X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

Re: Yes or No?

i think i might make one last winter purchase. which of these outerwear pieces would be a better choice?

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• mass
      • Sep 2006

2nd one by miles.

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

[quote user="mass"]2nd one by miles.[/quote]

Word! The second coat is one of my favorites this season.
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• KeijiHaino
          • Dec 2006

god i love lanvin! the second one for sure....which btw i cant find any pictures anywhere, does anyone remember what season it was-the Lanvin men-where the models sported long hair? (mostly black and navy collection from what i saw, and looked like a fall collection)

Comment

• sam_tem
            • Apr 2007

trying to make up my mind soon here on whether i want this jacket, but does anyone have an opinion on which color to go for. the black is probably the safer color as the ribbed section would blend in well with the jacket, but sometimes it's nice to have a jacket that isn't black since so much stuff is these days.

Comment

• dontbecruel
              • Sep 2006

That jacket comes in several different weight fabrics, so you need to factor that in too. I think the one on the right is ramie+cotton with no wool in it. I've tried the heavier wool one on the left on in both colours and definitely preferred the black for the reason you said: the oversized cuffs are a bit more subtle when they match the jacket colour.

Comment

• mesh
                • Dec 2006

Joey first coat.

Comment

• sbw4224
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"]That jacket comes in several different weight fabrics, so you need to factor that in too. I think the one on the right is ramie+cotton with no wool in it. I've tried the heavier wool one on the left on in both colours and definitely preferred the black for the reason you said: the oversized cuffs are a bit more subtle when they match the jacket colour.
                  [/quote]

What DBC said is true, the jacket does come in different weight fabrics. The black one is two types of wool (I'll double check tonight) and the lighter one is a 65% Virgin Wool/35% Ramie. I'll update my selling thread with the information later.

Comment

• Johnny
                    • Sep 2006

Pipe I love that jacket, but I couldnt' wear it myself. It depends on your colouring, frame, overall look etc. I almost bought the bright blue one in the different style. I love the washed wool and the way that the lining hangs down below the outer sleeves.

On the lanvin, definately the second jacket. The first is seriously bling/camp. The second one is very classic, but it does havewhat I think is the really beautifulalmost "skirt" shape from the waist.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Sam_tem, the 2nd one. It's rare to find such a beautiful shade of brown. I think the contrasting only adds to its beauty (and the ramie mixed in with wool is heavenly).
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Joey: Those two jackets are so different (aside from the brand), it makes me wonder if you?re interested because you like them or because they?re Lanvin?Nothing wrong with that in a sense but still its good to be aware of it.

To answer the question in a direct manner; none. I don?t like the first one and while I do dig the second one, I don?t see it as gelling very well with your wardrobe. Do you plan on wearier dressier clothing or at least sharper cuts and more obviously luxurious fabrics? If that?s not the case you might want to reconsider the second jacket.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

At the risk of sounding like I always just agree with what fuuma says, I agree with what fuuma says. I was going to say the same thingabout how it fits in with (from what I can gather from the pics you post here) your wardrobe.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

i can definitely see that as something that may come off, but when i first tried on the first hooded coat i was really enamored with it and my girlfriend also really loved it since it was casual, but sophisticated. however, during the span of time i also want/need a more formal coat to balance off what i have and it's a huge hole in my closet. they don't play the same function, but are things that i can incorporate into my wardrobe. i don't dress like a super goth ninja on a daily basis. [79]
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

I've seen the magnificence that is Dddonggo's wardrobe, it took days before my vision returned, so blinding was the coolness if his gear. However I'm still not certain about the Lanvin coat :P

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

What about the short version?

Also, I still love this coat. Not too goth ninja or whatever..haha
                                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎