• Show
Clear All
  • Servo2000
    • Oct 2006

Re: Spring 08 Wishlists!

[quote user="Orochi"][quote user="Casius"]

Off topic: Ian, so you going to RISD?

[/quote]

Hi Casius, no I've just finished my degree at al&d, U. of Toronto. If I were paying US grad school tuition I don't think I could afford the material indulgences being discussed on SZ [73] .

[/quote]

I'm thinking that perhaps your name is Ian as well?

Don't get my letter from RISD until later but at portfolio reviews / speaking to professors I had over the summer they basically told me that between all the stuff colleges look for (SATs / GPA / Extra-curriculars / blah / etc...) + having attended their pre-college for six weeks and essentially having tailored my portfolio for the school that I'm basically a shoe-in. So probably.

At the very least, so far I've been accepted to the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, but they pre-accepted my portfolio so I was basically guaranteed in there as well. At least I'm in somewhere! It's a definite relief.

Dropped you a PM by the way, Cas.
    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Orochi
      • Sep 2007

Whooops. Sorry for unintentionally barging in like that, but it's nice to know there's another Ianaround here. Good luck with the applications -I've been there before andknow how it feels, but you'll be fine!

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

Oops! I guess I didn't take into account there was more than one Ian. :)

Orochi- Good to hear you've got your stuff together though. I'm currently kicking myself for not finishing college but I'm going to change all that hopefully in the next year or so.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Orochi
          • Sep 2007

Good for you Casius![Y] Although I honestly believe that academicdegreessometimes have very little to do with wisdom and knowledge, and you appear to have both in abundance.

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

Thank you sir! I would agree for the most part but it's definitely a big aid when trying to succeed or at least, get your foot in at the right job. Plus, I think it's just some what of a personal goal for me at this point. I guess it's never too late eh? [75]

Comment

• matthewhk
              • Jan 2007

Never too late indeed. Get that paper (in both academic and financial sense)!

Casius btw i don't think i've said this, but you remind me a bit of Chris Martin.

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

[quote user="matthewhk"]

Never too late indeed. Get that paper (in both academic and financial sense)!

Casius btw i don't think i've said this, but you remind me a bit of Chris Martin.

[/quote]

Heheh. Yea, I get that all the time from my younger sister's friends. They all think I look like him. I just hope, for the most part, that's a good thing. :D

Comment

• Orochi
                  • Sep 2007

I'd consider it a compliment of the highest order. Just don't name your future child or pet after a fruit. [86]

Comment

• the breaks
                    • Sep 2007

I was supposed to finish my masters this spring but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.. definitely this year though. Spring wishlist: complete my remaining courses [86]
                    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• ionn26
                      • Feb 2007

wow.. you guys are so young(and remind me how old I am )... I have finished grad school and have worked four years already.. [72]

Comment

• the breaks
                        • Sep 2007

Bah I wish I was young... I've been working full time for the last 5 or so years. 8th year of university, anyone? [:$]
                        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

It's like Grown Ups Anonymous round here......My name is Johnny and I've been working now for 12 years.

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

[|-)]i'm like some peoples grandfather around here. been outta undergrad and working for 10(0) years.
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="matthewhk"]

not much I'm interested in as a consumer for this coming season...a pair of those Yohji cargo pants might be good for summer, maybe the hooded knit top on luisa...both versatile pieces that can be worn with anything, which is pretty much what I look for in purchases nowadays anyway.

Also going to check out N(N) during a later Tokyo trip this season, i've added this brand to my shopping wishlist after seeing how much of the collection is so wearable (can't pull off any of the runway looks, but surprisingly that doesn't comprise most of the collections...)

[/quote]

Good pick, Matt. That Yohji collection was one of his best, I think. Definitely love those cargo pants.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="matthewhk"]High prices aside, I think Lanvin is the only designer sneaker out there that is worthy of that label. Glorified converse maybe, but at this point how much more can one innovate ona sneaker's shape while staying within reasonable territory?Besides top notch materials, theyreally blend with the vision the rest of the clothes present. At least that's how I felt about the presentation of the f/w 07 models, haven't seen the new ones yet so I don't know how it'll turn out...maybe they will soon become a watered down cash cowsimilar to DH sneakers.[/quote]

How about not doing them at all?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎