X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bson
    • May 2013

shdws,

I think the Barney's customer generally doesn't go for Ann, let alone her leather pieces. When I went through the store in Chicago a few weeks ago practically nothing had sold... That being said, her riding jackets tend to run very narrow in the chest despite the looseness in the lower back and front... I can see most average-sized people finding qualms with the fit in a S! Not sure what size you got... Let us know how you like it :) Looks great though!

Comment

• exterminatingphantom
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Bson View Post
      shdws,

I think the Barney's customer generally doesn't go for Ann, let alone her leather pieces. When I went through the store in Chicago a few weeks ago practically nothing had sold... That being said, her riding jackets tend to run very narrow in the chest despite the looseness in the lower back and front... I can see most average-sized people finding qualms with the fit in a S! Not sure what size you got... Let us know how you like it :) Looks great though!
      Ironically, at least in l.a., Ann has always had one of the bigger sections at Barneys and most things sell out. At HLorenzo I see a lot of wealthy avant garde clientele specifically ask for any and all Ann.

Also, a cool encounter was seeing the late Jonathan Demme's wife walk into HLo with her son and fire off a list of Ann and CDG pieces that she wanted.

Comment

• Bson
        • May 2013

Oh wow! Well that is LA though... I think Chicago doesn't quite have the interest yet!

Comment

• shdws
          • Sep 2011

^thanks .

I just wasn't sure if I should purchase or not and considering it was a Barneys exclusive item I assumed there would of been more interest.

Thought if someone tried it or handled it, they could tell if it had defects or what not.
          Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• whtnnk986
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by shdws View Post
            ^thanks .

I just wasn't sure if I should purchase or not and considering it was a Barneys exclusive item I assumed there would of been more interest.

Thought if someone tried it or handled it, they could tell if it had defects or what not.
            Barneys has a good return policy, you can always return the item if you are not satisfied with it in any way.

Personally, I have an size issue with recent Ann Delmulemeester garments, the sizing tends to be different from item to item and I prefer to try on the actual item in person before buying.

Comment

• whtnnk986
              • Feb 2012

Thinking of getting this RO bomber,

http://www.ln-cc.com/invt/ric0112041prl#content

Double-layered grey lightweight bomber jacket from Rick Owens. Semi-sheer with a black lining.

Want to have some opinion on this interesting fabric combination.

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

I quite liked the fabric...softer than I expected. I say yes.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Crowzer
                  • Feb 2011

I would say no for me. I don't like so much the color.

Comment

• whtnnk986
                    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                    I quite liked the fabric...softer than I expected. I say yes.
                    I have also seen the actual item in person at the local boutique, as you said the material is softer than expected and it looks slightly different under different lighting.

By the way, have you seen the Mollino made in this fabric?

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men...x?storeid=9089

Personally, I prefer the bomber version.

Comment

• cloonz
                      • Aug 2011

I saw the grey bomber in store and didn't really like the look or fabric. I think it comes in white as well which I like a little more but still wouldn't get it personally. There is no shortage of interesting bombers being made.

Comment

• whtnnk986
                        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Crowzer View Post
                        I would say no for me. I don't like so much the color.
                        Thank you for your opinion. I am interested to know if you have seen the actual fabric in person or you made your opinion based on the online photos?

Personally, I don't like the colour initially by just looking at the online photos. Not after I have seen the actual fabric in person that I changed my view. That is why I want to know what other people think about this fabric.

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

i saw it in person and changed my opinion. its nicer than it looks in the pics. in the bomber version i like it. at a sale price i say go for it.
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Castor
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by whtnnk986 View Post
                            Thank you for your opinion. I am interested to know if you have seen the actual fabric in person or you made your opinion based on the online photos?

Personally, I don't like the colour initially by just looking at the online photos. Not after I have seen the actual fabric in person that I changed my view. That is why I want to know what other people think about this fabric.
                            I love the jacket in the bomber and the Mollino (which I own). You have to be comfortable with the shine under certain lighting. It is super lightweight and really interesting. The color is a light taupe/grey/beige, but more grey than beige. Sort of luxe/techno, reminiscent of Helmut Lang and Lanvin. The fabric is a little delicate at the seams (i.e. rips easily).
                            Originally posted by DRRRK
                            The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• whtnnk986
                              • Feb 2012

Castor - Thank you for the information. I am disappointed to know that the fabric rips easily. Maybe I should give this jacket a miss.

Comment

• VampireNocturnus
                                • Jun 2013

Thoughts on Julius Cargo pants? Been looking to buy a pair of pants that aren't jeans, but I only have a few other pieces to work with. Just some basic tops, a RO leather, and combat boots. I currently wear a pair of one year old black raw denim, but I'm trying to branch out away from denim.

I'm trying to build a wardrobe from the ground up, so even though I'd like some trousers some day, I'm feeling it's best to buy pieces I can incorporate now. I don't think I have a good variety of boots yet to work with normal trouser pants.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎