Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recession Support Group (no enablers allowed!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • uparmoured
    • Sep 2007

Re: Recession Support Group (no enablers allowed!)

[quote user="Avantster"]

hahah kira, what did I miss!

[quote user="uparmoured"]I have never been in a situation where I have had my fingertips freeze whilst wearing fingerless gloves plus Melbourne gets cold but never that cold... But I have many times been in situations where full fingered gloves need to be fully removed to perform some simple tasks like reaching into a bag to grab something... I am still on the fence for this one but I am leaning to the RSG side of the decision...[/quote]

Come on, Kev. A pair of useless gauntlets? These aren't going to make you look like a Warrior. And even if you do become one, you're gonna get slammed down, and shut out, just like how the Suns did.
    Besides, remember the Brad Pitt picture? You can easily put six bills to better use.

But in all seriousness, a pair of fingerless gloves will do you much better. [75]

[/quote]

This is what I needed to hear... Thanks Avantster!

cas: I have seen the buckle boots in person and all I could think was, "Too much metal!" and "It would be a bitch to put on and take off!"

When ebay has THIS, THIS and THIS... You have no excuse to get those metallic monstrosities...
    FS: M.A+
    FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Thanks up!

If those side zips on ebay were one size smaller, I would go for those in a heart beat!

Now, to see if I can find the side zips in my size...

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

cas your new name might have to be bounty hunter.

ig88, the metal buckle are fugly. you're so desperate for a fix that i could throw a jennifer sofa your way and you'd find a way to wear it.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

LOL. I'm dyin' here mayne, I need a fix!

Comment

• uparmoured
            • Sep 2007

The black pair were probably the very pair that I was deliberating over in Barneys Shinjuku...

SOURCE
            FS: M.A+
            FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

bump for those in need

Comment

• kira
                • Mar 2008

So here goes. Here is this leather RO jacket on ebay. courtesy of Laika [71] [51] according to the measurements if I am reading correctly it should fit quite perfect...it is so very lovely [64]

Issues:

it is listed on ebay- I shy away from buying things like this on ebay or online. what if it does not fit. can not try it on first or return it if there are any problems.

am going to LA in two weeks for a amazing one time art thing and was wanting to have a good time there...stay in a nice hotel, go out, rent a convertible, enjoy the ocean air...this would cut into my indulgence there for sure.

am adjusting to my new jobs and different pay set up, so not ready to just throw caution to the wind just yet perhaps but could if i wanted to...

i could sell something, hmmm. but not much to sell...

WANT it, find it stunning.

tell me not to do this.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• matthewhk
                  • Jan 2007

Don't do it!!!! haha

but uh...if i had to nitpick something about that piece, i can say i don't like the detailing on the back...i would've liked it better if the whole thing was one clean line. But you do look quite good in rick owens, this is a tough call...

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

eh....its cool but you have so many cooler things in LA to do, don't worry in no time you'll have plenty of chances to spend money

Comment

• Pinoy
                      • Dec 2006

kira? the way i see it, the experiences and memories you get from traveling and enjoying all that LA has to offer (now that the weather is awesome) totally beats out material goods. personally, i've always placed a premium on intangibles that you can't really buy. traveling and making great memories definitely beats out that RO jacket! :)

besides, you wouldn't wanna mar your this 'amazing one time art thing' in LA by staying in a gross hotel, would you? :)

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

Yea, things will come and go but the time you'll have in LA will be worth more than any jacket for real. By the way, what you doin' out in this part of the hood?

Comment

• deleuze
                          • Jul 2007

Comment

• DHC
                            • Jul 2007

[quote user="danieldy"]

kira? the way i see it, the experiences and memories you get from traveling and enjoying all that LA has to offer (now that the weather is awesome) totally beats out material goods. personally, i've always placed a premium on intangibles that you can't really buy. traveling and making great memories definitely beats out that RO jacket! :)

besides, you wouldn't wanna mar your this 'amazing one time art thing' in LA by staying in a gross hotel, would you? :)

[/quote]

Exactly! Experiences and the memories thereof are building blocks of who we are. Trip trumps jacket..pure and simple! Where are you planning to stay while visiting the left coast?

Originally posted by Faust
                            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

[quote user="deleuze"]

[/quote]

[86]

Comment

• kira
                                • Mar 2008

[quote user="Casius"]Yea, things will come and go but the time you'll have in LA will be worth more than any jacket for real. By the way, what you doin' out in this part of the hood?[/quote]

Agreed. I know another jacket will come my way and one that I can really wrap my head around. One that I can try on, return if I want to, all of that. This one is just beautiful and flowy. But the experience will be way more cooler than that jacket for sure. Maybe I am just getting to antsy with what I have at the moment. The jacket will find a nice home I am sure, but it will not be mine.

I am going out to LA to see a one time art/opera performance. A bunch of people are coming out there from NYC so it should prove to be a great time and a one of a kind experience for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎