• Feb 2009

2, cut looks better
    will look great with wear

Comment

• eton97
      • Dec 2008

Really hard one.
      I have jacket 2 but in a slightly darker grey than the colour of jacket 1
      Couple of things to be aware of. And this is only my opinion....
      - The high neck collar of jacket 1 is far higher than the collar of jacket 2 which makes it a bit more difficult to wear. The collar of jacket 1 goes almost to your bottom lip, whereas the collar of jacket 2 is definitely under the chin. Also when worn open you have a lot of collar flapping around on jacket 1.
      - the inner flap by the zip on jacket 1 is much wider than that of jacket 2 making it a bit more difficult to wear open.
      - jacket 1 is shorter in the body. Sits on the waist. Jacket 2 a touch longer in the torso. It sits more on the hips.
      - I adore the buffalo leather. The texture/weight is perfect for me, but if you are in a hot part if the world you are going to struggle with the weight. Never been that impressed with the roo....I understand that's a big generalisation and that there are 2 thicknesses of roo that carol uses. Maybe the one i handled was the thinner one....but it felt too delicate for me
      - BUT White is pretty hard to pull off.
      My advice is don't buy it unless it's exactly what you want. It's an expensive mistake to make.
      If push came to shove, the White colour would be the deal breaker irrelevant of my points above.
      you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Crowzer
        • Feb 2011

For me, definitely the first one, i love the texture. I don't like the white.

Comment

• eton97
          • Dec 2008

To help you in your choice
          Fit of jacket 2 closed and open. Grey bison high neck.

you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

^that's a thing of beauty!

I love 2, but 1 is far more "practical". If you have many other practical leathers, I'd go for 2, but if this will be you're one and only (or nearly that), I'd go for 1.
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• quiet noise
              Banned
              • Dec 2008

no 2 has a more stoic fit but i love the gloves on the first one.

no comments on the hammered lamb scuba?

Comment

• copacetic
                • Nov 2010

thanks for the responses, and thanks a lot to eton for posting those pictures.

i feel sort of the same way about the kangaroo leather. i have some kangaroo derbies, and the leather on those is very interesting...but it's sort of dry and taut and wrinkled looking... which is grotesque and great, but at the same time, with the full leather, i'm hoping that it's elegant too, not just dirty and scratchy-looking.

i have a fencing already, so i'm thinking that the high-neck bison that eton showed isn't different enough from the fencing to warrant a separate purchase. there are lots of other things i'd like to get with that $$$.

so i guess i'm back at square one. i agree that the super-high collar on the kangaroo is not really what i'm looking for, and eton's jacket, though beautiful, is maybe too similar to what i have. hmm...
                And "When the prince has gathered about him
                "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• quiet noise
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2008

i think despite the many similarities, these are two very different jackets in terms of styling. The first one is like a rugged vintage body armor and has kind of an agressive punk/street touch to it. It looks amazing with some denim and RO high tops. The second one is more "classic" and eton already showed you how it can/should be worn.

when deciding between two very expensive items, i personaly almost always go for the one that fills a larger "hole" in my wardrobe. With that, i mean get the one that is the most different from the jackets you already own (as long as you think you can pull it off).

One of them might be a very nice piece to replace/substitute one of your jackets in an outfit you already "have", while the other might open up for entierly new possibilities and combinations. Id say go for the latter option.

Comment

• kuugaia
                    • Feb 2010

Daymn eton, you rocking that jacket. I like it zipped it more, but both looks good.

White leather jackets are very hard to pull off in my opinion. I would find myself very conscious of it when having it on...

Comment

• nicelynice
                      • Oct 2009

Speaking of white, how about white guidi horse side-zips?
                      Any clue how these might look after a year or so of wear?
                      I figure i could always dye them black when they turn ugly

Comment

• Calimero
                        • Jul 2010

I found the bone color of those guidi very nice, and actually one of the few "white" pair i see myself wearing

Comment

• sshum88
                          • Dec 2007

^ bone Guidis - if you already have a lot of dark colored footwear, I think bone is a nice addition. They will get dirty but I think that adds to the character.
                          Originally posted by eat me
                          If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• quiet noise
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2008

the bone guidis KILL. i would get them over a black pair if i could.

Julius X Gordini 2010AW leather in waxed cow nubuck. it looks stunning in the pictures but i have very little experience with nubuck IRL so it feels like a gamble. has anyone handled this piece? im worried that the leather might be too soft and milky wich could kinda spoil the rugged julius style.
                            Last edited by quiet noise; 10-02-2011, 04:40 AM.

Comment

• Raw
                              • Oct 2009

The Julius lamb nubuck jacket from 09FW was just as substantial as the 10SS moto I have now. I believe dji had this one so you can ask him on his thoughts about it.

Comment

• lost53
                                • Dec 2010

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Just got these trousers, and....yes or no?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎