X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
    are u hiring? not sure i have the skill sets u need, but i could probably dress well for my interview.
    I think it would be harder than you think because I would want you to surprise me.
    Then again, if you showed up in blue jeans and a striped shirt it would count as a surprise.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• byhand
      • Dec 2011

A person who can't put together a set of clothes for a job interview appropriate for the job on offer lacks the most basic skill set expected.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
        I think it would be harder than you think because I would want you to surprise me.
        Then again, if you showed up in blue jeans and a striped shirt it would count as a surprise.

Last edited by Shucks; 03-14-2015, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• destroymebaby
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by byhand View Post
          A person who can't put together a set of clothes for a job interview appropriate for the job on offer lacks the most basic skill set expected.
          No. Not really. I don't blame introverted nerds for showing up with mustard stains on their out-grown out-fashioned blazers when stuttering applying for a job as a science researcher. In fact the sole reliance on social skills is one of the major reasons behind the decline of the scientific field in my home country.
          The morning is not enough.

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

^ again there's something to be said for dressing the part.

it's pretty common in the telco industry (particularly for consultants/contractors) for the interviews to be all over the phone, for more technical positions most companies couldn't give two shits how socially inept you are provided you have the technical chops.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎