X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LelandJ
    Banned
    • Apr 2014

I'm 5' 10" and used to think shorter jackets looked better on me, but after taking fitpics from a distance instead of just looking in a mirror I realized the opposite was true in every instance so far. Normal to longer length is better imo at least for pre-modern style.

Comment

• Spectacolos
      • Oct 2008

5'8 with a relatively stocky natural build. I often wear my barny nakhle and YYPH platforms combined with boxy stuff on the upper half of my body, and try to avoid conventional slim silhouettes as well as the more extreme forms of yohjiesque comfort. actually doesn't look half as contrived as it sounds.

Comment

• delicious_not
        • Dec 2012

why people often say that it's impossible to wear something like rick long tee, pod shorts and high sneakers while being noticeably shorter than say 6'3" and look good / "right" in it?

i mean, the proportions are fucked up anyways, that's the intention, so i don't really understand why you have to be super tall to pull off that look.

tee, pods and sneakers are just for example (since it's a generic rick uniform nowadays), the question is more about clothes that are messing up with the body proportions in general. long top makes you body longer and drop crotches make legs shorter no matter the height, and since it's all well balanced i really don't see why it should look better on a taller person.

Comment

• Senpai
          • Apr 2014

Any short people have trouble with footwear? I'm 5'9, but have proportionally short legs. It seems that whenever I wear boots that aren't even necessarily tall (ccp tornadoes, etc) it dwarfs my legs. I've come to the realization that really derbies and ankle height boots like harnden are the only things that don't mess with that proportion. I guess my question is, does anyone else notice this problem or am I just overanalyzing my lower half.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

You need to get less chunky footwear, that's all. From RO I can only do the creepers, and though they are quite tall, they are absolutely perfect. Also m.a.+ fits the bill, and GUIDIs. Just need a narrower shaft.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ian+
              • Dec 2011

Hey Eugene are you really 5'6"? If this is true you do a great job picking clothes and angles to snap photos of yourself because you gave me the impression of being way taller.
              ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Ha,thanks. :) yes, I am. Actually, I think I have finally found the clothes over the past two years that work - the camera angle is pretty straight. The only other thing I can credit is yoga, as it has helped my posture immensely.

So, all you 5'9"ers - STFU
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
                  • Apr 2008

I'm only 171/2cm ... i weay yohji, full length carol coats, and mostly longer pieces, but i love a coat: hardly ever wear a jackets unless part of a suit...

But i do try get my sleeves tailored. Shoulders also; but only when needed and thats fairly rare.

I'm lucky to have a very narrow build so i look fairly proportionate,
                  This year I'm going to invest in saville row suit for formal occasions. Im interested to see how they discuss where break points should ideally be, where the lapel breaks into the collar, sleeve lengths, rises and so on.

Comment

• newp
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                    I'm lucky to have a very narrow build so i look fairly proportionate,
                    This year I'm going to invest in saville row suit for formal occasions. Im interested to see how they discuss where break points should ideally be, where the lapel breaks into the collar, sleeve lengths, rises and so on.
                    Which house are you going to choose? I am thinking about Hardy Amies or Richard James, however I have too tall and slim build.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by antabaka View Post
                      how do i find good tailors?
                      i'm always afraid they'll ruin the brilliant sewing jobs
                      don't you live in vancouver?

google -> modernize tailors [in chinatown]

only savile row trained tailor in canada [that i'm aware of].

used to bring them as much work as i could - visiting them is practically tantamount to taking a course in traditional tailoring techniques.

-

Comment

• RichOmens
                        • Nov 2014

I'm 5'10 and have had a few moments where I've tried something on and thought to myself "damn I wish I were 6'+" but alas there's not much to do about it other than tailoring or waiting for a piece that fits just right
                        rick julius bbs doma plokhov thamanyah

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Y'all need to shut the fuck up, really. What's next, "I am 6', but I really wish I was 6'2""?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• RichOmens
                            • Nov 2014

i like to layer tops and being a few inches taller would sure make that easier. i see my friends that are like 6'2 6'3 and they can pull off wearing like 3 or 4 layers of tops ! if i were to try that my base layer wud be at my ankles like im wearing a dress , lol!
                            i love rick footwear which gives me an extra 1 1/2 " in height
                            rick julius bbs doma plokhov thamanyah

Comment

• Ulf
                              • Apr 2014

I don't understand the need for a specific height to wear certain things. You're not supposed to fit the clothes, they are supposed to fit you. If you feel that things don't work because of your height, have them altered if possible.

I have never ever felt restricted in my choices due to my height (5'7"), but I accept the fact that my clothes won't look like they do on a runway model.

Comment

• newp
                                • Feb 2013

Everything is good in moderation. I am 6'6, with legs as long as fucking 3'9. I have to wear pods almost below my hips to make them reach below the knees. Skirted pants look like wide-belted pants instead.
                                Basically these proportions are distorted enough by its own and by clothing as well.
                                At least m.a+ sleeves aren't too long haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎