Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crowzer
    • Feb 2011

Opps, I indeed did something wrong. My apologies.

Comment

• zxc4030
      • Aug 2009

I've been saving money for a long time to buy a good daily bag and now is the time to pull the trigger.
      Since I've never owned Ann bags before, I'd like to hear some opinions about them. (durability,construction..etc)
      I was thinking about purchasing flat shaped bags like Julius gas mask (current season with no details) or Layer-0 messenger bag that was sold out at Pollyanna, but Ann D bag is just too beautiful..

Does it looks too big for a daily use?

Comment

• zxc4030
        • Aug 2009

^CBMess
        seems like you own lots of Ann D stuffs. Didn't you say you own a pair of Ann D sneakers that I posted on 'Good Finds' too?
        I'm not just asking about y/n. I want more detail answers..
        + please stop posting pointless posts..

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

The guy replies to your question and you demand that he stops writing pointless posts.
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
            The guy replies to your question and you demand that he stops writing pointless posts.
            zxc4030 was asking about the durability and construction of AnnD bags, not whether or not he should buy it.

Anyway, I would say that the quality of AnnD bags is fairly good. The insides are well-constructed, the zippers work well, and the leather feels like it could go through a decent beating. One issue though is that the shoulder strap of the leather bag I've dealt with (not mine, my gf's) has stretched funnily after use. So now, there is a stress-tension line running through the shoulder strap, with the outer edges of the strap being loose and wobbly. Hard to explain...pretty much the shoulder strap cuts into your shoulder more than it should because the weight isn't evenly distributed through the entire width of the strap.

If you're not gonna go for AnnD though, I can recommend Guidi bags on their overall robustness. Except don't get full-grain...unless you want all your goods to be black after...lol.

Comment

• zxc4030
              • Aug 2009

^Michael Kard
              This is not the first time he did this. He was keep posting inane posts so I warned him before. that's why I told him to stop posting pointless posts. The point of my question was not also related to his answer.

^Kuugaia
              thank you! that's the answer I was looking for. I couldn't find any info about Ann D bag's construction/quality since no one posts about it. I'm planning to off to New York in March and wish Atelier still carries it when I'm in New York. I primarily am looking for a messenger bag so Guidis are not on my list (saw q15, don't like it) but I definitely will buy horse leather satchel from Guidi for my second bag in the near future!

Does anyone has similar issue with Ann D's shoulder strap as Kuuigaia gf?

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Crowzer View Post
                Opps, I indeed did something wrong. My apologies.
                I still like the MA better for what it's worth. ;)
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Nuisance
                  • Jan 2011

Devoa coat

Has anyone experienced this Devoa coat first hand? I really like the look of it but, given that the back of the inner jacket component is unlined I'm skeptical of how practical it is as a separate...

Comment

• Raw
                    • Oct 2009

Havn't handled the coat, but personal opinion, I've always preferred Devoa's 'sharp' tailoring.

Comment

• Czx
                      • Feb 2011

^Agreed. I am in love with how Devoa tailors when going for sharp edges etc. but I don't really like how they do cuts like this one. It just seems out of place for some reason for me, just how the shoulders look mainly... I do like how the arms are cut tho, going a bit onto the hands.
                      néant
                      Last.FM paranoia
                      Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                      0 > ∞

Comment

• Nuisance
                        • Jan 2011

With respect to the Devoa Coat I wish they sold the interior jacket component separately with a fully lined back:

Comment

• kuugaia
                          • Feb 2010

^ I didn't think it was particularly bad, but I'm also with the others on this. Devoa has better offerings than this piece.

Another problem with this season's Devoa though is that some of the sleeves on the jackets are also unlined. This was a nightmare for me trying to stick my arm into the sleeves while wearing a wool long-sleeve shirt. I actually gave up in the end.

Comment

• Umbra
                            • Aug 2011

Hello Sz,

I`m new to the whole aesthetic brands lick Rick Owens, Damir Doma, Ann D and several others create. I`ve seen so much nice fits here, that I really enjoy. So I`ve started, buying a few basics, when it was on sale. Now I want a leather jacket my favorites are from RO, but as a student, it isn`t possible affording one, so I have to look for cheaper alternates I`ve decided, trying out Black Scissors, style is simliar to RO. So does anyone have experience with the quality, and which one do you think look better? Would be really nice, if help a newbie

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DRKSHDWR-C...item588b56eadb

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DRKSHDWR-C...item588d09301c
                            Last edited by Umbra; 12-17-2011, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                              • Jan 2011

^ actually black scissors steals rick owens designs. So you are paying for a knockoff.

You can always save up or there are other pieces that don't have to be a leather

Comment

• Umbra
                                • Aug 2011

Yes normally I do so too. I save up money for the original, before going with a copy, if I could afford it in a near future. I have to pay 1500 $ + for a RO leather, I have to save up really really long, but don`t want to wait so long completing my fits, so I`ve decided making an exception here. What would be a good alternative, to a leather jacket, for a bit warmer seasons?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎