X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bukka
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    You need to be an ape to wear that. Torso for 5'5", arms for 6'0".
    Couldn't agree more. Last one I tried, I could see my belly but my hands were fully covered ¬¬'
    Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• 550BC
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by old View Post
      Alteration in this case is probably not a good idea...since the position of the pockets are fixed, the whole balance will definitely look off. Wear more Yohji perhaps? lol
      Yohji works on short people 9/10 times, but I have seen it go wrong terribly..

I am 5'6 - 5'7. I have no problem with it, of course a few more inches would make certain things look better, but then again it just depend on who you are,what you are comfortable with and your aesthetics(in my opinion)
      For example my first BBS piece was a size M and it was oversized, so obviously it would look big and quite loose on me, but I liked it cause it gave me that ''old school'' street culture vibe I grew up with back in the day..it just depends on what you like etc.

What are ''tall people'' clothing anyway?
      a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Senpai
        • Apr 2014

My biggest issue in this regards is finding pants short enough, as not only am I 5'8, but I proportionally have a long torso and short legs. I don't find it overly difficult to dress in "tall clothes" though, as it makes for interesting layering. On of my favorite personal fits is a pair of my yohji trousers, my Ann D poet shirt which is extremely long (like meant to be long on tall people), and then a yohji sweater over that. It allows the drape of the shirt to be accentuated without looking like a girl's shirt dress, as it does without the sweater.

Comment

• eleves
          • Sep 2012

I'm 5'6". I went to Atelier to try on a Thamanyah kandora, looked at Karlo, then looked at myself and walked out a broken man.

Other than things like that, I don't find it too hard to find clothes that "fit me properly". I'll never be able to pull off Rick Owens the way that Rick Owens does it but I'll still wear it in my own lil way :')
          Originally posted by Faust
          HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• djt00
            • Apr 2013

This is a good topic. I'm a short guy. Just 5'6", so I know something about the topic. I can't say that finding well fitting clothes online is too hard. As long as I'm a 46 / 30", it will not be a problem. Although, I have to ask about the measurements a lot just to be sure.

There will always be certain clothes which won't look good on me. Sleeves on the jackets are sometimes too long, inseams need to be slightly shortened and longer coats are not an option. Just have to live with it.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

It's not true that longer coats are not an option. A lot also depends on build and proportions, not just height. I have long coats that fit great but I look stupid in Yohji. Avantster, who is my height, looks great in Yohji, on the other hand.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                • Jan 2013

I agree. I've found that a longer coat can actually create a nice silhouette which disguises your height, whereas sometimes short jackets can actually highlight certain proportions. I think the most important thing is just knowing/finding out what works for you.

Comment

• djt00
                  • Apr 2013

It's not true that longer coats are not an option. A lot also depends on build and proportions, not just height. I have long coats that fit great but I look stupid in Yohji. Avantster, who is my height, looks great in Yohji, on the other hand.
                  I thought about you when I posted that. I remember seeing your fits. You don't seem to be very tall either and yet you make some long coats look great.

I meant me when I said longer coats are not an option. At least all the long coats that I have tried don't me fit very well.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Ah, ok, sorry for the confusion. And, thanks! Long coat in tomorrow's WAYWT!

For whatever reason 3/4 length jackets, like the long Paul Harnden blazer and some of Ann's coats work best on my frame. I'd like to wear them more often but for whatever reason I find myself more and more often in the utilitarian mode - leathers, jeans, boots.

And, yes, I'm 5'6" according to Mister Zam Barrett, who I suspect is being generous.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleves
                      • Sep 2012

So true. I actually prefer long coats to shorter ones now. I still have no real experience with Yohji besides a pair of pants and hat. Hat fit well, pants not so much but I'm determined to find a way to make Yohji work for me.
                      Originally posted by Faust
                      HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• 550BC
                        • Jan 2013

I agree 100%, I have the same with long coats. I have no experience with Yohji yet, I am in London now will take a look tomorrow been postponing it for a while to try it.
                        a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Ulf
                          • Apr 2014

I'm 5'7", and I wear Yohji every day. Most days I wear a long navy or black coat; I've almost stopped wearing coats that go above the knee.

Comment

• Shifts
                            • Jul 2013

Very discreet.

Comment

• antabaka
                              • Mar 2013

for a while i thought i could just confidently rock the manlet/midget look by wearing everything too big for me

but then i tried on this giant ass rick coat at DSM and i felt dwarfed by it even though it fit me perfectly at the shoulders and torso

Comment

• j100000
                                • May 2014

When I bought my first BBS tee I didnt feel quite right, through my eyes I actually felt like my legs were shorter and found out long tees were not for me. Like fraust said above though, its not just about height, its build and proportion

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎