Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cowsareforeating
    • Jan 2011

i dont think it will look good the way you want it to without significantly altering the garment.

the legs need at least a little tapering/slimming
    and the suit needs less shoulders and slimmer waist

but im assuming you didnt want to modernize the fit

Comment

• Mail-Moth
      • Mar 2009

I can't see the waist of the jacket, so it is difficult to tell, but it may be possible to suppress a bit of width here. As for the pants, yes, they are definitely too long, but be carefull when shortening them : they are wide and won't probably look good if they don't break enough on your shoes.

I don't think you can touch the shoulders because of the width of the lapels. This is a nice suit as it is, mostly, and it will probably look fine with some heavy brogues, but you'll never avoid the strong retro vibe it conveys. So if it seems too much of a bother to deal with that, I can't see any way you could wear it.

Shahansha : I don't think wearing a jacket that flared at the bottom with a drop crotch will work ; it creates the illusion of a prominent belly supported by short legs, and you end looking like the average Daumier's bourgeois :

I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
      I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• shah
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
        Shahansha : I don't think wearing a jacket that flared at the bottom with a drop crotch will work ; it creates the illusion of a prominent belly supported by short legs, and you end looking like the average Daumier's bourgeois :
        [/CENTER]
        Comment ça tu omettes le "h" a la fin chaque fois
        c'est le « roi des rois »
        anyway, i thought it worked best with just the shirt and nothing else. ultimately, in a preemptive move i returned them anticipating such a remark, thank you for the support ! they were mislabeled also as mens, comme des garcons comme des garcons is womens line ?!

Comment

• Mail-Moth
          • Mar 2009

Oops. Last time, I promise.
          Yes, as far as I know, the men's line is comme des garçons homme plus - or comme des garçons homme for the earlier collections. But aren't dropcrothes a bit of a unisex thing ?
          I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
          I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• shah
            • Jul 2009

yeah both womens & mens, as far as I know, have the exaggerations. though, une marocaine m'as dit c'est quoi ce genre sarouel kendrissi . I suppose with the Damir fez cap it became too much of an Orientalist outfit ... anyway merci chef !

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
              Oops. Last time, I promise.
              Yes, as far as I know, the men's line is comme des garçons homme plus - or comme des garçons homme for the earlier collections. But aren't dropcrothes a bit of a unisex thing ?
              cdg homme is a separate line (apparently designed by Watanabe) from cdgh+ (designed by rei) that is still produced. Confusing.

anyway, cdgcdg is often sold as men's by mistake...good deals can be scored because of it.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• quiet noise
                Banned
                • Dec 2008

hey SZ its been a while. im looking for a new leather for autumn and found this hammered scuba on SF.

i have owned the same scuba style in wool but im wondering if anyone can comment on this leather jacket/style, i have never ever seen a leather scuba in real life/fit pic and im worried that the hood detail might look a little stale/awkward on the leather version.

and is it just me or does the scuba have kind of a cool cyberpunk (almost julius) feel to it?

Comment

• MoFiya
                  • Sep 2007

Has anybody handled this long jacket from Obscur (SS11, 63% rayon / 37% cotton)?
                  Usually, Obscur is way too goth for me but this piece looks like it's cut very sharp without the usual fraying or other "extravagant details" (in lack of a better word).
                  Thoughts? Also, for those who have handled it - would it work on a taller framed dude (188cm // 6.1 ft)?
                  I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                  But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• endorphinz
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2009

I was hoping you would comment Mail- Moth, thank you and thank you too cows.
                    I would never touch the lapels or shoulders. I know enough about construction to realize that nuthin good ever comes out of foolin around with them.
                    The pants need to be shortened but I wouldn't taper them. I love the fullness and the weight of the heavy wool.My question was do the lapels and shoulders look too out of date to wear today? Mail-Moth's 'retro vibe' answer sums it up I guess. I think I knew it all along anyway.... come to think about it, much of my life has a retro vibe :)

Comment

• een
                      • Sep 2006

[QUOTE=MoFiya;329084
                      Has anybody handled this long jacket from Obscur (SS11, 63% rayon / 37% cotton)?[/QUOTE]

It's a nice jacket, and makes me wish Obscur would develop their tailored pieces a bit more. The armholes are cut high and the arms themselves are very narrow and long, the shoulders less built up than ccp, and a little slimmer through the body than appears in the photo (well, at least my body...) On the sample I tried the shoulders were a little wonky, one side fitting a little different than the other, but not really noticeable.
                      I'm 188cm 52 jacket and the L fit pretty nicely, with only a little binding in the shoulders. The fabric has a nice dry hand as well.

Comment

• copacetic
                        • Nov 2010

This:

Or this:

Can't decide can't decide can't decide. 1st one is kangaroo, 2nd one is buffalo. 2nd one is $1500 cheaper, but judge independent of price.
                        And "When the prince has gathered about him
                        "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• ES3K
                          • Oct 2008

I really like white, but it's so passé due to all those iFanboyz. They destroyed white, in anything, clothes, furniture, cars (for me), so my vote goes to #1

Comment

• cmitso412
                            • Feb 2010

I would take the first one as I would want to use either fairly often and little marks here and there would be inevitable and I don't think the cleaning process would be very quick and I would be scared of it altering the properties of the leather. I also think a white leather jacket is much harder to work into a wardrobe, but If you have a few others and won't use it very often it's a cool piece too. Either way I would take the first.

Comment

• Eye
                              • Jan 2010

i'd buy the second one. Feel like it will evolve greatly with the wear.
                              WTB : Incarnation leather jkt szXL / Augusta green ankle boots sz42

Comment

• voice_on_tape
                                • Jun 2011

My vote is for 1, I think 2 will def evolve, but maybe not in the most desirable ways.... i have bad luck with white jackets.
                                -v_o_t
                                sale items

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎