Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dduyyy
    • Jul 2014

Should I? Still saving up for a pair of 988 so I need a cheap pair of military boots

Comment

• menofoutsiders
      • Apr 2013

@kukuku the fit is spot on, no need to take the shoulder in. Yohji is never about a perfect fit. I wonder if the size is marked numerically or alphabetically since the latter is vintage silhouette which shoulder are meant to be dropped and chest are generous (50" for size s) . But if you don't feel comfortable with the outsized shoulder, alternation can be a choice.

Comment

• kukuku
        • Oct 2009

Thanks for the input It's size 2 and from y's line. I don't really know from what year it is. I feel fine in it but most yohji fits I've seen posted in waywt thread seem to have more fitting shoulders and yohji himself wears quite fitted shoulder I think, but then again in the runway pics there are lot of wide shoulders too...

Your newest waywt is really cool btw

Comment

• Mail-Moth
          • Mar 2009

The hem of the sleeve hits above the base of your thumb. So what you have here is clearly what was meant to be. This must be quite an old model, since Y's has the reputation to be cut closer to the body than Yohji, which already fits slimmer than it used to.
          I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
          I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• menofoutsiders
            • Apr 2013

Thank you :)

Fitted shoulder are more common in recent collection and yours must clearly be an old model. Yohji san himself sometimes wears dropped shoulder too. And to add MM's statement, sleeves positioned around the base of the thumb are where most yohji fans consider to be an ideal length.

Comment

• kukuku
              • Oct 2009

Yes, M-M's fits and knowledge are always inspiring too

Now with those comments in mind I will keep it that way and probably buy more yohji jackets too in the future, since I really like the man and his work.

I also got one jacket from yohjis "gothic" line, which fits big too. Really strange piece and not that well known line I think since I cannot find much information about it. It's made in france

One other thing that also came to my mind is that these clothes looks better with flat cap or any hat for some reason that I can't quite figure out
              Last edited by kukuku; 09-07-2014, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by dduyyy View Post

Should I? Still saving up for a pair of 988 so I need a cheap pair of military boots
                are those the neil barrett ones, or just a regular style?

i actually kinda like palladiums since like forever, so i say go for it.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

usually I dislike "sporty" and modernized versions of combat boots but these don't look too bad
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• dduyyy
                    • Jul 2014

Yes, they are the neil barrett ones. They dont give me the feel of "converse boots", and the leather & contruction is really nice.
                    Thanks Shucks and lowrey, i'll go for it.

Comment

• braver
                      • Sep 2013

Looking for new leather jacket.
                      Yes or no to each one: which one is the best?
                      I love all these grails, but can afford only one now...

1. CCP

2. CCP

3. MA+

4. Augusta

5. Julius

Or maybe another BBS?

Pics are not mine, from SFU.

Comment

• Osseovs
                        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by braver View Post
                        Looking for new leather jacket.
                        Yes or no to each one: which one is the best?
                        I love all these grails, but can afford only one now...
                        Personally loving #2. It may just be the lighting, but the texture and hemming (?) make me feel all fuzzy; the attached gloves are also a plus. Ultimately, it's up to your own preferences, though.

Comment

• blackfedora
                          • Jan 2012

^ On jacket #2, the gloves are not part of it but rather a separate piece (disparate finger cuffs). CCP does however make several variants of a gloved leather jacket.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                            • Jul 2013

I think it depends on what the rest of your wardrobe looks like.
                            bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• thinbuddha
                              • Jul 2011

#2 is something i've been lusting after myself - love the finger cuffs

Comment

• zen dog
                                • Jan 2014

I hope you've tried at least several if not all of them on. Some cuts might not look as good on you as others. Sometimes a jacket (or anything) will reveal itself when you put it on and move. I've been surprised both good and bad. Here's another reason for brick and mortar stores- feeling the leather, the fit and a good sales person (that you trust) showing you pieces that you might not have considered.

All that said, I like the symmetry of the MA+ including the seam bisecting the chest- zipper, seam= cross if you want. You'll have to decide whether the straps on the sleeve zippers are a pleasurable element or will become annoying. As long as you have a good fit I don't think you can go wrong with any of those pieces.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎