Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Yep, it's Kara Walker, I have one of the shirts, could post a pic if you want. Saw a wonderful exhibition of hers at the Whitney about a year ago. I've never been in a room with so many white people made uncomfortable with themselves . She also did a pin for one of the Gap artist collaborations recently, thought about buying it and pretending it was one of Ann's pins at 1/10th the price .

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    Any pics? Sort of cartoon-ish style.... Kara Walker?

Lot of african american/slave intonations in her work. Don't know that much else about her...

Edit: tried looking for images of the work w/ Ann, but didn't find anything, maybe flickr?
    music

Comment

• Huxley
      • Dec 2007

Well, I was referring to the ones with graphics more like this. Ethereal babies/angels. I used to know her name but can't remember it =(

Comment

• Mail-Moth
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Huxley View Post
        Who is the artist/photographer that Ann Demeulemeester used images from on past t-shirts and whatnot. Early 1900s involving angels/little kids or something. I can't remember.
        Julia Margaret Cameron.
        I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
        I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Does anyone have that photo of CCP's SS 06 showroom with all the spiral belts on the floor on their computer?

I just tried digging through tfs to no avail... not sure if it's on my laptop at home either :(
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Jorge Hache
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
            Does anyone have that photo of CCP's SS 06 showroom with all the spiral belts on the floor on their computer?

I just tried digging through tfs to no avail... not sure if it's on my laptop at home either :(
            Here's the one i have, hope it helps:

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Thanks J :)

There was another photo paired with that one that did show the giant rug belt... I think with the clothes on the rack as a backdrop too.

This photo helps though! You're the best!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Here's a big one I have A.
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• doldrums
                  • Dec 2008

Got a new pair of boots that I need to sole-protect before I start wearing them. I know this has been discussed before but wanted to see if there is a *best* way. Previously, I've used the thinnest vibrams around for both show and sole (cobbler tried to talk me into cutting off some of the heel and putting a thick piece of rubber instead but I resisted).

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Thanks too Cas! I had that one... crazy that the only one I'm envisioning is the ONLY shot of the belt I can't find!

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
                      Got a new pair of boots that I need to sole-protect before I start wearing them. I know this has been discussed before but wanted to see if there is a *best* way. Previously, I've used the thinnest vibrams around for both show and sole (cobbler tried to talk me into cutting off some of the heel and putting a thick piece of rubber instead but I resisted).
                      the thinnest vibram is probably the best option, if you're willing to grind the boots a bit, the second options isn't bad either. I did this with an old pair of guidis as the heel had worn out unevenly, the cobbler grinded about 5mm off and added a slightly thicker sole.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

If you walk on one side of your foot, you have to be very careful about a rubber heel end. I wear through mine quite quickly because in my stride I strike fully on the outside edge of my foot.
                        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• sshum88
                          • Dec 2007

I do this with all my shoes/boots with the exception of runners. I've found that it extends the life of my shoes especially coming from the wet weathers of Vancouver. Find yourself a good cobbler and some will offer different brands of sole protectors other than Vibram.

Personally I like the thinner protectors but will put on a thicker one if I don't think it will ruin the profile of the shoe/boot. Just take a look at the wear and tear occassionally and replace the protectors before it gets down to the actual leather heel/bottoms...it is a lot cheaper. I know this from experience.

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
                          Originally posted by eat me
                          If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Huxley
                            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                            Julia Margaret Cameron.
                            Ah yes, thanks!

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Albert- I know exactly which one you're looking for too! I probably have it on my personal computer (which took a dump and needs a new battery unfortunately). I'll try to search though.
                              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Casius View Post
                                Albert- I know exactly which one you're looking for too! I probably have it on my personal computer (which took a dump and needs a new battery unfortunately). I'll try to search though.

Thanks Cas!

With the belt rug, it makes the best visual impact in the correct setting :)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎