X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fwoedit
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Rei View Post
    It maybe is a tad tight like you say as I see some pulling on the sides. Though the leather will probably give in a lil with wear too, hard to say not having handled these. I notice you did some pulling down which I suspect is cos of the length too. Personally don't like to commit to anything if unsure. But definitely doesn't look bad.
    Thanks Rei!

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

ok, thanks for linking/resizing pics.

how do you plan on wearing them? any specific items of clothing you want to combine them with, or any specific occasions? easier to help if you give some more info first...

Comment

• GucciAmen
        • Sep 2014

I would go with the former IMO, solid black will match with a lot more (versatility) which is key for footwear, at least with me. Not really a fan of the pattern on the latter either..

Comment

• collecting_items
          • Oct 2014

how do you plan on wearing them? any specific items of clothing you want to combine them with, or any specific occasions? easier to help if you give some more info first...
          at the moment i prefer the skinny jeans like, memphis patch or julius skinny.....i realy like the look from the low sneaker on skin ( prisoneer pants)

but the high ramones are also good for staight cut ....

my disput is also with the pattern on the ramones....
          Tragen Schwarz, jeden Tag
          bis es was dunkleres gibt

Comment

• Macabre
            • Nov 2013

Alright, so I was browsing ebay and I found a almost non-used perfect condition down filled Rick scuba.

I'm in the market for a more wintery jacket that can handle some f/w temps.

Thoughts?

I also found some white ramones in a crinkled deerleather for a good price which I think have pretty nice potential for my wardrobe (I already wear a bit of Rick and some BBS)

Thoughts on those as well would be appreciated.
            "The heart sings while the wallet weeps. I'd say that's a pretty fair trade." -interest1

Comment

• Scander
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by collecting_items View Post
              at the moment i prefer the skinny jeans like, memphis patch or julius skinny.....i realy like the look from the low sneaker on skin ( prisoneer pants)

I prefer the low one because I don't like the pattern on the high one. Why not a high one without pattern?

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by collecting_items View Post

if u don't like the pattern then definitely avoid the tall ones, since they will be the focus of attention in anything you wear. i generally prefer tall ramones also with skinny jeans, but if u like the low ones then pick those in this case. a third option which imo is the best: save your money for something you really like. maybe a tall pair in solid color, like scander says.

Comment

• collecting_items
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Scander View Post
                  I prefer the low one because I don't like the pattern on the high one. Why not a high one without pattern?
                  all for a good price ;-)

high pattern : 350€

low: 300€
                  Last edited by collecting_items; 01-01-2015, 08:51 PM. Reason: forget detail

Comment

• collecting_items
                    • Oct 2014

I also found some white ramones in a crinkled deerleather for a good price which I think have pretty nice potential for my wardrobe (I already wear a bit of Rick and some BBS)

im realy like the ramones, the boot character of theese shoes is what i love on it......

Comment

• hausofblaq
                      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Macabre View Post

Just got these recently off another user on SZ; the deerskin is thin but the fact that it's crinkled and the stiffness definitely makes it feel more like a worn-in boot than a sneaker.
                      I'm personally very happy with them, I feel like they give a lot of versatility (pants tucked in with no laces for a boot-like look, or pants over for more of a casual sneaker look).
                      If you're getting the pair off Grailed which I assume you are since the picture you gave is the same, I would say go for it, the price is reasonable given that other people are trying to sell their regular Ramones for similar or higher prices.

Comment

• GucciAmen
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
                        Just got these recently off another user on SZ; the deerskin is thin but the fact that it's crinkled and the stiffness definitely makes it feel more like a worn-in boot than a sneaker.
                        I'm personally very happy with them, I feel like they give a lot of versatility (pants tucked in with no laces for a boot-like look, or pants over for more of a casual sneaker look).
                        If you're getting the pair off Grailed which I assume you are since the picture you gave is the same, I would say go for it, the price is reasonable given that other people are trying to sell their regular Ramones for similar or higher prices.
                        Would you say, due to the thinness of the leather, that one may have to size down?

Comment

• Soul Pill
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Macabre View Post
                          Alright, so I was browsing ebay and I found a almost non-used perfect condition down filled Rick scuba.

I'm in the market for a more wintery jacket that can handle some f/w temps.

Thoughts?
                          Kop the down-filled Scuba if you can. It's a great jacket. And best in its non-leather versions like this one. I wear mine all winter, it's so versatile, great with big shorts, dropcrotches or skinny jeans (or even skorts). Being an M, I was going to suggest this one to you Shucks.

Comment

• Scander
                            • Jul 2013

collecting items There is a store near where I live that I think have them for that price. The high one I mean (drkshdw black wax Canvas). Which is your size?

Comment

• hausofblaq
                              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
                              Would you say, due to the thinness of the leather, that one may have to size down?
                              How thin the leather actually is wouldn't justify for sizing down, I would say size down just because they run big like Geobaskets. I'm a true 42.5, I wear 41 in Geobaskets and I got the deerskin Ramones in 41 as well.

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

geobaskets don't "run big". they are pretty much the same as most other rick footwear, i.e. TTS - for italian sizes. maybe you are a 42.5 in a different sizing system or you got that information from somewhere unreliable.
                                Last edited by Shucks; 01-02-2015, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎