X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lohikaarme
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by YTheLastMan View Post
    All right folks, this is only a debate I'm having internally because they popped up on Grailed and I reckon they are fairly uncommon.

So, these Carpes:

OR

The 'classic' Guidis (988)

I likely won't wear either during the winter here in Montreal, given the atrocious amounts of salt and snow.

Further, I'd like something that can be worn untucked with certain longer and more rigid pants, such as BBS.

Cheers!
    Always CDiem never not CDiem.

Comment

• Trixer
      • Mar 2014

Considering buying my first leather trouser (from Lentrian, pictures courtesy of Orimono). Really like the stacking as I think it really removes a bit of the fetish feeling. Still, I'm not really sure... I often wear leather jackets and unsure about styling. Yes or no (more to leather trousers in general I would say)?

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

eww. don't do it. these are no good.

Comment

• Trixer
          • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
          eww. don't do it. these are no good.
          How so?

Comment

• DudleyGray
            • Jul 2013

A) Leather daddy, which is fine but doesn't seem to be what you're going for.
            B) Leather pants make your legs hot and sweaty. Other parts too, if they're covered, but what fun is that?
            C) Leather jacket is already treading dangerously in "look out, badass coming through!" and cheesy sleaze territory as it is, no matter how fashion forward or artisanal. And I say that as someone who wears a leather jacket.

Take your pick. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want leather Memphis jeans or aircuts.
            bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• daou0782
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

for starters, the rear of the seat on those looks like shit.

i don't have the balls to go for them , but if i were i would get something matte and never pair it with more leather.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Trixer View Post
                Considering buying my first leather trouser (from Lentrian, pictures courtesy of Orimono). Really like the stacking as I think it really removes a bit of the fetish feeling. Still, I'm not really sure... I often wear leather jackets and unsure about styling. Yes or no (more to leather trousers in general I would say)?
                Look for a more jeans-cut style. Rick Owens leather aircuts for instance look good (to me, at least). Or go for Carpe Diem. They have a different feel due to the cut.

The shiny feeling gives off the fetish vibe more than anything else. Don't wear with a leather jacket unless you want the fetish-y/leather daddy vibes.

Comment

• other_animals
                  • Mar 2012

thought I'd chime in too Trixer, as I wear leather pants more days than not.

A. I have to disagree w/ Dudley on the hot sweaty leg tidbit. Leather (quality leather w/out synthetic treatment or lining) is breathable and comfortable. I live in LA, wear thick horse leather pants in the summer (temps reaching well over 100 F) and find them just as comfortable as jeans.

B. I always feel that you cant go wrong w/ a leather pant, but have to be very mindful of the styling, as it you can easily slip into costume/ leather daddy territory (which is fine if that's what you're aiming for). Which leads me to...

C. Don't go for those... The fit on those is difficult, and the overall aesthetic is very specific. I like to think of leather pants as classic investment pieces. Make sure they'll stand the test of time and trends. Go for a more classic fit like Lohikaarme said. Rick's aircuts are great, and I really can't speak highly enough of Carpe (duh, topnotch leather, construction and fit (I have 3 pairs myself...)), and maybe I'll get some heat for saying this, but the girls over at The Row make a fantastic pair or leather pants in a classic 5 pocket jean cut (made for women, but fit perfectly on a man)or if you want something a little less classic, at least go for a pair that fits better (Alexandre Plokhov comes to mind, or M.A +, classic, and again topnotch leather, construction, and fit).

(also, I disagree to an extent w/ Lohikaarme and Daou re: pairing leather pants w/ leather tops. I often wear leather on leather and avoid leather daddy territory. You just have to make sure you have differing balances of colors, tones, and/or textures)

(leave it to me to make my longest post ever about the virtues leather pants...)

Comment

• Trixer
                    • Mar 2014

Thank you all for the input, much appreciated!

Went to the store today to try them on irl and found them to be more matte irl than at those pictures. Also found the fit quite good actually. I might be a bit biased because I have the denim with the same cut and I love those. But yeah, I think I'm going to take your advice and continue looking a little :)

other_animals | Would love to see a picture of you in the WAYWT thread styling leather on leather!

Comment

• other_animals
                      • Mar 2012

Trixer, I'll try my best

also, maybe look at some Haider options too while you're at it, great uncomplicated fits, interesting details, beautiful leather.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by other_animals View Post
                        (leave it to me to make my longest post ever about the virtues leather pants...)
                        I liked it, since you don't hear much about it or see it in waywt. FWIW, my experience of leather pants being too hot is from hearing my mom complain that her super brown leather absolutely not fetish jeans were too hot for her to wear. They could have been lined, though. Did I mention that they definitely weren't fetish pants?

Comment

• Trixer
                          • Mar 2014

I didn't know you were in to fetish

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                          I liked it, since you don't hear much about it or see it in waywt. FWIW, my experience of leather pants being too hot is from hearing my mom complain that her super brown leather absolutely not fetish jeans were too hot for her to wear. They could have been lined, though. Did I mention that they definitely weren't fetish pants?

Comment

• DudleyGray
                            • Jul 2013

That is totally unrelated.

Comment

• minhcu2805
                              • Mar 2013

thick leather or thin leather? specifically stooges in glass ice lamb or full grain calf? I have owned thick leathers ( horse) and wasnt so fond of how it function so any advice from someone that owned it would really help :D

Comment

• derpington
                                • Oct 2009

Thick leather is definitely superior in the Stooges in order to give shape to the lapels rather than have them hang flaccidly when the jacket is open. I've had this jacket in both thick oiled calf and thin blistered lamb, and the oiled calf was far and away the superior version, and I'd imagine the glass ice lamb would be even worse than the blistered lamb.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎