Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hommedeguerre
    • Jun 2009

Simple question. I have a Julius suit...beautiful long 1-button.

I love EVERYTHING about it...save the sleeve length. I'm thinking to shorten the sleeves to be "normal" length so I can wear it to work and actually have it be functional, versus having me look like a boy in his dad's jacket. I know it's personal opinion, but I want some insight. Should I just sell it and get something else, or make the small change and have it be perfect?
    Le 21ème

Comment

• Oasis
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by hommedeguerre View Post
      make the small change and have it be perfect?
      If this is all you genuinely need to do to make it perfect then it's a no brainer; get the sleeves shortened and wear away.
      Originally posted by christianef
      u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• Skye X
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by hommedeguerre View Post
        Simple question. I have a Julius suit...beautiful long 1-button.

I love EVERYTHING about it...save the sleeve length. I'm thinking to shorten the sleeves to be "normal" length so I can wear it to work and actually have it be functional, versus having me look like a boy in his dad's jacket. I know it's personal opinion, but I want some insight. Should I just sell it and get something else, or make the small change and have it be perfect?
        That's the only suit I've ever wanted. If you decide to sell it, TELL ME.

Comment

• BBSLM
          • Feb 2011

I'm pretty unfamiliar with Ann D, but I need a black blazer and like this one, save for the fact that it doesn't have buttons on the cuffs. This would be my first Ann piece, and I can't tell if this would be considered one of her "better" blazers, or if the price is reasonable. Any thoughts?

WTB
          desperately looking for this ANN D blazer in small or xsmall
          RICK OWENS og dunks size 42 | short-tongued geobaskets in 42 | sweats in small | basic tops in small/medium
          STEPHAN SCHNEIDER aw11 loop cardigan | grey | size IV or V

Comment

• beardown
            rekoner
            • Feb 2009

It's fairly typical of Ann blazers but what you're looking for is 100% up to you. Is it made from the material you're looking for? For the season? Is it casual/formal enough? The lack of cuff buttons will make it look much more casual, as will the cut of the collar.

Is it one of her 'better' blazers? Completely and totally depends on your tastes. Your tastes.

That goes with price as well. It's only as valuable as what someone will pay for it. Personally, I think a lot of really nice Ann blazers make it to Yoox and in a lot of various sizes. If you're hellbent on the current season or there is something about this blazer that makes it irreplaceable, then go for it.

Figure out exactly what your needs are for a blazer and what your budget is. If this fits both, get it. I think all of Ann's blazers are of comparable quality but there are so many variations in construction, details, material, design that it's a personal decision.
            Originally posted by mizzar
            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

All things considered, thats a great looking blazer. Just enough quirks that make it interesting while not being too off-putting. Like BD says though, there are TONS of Ann blazers on yoox for 1/3-1/4 retail that are just as solid.
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Johngd
                • Feb 2009

^^prices on yoox are still pretty high for Ann blazers. around 800 euros if you dont want a white or pink one

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

Just that time of the year. Two months back they had super nice blazers going for $400-$600. Unless you've got your heart set on something from the current line, between the corner and yoox, you can get a really nice, nearly-current blazer for under $800 with ease during sales.
                  Originally posted by mizzar
                  Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• BBSLM
                    • Feb 2011

Thanks for the input, guys. I'll keep my eye on this one, but I'll look around some more as well. All the Ann stuff on yoox looks like it fits really poorly, though bad fit pics seem to be typical for them.
                    WTB
                    desperately looking for this ANN D blazer in small or xsmall
                    RICK OWENS og dunks size 42 | short-tongued geobaskets in 42 | sweats in small | basic tops in small/medium
                    STEPHAN SCHNEIDER aw11 loop cardigan | grey | size IV or V

Comment

• dmash
                      • Jun 2011

More of a VS. type deal here....

I only have lace boots. Getting my first pair of zips.

Carpe S21M vs CCP Tornadoes

Would be looking at about $1000 for either in lightly used condition. I like the zip of the tornadoes, the quality of Carpe and not 100% sure about the pointedness of the tornadoes.

Opinions?

Comment

• BSR
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by DRRRK
                        and having experienced both Guidi and CCP boots I have to say that although both work with pants tucked in, the CCP is much better with slim pants over boots.
                        redacted
                        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Oasis
                          • Apr 2011

dmash - For me it'd be the CCP; the pointed toe gives the boots an aggressiveness I love. At the end of the day they'll be on your feet, not mine so chose whatever you'll feel more comfortable in/you'll wear the most.
                          Originally posted by christianef
                          u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• eleven crows
                            • Mar 2011

backing the little guy here: go with the carpe's. nothing beats that shape. plus a pointed toe is not my thang.

Comment

• Denpatou
                              • Jan 2010

^^agreed, the carpes have a perfect utilitarian shape--if you're not 100% about the ccps' pointed toe (which i'd say is a draw for many as oasis points out), the carpes are the obvious choice. also prefer the matte finish, definitely not a fan of shinier boots~ i'll continue to wait for the day when there will be vegan footwear for males with such a classic shape :c
                              SEMI-SORTED. / DRUNKEN HEARTED

Comment

• avout
                                • Nov 2011

Carpes are rugged, but the tornados are infinitely more interesting. And I don't think the difference in quality really weighs against ccp.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎