• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Wishlists!

[quote user="dontbecruel"]

I have to say I don't really get the appeal of Jas MB. If I was in the market for a traditional-meets-modern English bag, I'd go for Ally Capellino over Jas any day.

[/quote]

I checked out their website, thanks. I think it's a little too polished for my taste. What turns you off about Jas MB?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="dontbecruel"]

I have to say I don't really get the appeal of Jas MB. If I was in the market for a traditional-meets-modern English bag, I'd go for Ally Capellino over Jas any day.

[/quote]

I checked out their website, thanks. I think it's a little too polished for my taste. What turns you off about Jas MB?

[/quote]

This is going to make me sound a bit contrary, butI don't like Jas MB because it seems too polished to me. I like the fact that Ally uses simple, austere details and doesn't dress them up: metal rings, heavy duty canvas etc etc. It's all very British war-time in inspiration, rather like Margaret Howell actually. Although Jas's stuff isn't dressy, it'sall a bit more luxury in that typically Italian style: carefully burnished brass buckles and treated leather. Not for me, although I think it's probably very well done.

Johnny, I also have a satchelversion with identicalring/buckle detailsto the bag I posted. My girlfriend has the actual one pictured.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

/\ I see what you are saying. I think along the same lines when the carefully calculated scruffiness of the hipsters makes me want to shake them out of their skinny jeans.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

i've wanted that rick owens jacket that chris wants- its not old, it's from last season - but it was stupid expensive (A only had the black/black version I think)

as far as the raf sneaks go... you could get some reebok alien stompers and paint them all black :)

I must say I'm not a big fan of Jas M.B. either - the quality of most of the stuff is underwhelming in my opinion- only saw one or two things at Lift that were nice...

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Not fashion related, but this is pretty cool

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

is the RO jacket that chris posted a leather shooter?
              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• xcoldricex
                • Sep 2006

yeah its leather x wool

Comment

• mesh
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"] I must say I'm not a big fan of Jas M.B. either - the quality of most of the stuff is underwhelming in my opinion[/quote]

Agreed, people stay away from jas mb [6]

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

Lately I've really been wanting some cropped pants for summer. Any recommendations? I know Ann Demeulemeester is known for them but I'm afraid they will be too baggy for my tastes. I like the idea of having something at the bottom of the pants, like the tabs on the cropped pants from (eek) Prada last season. Or maybe I should save money and get some cheap dress pants from H&M or something and have them hemmed short? I can't decide...
                    music

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

The H&M option is a really great one... even if it's just something to hold you over until you come across a "good" pair.

Just buy the classic slim leg black dress pants and take some scissors to em hehe. Pretty much the only pair of shorts that I wear is a pair of H&M black dress pants that I cut slightly below the knee and just left frayed. Comfortable and only $15!

Leaves you money to spend elsewhere as well no?

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• nairb49
                        • Dec 2006

I need a new phone. I Like sleek phones, don't need many options as I use my phone almost exclusively for calls/texts. No email/etc etc necessary.

Currently have a chocolate, but have grown tired of it. Any suggestions?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="nairb49"]

I need a new phone. I Like sleek phones, don't need many options as I use my phone almost exclusively for calls/texts. No email/etc etc necessary.

[/quote]

I am getting this in the near future. It's not easy to find in the US for a good price though.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Faust, I'm in Shanghai right now... lots more phone options here. I'll keep an eye out for you and make sure it's a tri-band so you just have to pop in your Sim card and it'll be good to go.

Soooo many awesome new things on the Atelier site! My wallet is going to shrivel and die:

These three pieces.... I'm almost afraid to ask how much the aviator hoodie costs at A[:S]

The belt is beautiful and probably quasi-reasonably priced based on what the belt prices were last season from MA+. The boots... ah... the boots. Just need to find a European store that has them so that I can get VAT back and save some bucks!

Does anyone have suggestions for Lmaltieri-like dark dark gray pants?

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• deuxmille
                              • Nov 2006

/\
                              The hoodie is around 2000$ here in Tokyo. I assume it's slightly cheaper at A. The cut is great and it looks much better in person. There's also a cool vest version, if that's your thing...

Comment

• nairb49
                                • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="nairb49"]

[/quote]

I am getting this in the near future. It's not easy to find in the US for a good price though.

[/quote]

Thats quite an interesting phone. Unfortunately, I need either a phone on the 850 or a quadband. Been considering getting the Nokia 6300b when it comes out.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎