X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oasis
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by shdws View Post
    Yea I have noticed now....boots are not my friend yet....or maybe I'll get ones really really tight

I just don't get it... how do women with thin legs pull off wearing boots???

I hate ordering boots online (or shoes for that matter) and end up having to send them back, all shipping fees for nada .

Thanks again though for the input!
    Generally womens boots will have a sleeker (and more feminine) silhouette which reduces the effect..

You could either try more volumous pants or just embrace the look, it doesn't need to be a bad thing..

I have the opposite problem. About a 46/48 in pants and a 48/50 in tops; usually a 6 or a 7 at a push in footwear.
    Originally posted by christianef
    u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• shdws
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Oasis View Post
      Generally womens boots will have a sleeker (and more feminine) silhouette which reduces the effect..

You could either try more volumous pants or just embrace the look, it doesn't need to be a bad thing..

I have the opposite problem. About a 46/48 in pants and a 48/50 in tops; usually a 6 or a 7 at a push in footwear.
      Broseph, you do have a point, maybe I could accept the look, I mean the jeans with boots is okish I guess, but not like shazammm.

hmmm gives me an idea womens boots, definitely going to look into that .

Thats not opposite.. 46 is small isn't it?, that's like around 27 inch waist like mine, unless your shortish?

The pondering stage, decisions lol.

Thanks again!
      Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• xeraphim
        • Nov 2008

has anyone tried on this iteration of the DRKSHDW jacket by any chance? thinking between this or to hold it out for the leather sleeve version.

Comment

• jskidder1
          • Jan 2011

I actually think the full denim version is the best. That one with the sweatshirt sleeves is pretty terrible, and I'm not a fan of the blistered leather sleeves with cuffs on a denim jacket.

Not sure if there is a difference in fit by style, but I got the full denim with the collar and straight placket and it is running fairly slim fwiw.

Comment

• shdws
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
            I actually think the full denim version is the best. That one with the sweatshirt sleeves is pretty terrible, and I'm not a fan of the blistered leather sleeves with cuffs on a denim jacket.

Not sure if there is a difference in fit by style, but I got the full denim with the collar and straight placket and it is running fairly slim fwiw.
            xeraphim

Ever since he used ribbed cuff sleeves on the leather and non leather version, it just doesn't do it for me no more, its lost its edgyness imo, hence that's why sizes are still available for it, even since the sales started.

Unlike before, they would sell like hot cakes before they even go on sale. And even the wash seems dull....

Those are just my opinions and observations .
            Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• shdws
              • Sep 2011

Anyone tried these on by any chance?

Is the shaft buttery soft or can it stay up by itself without having being tied up.

If it is soft how does it stay snug on ones foot?.

Also I noticed its not a runway piece, correct me if I'm wrong, but the KVA video quality online is just poo.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• shdws
                • Sep 2011

OMFG! so so sorry about the size!

I thought it would re size automatically

Comment

• Gustii
                  • Sep 2009

Hi!

Anyone handled the Obscur Blazer with the leather gloves irl? What you think about it? I'm tempted to buy, but also dunno what size. I'm a true 46. so it'll be s or m?

Comment

• oskar
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Gustii View Post
                    Hi!

Anyone handled the Obscur Blazer with the leather gloves irl? What you think about it? I'm tempted to buy, but also dunno what size. I'm a true 46. so it'll be s or m?
                    i own this one and for me it is perfect blazer/everyday jacket. structured body and marked shoulders. its also a bit shorter in the back, as many obscur pieces are.

it is definitely one of the stand out pieces for 11aw obscur in my opinion.

Comment

• zxc4030
                      • Aug 2009

^shdws
                      can't really say about the boots since I've never handled KVA boots before but I think they look ugly and not worth $500.
                      I strongly recommend you to check out buttero or F+B instead.

Comment

• messenoire
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by xeraphim View Post
                        has anyone tried on this iteration of the DRKSHDW jacket by any chance? thinking between this or to hold it out for the leather sleeve version.

]
                        i have the same question! i have seen the same jacket labelled as "sweater sleeves" and "leather sleeves" depending on the retailer. does it actually have cotton sleeves or is it leather with cotton cuffs?

Comment

• jskidder1
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                          i have the same question! i have seen the same jacket labelled as "sweater sleeves" and "leather sleeves" depending on the retailer. does it actually have cotton sleeves or is it leather with cotton cuffs?
                          there are three sleeve options this season. one is the leather, which is blistered with ribbed cuffs. the one pictured here is the "sweater sleeve," which is actually just the sleeves from a sweatshirt so cotton fleece. the best option imo is the denim sleeve which is the same fabric as the rest of the jacket with open buttoned cuffs.

Comment

• Gustii
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by oskar View Post
                            i own this one and for me it is perfect blazer/everyday jacket. structured body and marked shoulders. its also a bit shorter in the back, as many obscur pieces are.

it is definitely one of the stand out pieces for 11aw obscur in my opinion.
                            thx man.

What would you say about sizing? should I take a s or a m - as I'm a true 46?

Comment

• Castor
                              • Nov 2009

I managed to score the Rick Double Tokyo Cashmere Coat at 70% off. I love everything about the coat: the fit, fabric, cut, length. Literally it's my dream coat. But my dilemma is that the belt is about 1-2" too small. I can barely button it and it is uncomfortable. I tried sizing up and I did not like the fit (though the belt did fit). Without the belt, it is still a beautiful piece, but having no closure really bothers me. Does anyone have any thoughts as to how I can close this coat without completely bastardizing the design? I am considering having a new belt made or if I could figure out a way to "extend" the existing belt I would be thrilled. Unfortunately there is little to no excess fabric on the belt to move the buttons, so it would mean something kind of rigged up, I'm afraid. Velcro? Traditional buttons?

Damn those wasp waisted fit models.

Or should I just return the damn thing and move on.

Originally posted by DRRRK
                              The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

^^ Spanx.
                                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎