X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Re: Spring 08 Wishlists!

[quote user="Faust"]Funny you should mention Junya. I got a bunch of Bloomies gift certificates for my Birthday, and this upcoming collection is on the opposite pole of my taste, so I guess they'll just have to collect dust for another season.
    [/quote]

Of your taste as a "wearer" or "appreciator"? BTW aside from Junya there's not much at Bloomingdales, right? Do they even carry Margiela?

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• bakla
      • Oct 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]

[quote user="Faust"]Funny you should mention Junya. I got a bunch of Bloomies gift certificates for my Birthday, and this upcoming collection is on the opposite pole of my taste, so I guess they'll just have to collect dust for another season.
      [/quote]

Of your taste as a "wearer" or "appreciator"? BTW aside from Junya there's not much at Bloomingdales, right? Do they even carry Margiela?

[/quote]

They do, but (oh so odd) only in SF.

Comment

• hanajibu
        • Jan 2007

but Atelier's version (without the hole)

Comment

• Servo2000
          • Oct 2006

[quote user="hanajibu"]

but Atelier's version (without the hole)

[/quote]

Rick Owens wrap? I wonder how much these things are going to cost, I'm pretty interested as well.
          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

i'd wager 600-700 based on the sleeveless cardi being 655

it looks exactly like that when held up

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

well, both. i did not like it at all - what looked preppy to most, looked kind of clownish to me. hoping for another badass collection in the fall (we shall find out in a few weeks!). nothing else at all in bloomies - they dropped chalayan (and his menswear has been sucking anyway), so it's Junya, CDG shirt, and Viktor & Rolf, which I ain't touching!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"][quote user="Fuuma"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

huh. didn't know that! i wonder what their stock's like.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
                  • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="bakla"][quote user="Fuuma"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

huh. didn't know that! i wonder what their stock's like.

[/quote]

Can't say. My friend Peter nearly cleaned them out when he had a trunk sow there, but he doesn't buy the more adventurous stuff. They hav the bag which I'm still trying to get, but they haven't put it on sale yet, much to my ire.

Comment

• Orochi
                    • Sep 2007

I'm still soaked with consumer's guilt over my year-end splurges, so I haven't really thought about what I'd want for spring. Most of the SS08 shows have left me a bit cold (actually that's a bit generous, some of them left me with a giant "WTF?"),and I think I'd turn my attention to shoes and accessories instead. I'm quite fond ofthese sneaks from Common Projects:

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]

i'd wager 600-700 based on the sleeveless cardi being 655

it looks exactly like that when held up

[/quote]

Price sounds like bollocks for a piece of fabric with a hole in it, custom made and rick owens or not, but regardless it's a cool piece of fabric with a hole in it. It looks like exactly the sort of thing I've been looking for recently (oversized wrap that I was going to put a hole in to use as a poncho / waist-wrap / scarf / cape / blanket / whatever). More interested in those N(N) waist-wraps in wool as far as functionality goes, but this is a little more interesting ina fashion-forward sort of way. Looks nice and fits southern california weather better, but it's likely that I'll be on the east coast in a few short months for college so... eh.

Either way, I'm not paying designer prices for it should I ever find what I'm looking for... at least n(n)'s had a belt.
                      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

I'm betting, at least from the pricing on arthur, it will retail for around $300 in the US. (Which is still a bit expensive for an accessory) I'm looking at getting the bandana in that print, that should be fun to wear.

Off topic: Ian, so you going to RISD?

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• maldoror
                          • Jun 2007

[quote user="Orochi"]

I'm still soaked with consumer's guilt over my year-end splurges, so I haven't really thought about what I'd want for spring. Most of the SS08 shows have left me a bit cold (actually that's a bit generous, some of them left me with a giant "WTF?"), and I think I'd turn my attention to shoes and accessories instead. I'm quite fond of these sneaks from Common Projects:

[/quote]

I just copped a pair of the achilles low CPs as after returning a pair of Lanvin cap-toes out of guilt (to much $$$ for a sneaker). Got to say I really love them. They're even more comfortable than the Lanvin's were, while less haute in appearance (not necessarily a bad thing). Looks like CP is going a bit more designed this season. Definitely digging the perforated ones at top, although I'm not sure about the cap-toe bastardization, which appears to me to be unbalanced, probably because of the leather's lack of a delineated edge. It just keeps going and eventually disappears into the laces... weird.

Comment

• matthewhk
                            • Jan 2007

not much I'm interested in as a consumer for this coming season...a pair of those Yohji cargo pants might be good for summer, maybe the hooded knit top on luisa...both versatile pieces that can be worn with anything, which is pretty much what I look for in purchases nowadays anyway.

Also going to check out N(N) during a later Tokyo trip this season, i've added this brand to my shopping wishlist after seeing how much of the collection is so wearable (can't pull off any of the runway looks, but surprisingly that doesn't comprise most of the collections...)

Comment

• Orochi
                              • Sep 2007

[quote user="Casius"]

Off topic: Ian, so you going to RISD?

[/quote]

Hi Casius, no I've just finishedmy degree at al&d, U. of Toronto. If I were paying US grad school tuition I don't think I could afford the material indulgencesbeing discussed onSZ [73] .

Malador, it's funny you had that experience, because I had my eyes set on a pair of Lanvin's for the longest time, but ultimately couldn't justify that much for what is essentially glorified Converse. Then CP popped up on my radar (yes I'm a bit slow...) and after acquiring a pair of black low achilles I knew I had to get more. They really go with everything and are some of the most comfortable shoes I've worn.

As for the cap toes, yes I do wish that the tongue and the toe were made of one piece of leather instead.

Comment

• matthewhk
                                • Jan 2007

High prices aside, I think Lanvin is the only designer sneaker out there that is worthy of that label. Glorified converse maybe, but at this point how much more can one innovate ona sneaker's shape while staying within reasonable territory?Besides top notch materials, theyreally blend with the vision the rest of the clothes present. At least that's how I felt about the presentation of the f/w 07 models, haven't seen the new ones yet so I don't know how it'll turn out...maybe they will soon become a watered down cash cowsimilar to DH sneakers.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎