• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by braver View Post
    I'm mostly afraid of looking feminine.
    i was gonna answer but then i saw the last sentence of your post. now i'm not sure how to repond.

Comment

• braver
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
      i was gonna answer but then i saw the last sentence of your post. now i'm not sure how to repond.
      One mate told me that it looks like mini-dress, not just draping what made me ask here...
      So, if there were no last sentence, what would you say?

Comment

• 550BC
        • Jan 2013

One mate told me that it looks like mini-dress, not just draping what made me ask here...
        I think most "friends" will make comments like that if those clothes/details doesn't appeal to them, with or without the sentence I say Yes
        Last edited by 550BC; 05-04-2014, 06:24 AM.
        a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

i think if you are going to buy and wear thamanyah that you need to reconsider both your preconceived / culturally induced notions about masculinity/femininity and how they are represented visually. you need to also be aware that the designer of this brand is not very preoccupied with western traditions in clothing. he has his origins in the middle east and building on that is also his priority going forward.

maybe you should go for a more traditional brand with traditionally occidental menswear designs, if draping to you is feminine, and femininity to you is a problem since social influence of others seems important to you and subverting societal norms at the risk of stigmatisation is not something you are willing to do.

the shorts, however, are fantastic.

Comment

• SpaceCowboy
            • Feb 2014

I've been going back and forth between this version and the all black, any thoughts?

Comment

• braver
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
              the shorts, however, are fantastic.
              Thank you!
              I'll get them!

As for the Thamanyah and femininity, I own some great items of him, love them, and particularly that eastern motif. But the problem is that there is no tolerance in my city and I just can't walk here looking feminine, and moreover, I don't want to myself. That's why I have to combine my clothes to look aesthetically as most of us here (SZ), but keeping in mind our local culture and my own stylistics. And when I learn how to do it, if in doubt, I just need answers and opinions.
              Last edited by braver; 05-04-2014, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
                I've been going back and forth between this version and the all black, any thoughts?
                I have the ones in black and they are boring and I wish I would have bought the red ones but either way I say don't cop.

Originally posted by nicelynice View Post
                Was mistakenly sent Kuboraum B2s instead of B1s, no local stockists for B1s.

These a little ridiculous? Oversized glasses always seemed a little feminine.

Also NicelyNice, why didn't you go to ISETAN they have B1's there last time I checked, but granted I did cop B2's there (and my Julius Kubos)

also when are we hanging out
                Originally posted by unwashed
                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• nicelynice
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                  Also NicelyNice, why didn't you go to ISETAN they have B1's there last time I checked, but granted I did cop B2's there (and my Julius Kubos)

also when are we hanging out
                  Sold out!! That was the first place I called. Eventually found some at Globe Specs in Shibuya, who called me back like 20 minutes after I had given up and placed an order online for a pair. Went and tried them on, they look good at least

And yeah, for sure! Buried in work over golden week but I'll be free after next week, I'll send you a PM

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by schemedream View Post
                    Anyone seen these Julius ss13 loafers?

The only thing I see that really matches his aesthetic is the creeper sole. I know that he has done some cleaner pieces in the recent past and some of the tailored pieces I can get behind....but these seem pretty goofy. I do need a pair of nicer / casual classic shoes so I was thinking these could do. What do you guys think?

Someone wants to trade me and I'm not sure if they'll be acceptable, whack, or actually cool. Anyone seen them in person or have a runway / lookbook shot of them? Couldn't find any. My google fu is weak tonight.
                    There's a pair on grailed. You could ask for more photos, perhaps you could find markings.

EDIT:

Found 'em!
                    Last edited by Lohikaarme; 05-04-2014, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• kunk75
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

at least he's ripping off Bass instead of Rick now

Originally posted by schemedream View Post
                      Anyone seen these Julius ss13 loafers?

The only thing I see that really matches his aesthetic is the creeper sole. I know that he has done some cleaner pieces in the recent past and some of the tailored pieces I can get behind....but these seem pretty goofy. I do need a pair of nicer / casual classic shoes so I was thinking these could do. What do you guys think?

Someone wants to trade me and I'm not sure if they'll be acceptable, whack, or actually cool. Anyone seen them in person or have a runway / lookbook shot of them? Couldn't find any. My google fu is weak tonight.

Comment

• apathy!
                        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                        at least he's ripping off Bass instead of Rick now
                        Tatsuro's design's are quite clearly different to rick's though.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
                          Aircuts are pretty clearly Rick-inspired.

Comment

• apathy!
                            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                            Aircuts are pretty clearly Rick-inspired.
                            Aircuts are a rick design.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                              • Jul 2013

Aircuts are a rick design.
                              Sorry, I meant the slightly modified _Julius ones. Not a direct ripoff but close.

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

yup the geo without the zippers is leagues apart from rick :/ air cuts too.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎