X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eleves
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by eight View Post
    Yes I thought the zippers were a little odd too (especially when considering that there is another set in the back)
    They are OXS rubber soul. I thought the contrast with the grey was kind of cool, but wasn't really sure how (or rather if) they would work in an outfit.
    Ah, I'm definitely aware of the brand but I've never seen this model or those zippers. The black inner zippers look very dainty and have no place on a boot. I know some good shops like daad-dantone that carry the brand but I have no personal experience so I can't attest to their quality but surely someone else on here can!
    Originally posted by Faust
    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Shifts
      • Jul 2013

My attitude towards this thread is that if you even have to ask, then the answer is most likely no.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Shifts View Post
        My attitude towards this thread is that if you even have to ask, then the answer is most likely no.
        but what if it isn't...?

i've made a bunch of uncertain purchases but then once i get used to them/try them/see them/whatever i'm usually like "i fucking love this!". it's a way to break out a bit from a comfort zone and experiencing new things. i mean, it's not like i go nuts or anything, but still try to question my own preconceptions a little bit every now and then...

taking no risks is the biggest risk of all. after all, this is sz, not some dadcore forum, right?

Comment

• ian+
          • Dec 2011

Shifts you should also consider that certain members here don't have the chance to handle any pieces in person (like me).

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
          but what if it isn't...?

i've made a bunch of uncertain purchases but then once i get used to them/try them/see them/whatever i'm usually like "i fucking love this!". it's a way to break out a bit from a comfort zone and experiencing new things. i mean, it's not like i go nuts or anything, but still try to question my own preconceptions a little bit every now and then...

taking no risks is the biggest risk of all. after all, this is sz, not some dadcore forum, right?
          When will you unzip the jumpsuit and take a dump? I live for that day
          ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Shifts
            • Jul 2013

Shucks, ian+, I think I can adress you both directly at the same time: Of course, that is why I included that "most likely". Nothing is for certain and the thread has a purpose for these types of questions. But looking back in the thread, I see mostly see posts about horrid choices from coveted designers. And a few rad ones as well.

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Shifts View Post
              But looking back in the thread, I see mostly see posts about horrid choices from coveted designers. And a few rad ones as well.
              I kind of disagree with the idea of bad pieces, at least in the context of most of the questionable items here. Sure, some pieces are just amazing and some are just OK or mediocre at first glance. But a good eye and a little creativity go a long way. I always see so much focus on the individual merits of pieces (construction, fabric, processing), while styling seems to take the backseat.
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• sunny
                • Dec 2012

ccp vest bag

thinking of ccp vest bag,,,,

Comment

• rickandjulius
                  • Feb 2014

If you can afford it, get it.

Comment

• sunny
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
                    If you can afford it, get it.
                    Thanks. rickandjulius. Just a bit hesitated about the color of D. Green. Not sure what it looks like.....I prefer black.

Comment

• Kalior
                      • Mar 2015

I found this drkshdw coat for about 90usd and thinking about picking it up, does anyone have any thoughts and/or advice?

I've been having trouble IDing it and or finding pictures of it on models but I'm a huge fan of the colors and frayed edges

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                        • May 2014

No you're probably a huge fan of the price. DO NOT cop this.

Comment

• Arkady
                          • Apr 2011

Yeah this is one of those "if you have to ask" moments. If you're having trouble IDing it I believe it's from the TJ Maxx diffusion line.
                          Last edited by Arkady; 03-10-2015, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• rickandjulius
                            • Feb 2014

LUC Farmers jacket or M.A+ vertical pocket jacket?

If I had the money I'd get both.

Comment

• rickandjulius
                              • Feb 2014

Thanks for your help!

Comment

• Arkady
                                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
                                LUC Farmers jacket or M.A+ vertical pocket jacket?

If I had the money I'd get both.
                                Feel like the farmer's jacket might fit better into what I've seen of your wardrobe on WAYWT but I like the aggression of the MA+.

If cost is a concern I'd say the LUC is more versatile and the way to go.

TRK the same could be said for giving financial advice on InterestingPants.com while trying to sound like King Solomon.
                                Last edited by Arkady; 03-10-2015, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎