable than prototypical combat boots, I think.

Comment

• Racefortheprize
      • Jul 2011

I'd just buy bouth RO sneakers and no boots
      I'm not a big fan of the Ann boots you posted. Have you seen the "triple lace" from this collection? I prefer that one. But you really want one of those two, I'd go with the one on the left.

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

raceforthe100posts

Comment

• franz
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Racefortheprize View Post
          I'd just buy bouth RO sneakers and no boots
          I'm not a big fan of the Ann boots you posted. Have you seen the "triple lace" from this collection? I prefer that one. But you really want one of those two, I'd go with the one on the left.
          Two pairs of sneakers would be one pair too many for one season (i'd prefer to diversify) and the triple laces are probably too much for me, would not fit my style and my body type

Originally posted by several_girls
          I'd get the RO pair on the left, I really like the paneling. I'm a bit partial to Reebok/Nike looking sneakers over Converse though, couldn't say why. Probably has to do with all the kinds of sneakers I saw my friends wear from middle school thru high school.

I'd also go with the Ann D with the back laces. Those are bit more justifiable than prototypical combat boots, I think.
          See what you mean about the sneakers, never had any Converse myself, but I guess that was not really a credo or anything, just felt a bit too easy. Bit now I'm older, so who cares...

I guess I'll order everything and just return what needs to. Thanks you deffered payment!
          Originally posted by Faust
          True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• HWith
            • May 2007

Damir Doma FW11 creepers: Thick sole (runway) og regular sole?

Regular as seen on LvR:

Thick sole:

Comment

• franz
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by sCrAtChy View Post
              I have this. IMO this shoe suits most of DD clothing. Its comfortable as well. And best thing? This shoe wasn't that popular and they all sell for a huge discount during the sales.

If you want it, thecorner.com has it on sale with good discounts. Lots of sizes left.

http://www.thecorner.com/item/YOOX/D.../sts/sr_tcman3
              They are very nice indeed, really hesitated myself, but thought they were a bit expensive even on sale.
              But they have lots of personality
              Originally posted by Faust
              True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by HWith View Post
                Damir Doma FW11 creepers: Thick sole (runway) og regular sole?
                i haven't been lookin for them, but is the runway version even available to buy?

in any case, i'd for sure go with the lower sole since i never liked creepers - not into wearing pedestals under my feet. also, i'd definitely go for the (rick-clone) boots instead of the shoes. leather looks nice on them too, though i'm a bit offended by the seam running up the middle...

Comment

• HWith
                  • May 2007

Initially I thought only the low version would be available, but my local DD retailer said they ordered both versions... I've always liked creepers but never owned a pair. I could also use a few extra centimeters to my height, haha. But they aren't very subtle or versatile, and the only people I see wearing such high creepers are hipsters, so I've kinda grown waery of them.

Also, why would you recommend the boots? I wont buy them as I have way too many boots and not enough shoes, but I'd still like to hear it.

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                  i haven't been lookin for them, but is the runway version even available to buy?

in any case, i'd for sure go with the lower sole since i never liked creepers - not into wearing pedestals under my feet. also, i'd definitely go for the (rick-clone) boots instead of the shoes. leather looks nice on them too, though i'm a bit offended by the seam running up the middle...

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

boots because i personally prefer them, and also because i think they will be more useful with most damir pants (at least how i wear them), since i'm not sure how i would wear the shoes unless the pants are cropped.

there is a dd stockist in cph? i knew paris-texas used to carry some, but they shut down right?

Comment

• HWith
                      • May 2007

Well, I have a pair of Guidi 988 which fits pretty similar to the RO/DD boots (you know what I mean), and I need more shoes, so shoes it will be. And I always wear cropped pants, so ... :-)

Nag will carry Damir Doma from this season onwards. They'll start with the main line shoes and Silent basics. From next season they'll be stocking full main line as well as Silent. They're also carrying DRKSHDW and Lilies now. They currently have two stores. Nag Classic which carries a lot of crap and Nag (whatever it's title is) that is more 'high fashion'.

Comment

• Wiggles
                        • Sep 2008

anyone have any experience with this sweater? recommended yes/no?

i'm looking for a good, sheer(ish) black one, and this seems to be fitting the bill rather well. i love the one that's at RO nyc right now, but 1300 is a bit pricey for the moment.

unless anyone knows of/is selling any good alternatives?

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

how sheer / lite do you want it to be ? i bought a black wool short sleeve one from cdgshirt thats rly lightweight i even wear it in summer mos , got it from y! for like $50 bux ? plus fees etc . its not gauze thin tho , if thats what u wanted but its thin enough that u can see thru it in most lighting . ann does them often also , or try lookin on y! for mihara hes done some rly good lightweight ones too

Comment

• Wiggles
                            • Sep 2008

i'm looking for something solidly sheer, kind of like the one you have by the sounds of it. there's a solid looking ann alternative, but the listing says it's brown - definitely don't want something that's not black.

Comment

• messenoire
                              • Nov 2009

i just purchased a bbs longsleeve that looks exactly like an RO v neck sweater but with a tighter neckline and better sleeves in my opinion. i would check out bbs if you can. the one i got is fairly sheer and can be worn without something under it but you will absolutely be exposing your nipples and i am not sure how comfortable you are with that. the length is comparable to rick and has a bottom hem that is quite minimal. it's an ss11 longsleeve so it should be good to layer for the winter as well. i still dont quite get the point of ss11 longsleeves on the american east coast. too hot!

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                                • Jun 2009

I just bought this CCP Gloved leather on SuFu...

BUT I have this Julius Cowl Neck leather which I've never worn...

Are they too similar? Or are they different enough that I should keep both? I know the aesthetic and fit are much different, but are the styles too alike? Just need some thoughts.
                                Le 21ème

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎