X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • delroylindo
    • Sep 2007

Re: good price/quality ratio brands?

I was wondering if anybody here has had any experiencewith anyfootwear by Chausser. They look very nice and I am thinking about grabbing a pair on sale, but I don't know if it is worth the investment or not.I need a pair to get me through the snow up here and these "look" like the type of boot that can stand the weather.

Comment

• mauser
      • Oct 2007

I guess my original point wasn't clear enough... But you have made an interesting discussion nevertheless. Price is one thing, and I?m willing to pay a hefty price for a piece of cloth but I want that also to stand the test of time. For cheapo stuff, durability is not the objective really. I mean ? my original example of the Ann D knit, I could have bought it at 800 USD retail if that was very well made. But it wasn?t. You can get the same quality at H&M, and probably a very similar design too. Though, sometimes you cannot know the construction and the durability of a garment well enough beforehand and that was kinda what I was looking for, knowledge in stuff where price and quality consistently match. Or where the quality/price ratio is exceptional. So, SZ approved brands mostly do the trick?? That?s what I?m getting from the discussion. I have some CDiem, LMaltieri, Margiela etc. gear and they are very good but I kinda wanted to expand the knowledge.

Trust me Faust, I?ve done the consignment and sales route as well, that?s actually a pretty good option but the selection around where I live is not that good, and at most times I do want to try the clothes on before the purchase so buying online is not always ?reliable? enough...

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]I was just thinking.... Uniqlo!! Great jeans for sure![/quote]

2nd on Uniqlo jeans. Can't care for the rest of the stuff though.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Bring The Noise
          • Feb 2008

Footwear: Buttero and Frye both make great looking boots that are durable and all around 500 or under.

Jeans: IMO deff APC. best jeans you get can get for under 200 by far.

Those are my personal experiences with cost efficient brands

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

well, you guys keep your fingers crossed for me,

I intend to raise my label from the ashes later this year (after the wedding) I WILL be adding menswear, an my intent is to make it really experimental, limited quantities,with great fabrics but at alot less expensive than some of the traditional designer brands

eg,

pants between $250-400 at full price

shirts between $150-300 at full price

and alot of other goodies,

* need you alll to say a prayer for me, and give your support, when i do because it will mean alot of drasting changes........and a huge risk

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

If you can do what I saw you do (still cannot get that black/plaid trench coat out of my mind), I am all yours. Godspeed!
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tims
                • Jan 2008

sorry to be offtopic, but zamb that sounds awesome, can't wait to see what you come up with. i'll be pulling for you.

Comment

• RADO
                  • Nov 2007

Again we are discussing about good ratio quality-price when is difficult to define what quality means for everyone here. Some gives priority to design while other to construction, durability or whatever.

We all should confess that buying a CCP, MMM, RS, RO, etc.piece is giving us a special feeling of being more unique than the rest of the world, and you are willing to pay for. This is the brand?s add value besides quality and design.

In my point of view the market has changed in the way that prices have raised but quality decreased. Fewer goods are sold on season and more on sales. Outlets spread out and higher discounts start every season earlier. I believe that marking-up lower prices, less pieces would remain for sales and customers would try to buy on season as a result.

Fashion changes so little that we can wear something for many years so that if we get new things, it is just for pleasure and showing-off on ?recent purchases? post.

When a brand is not well placed on quality-price will not survive for long time since the market is strongly competitive.

Mauser has open up a tough subject, when he said the Alberto Guardiani 7-8 years old they start to look now similar to a brand new CCP boots for one quarter of the value of CCP is charging. [/I]Have you ever considered how much should be charged for having a pair of shoes treated to get the look of a 8 year old one wore in a moist condition northern Europe? That?s my point.[/I][/I]

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I agree with your points, RADO, well said. I think for this discussion though, we are simply talking about quality/price ration, putting emotional values aside.

I think the Japanese are the only ones who have not compromised their quality. The Europeans are another story - I look at my stuff even from 4 years, it blows anything in stores today out of the water.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

I think a way to find good price / quality is to look for brands that are somewhat lesser known. I picked up a fantastic Final Home duffle coat for about $100 shipped because they're not a particularly sought-after brand despite that they produce (and more so in the past) high-quality + generally fairly subtle + experimental streetwear. I often see great Final Home jackets going on Yahoo! Japan for extraordinarily reasonable prices.

So another question to add: any brands that people often find on sale / going for cheap on eBay / Y!J that seem to do so just for being lesser known?

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

not necessarily lesser know, but maybe more ubiquitous. you can score some really nice cdg h+ and older junya stuff cheap. probably the same goes for yohji, but i just don't have the patience to sift through a 100 pages.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Gabriel
                          • Sep 2007

some tips on cheaper leather jackets that are similar to RO/julius jackets?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

not a brand per se, but the guy blackscissors on sufu is doing what looks like very decent copies. He does rick, dh, brato copies for around $300 I believe!

Otherwise, ebay and yahoo are your friend. Its all about hving the patience. Everything shows up again eventually. It really is true!
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• the breaks
                              • Sep 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]Everything shows up again eventually. It really is true![/quote]

It really is. I wish I'd learn to believe it.

Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Gabriel
                                • Sep 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]not a brand per se, but the guy blackscissors on sufu is doing what looks like very decent copies. He does rick, dh, brato copies for around $300 I believe!

Otherwise, ebay and yahoo are your friend. Its all about hving the patience. Everything shows up again eventually. It really is true![/quote]

wow, that seems to be really promising... anyone who can give feedback on this guy from sz?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎